4 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi.

First and foremost my apologies if this is in the wrong section.

I would like to share our story and hopefully get some straightforward answers as even the attorneys seem confused with this one.

I met, what is now my wife, on an internet dating site.she was planning on traveling to the UK. She arrived and we met. Spent some time together in the UK. Her mother and daughter flew in and we went off to ireland. Her mother then flew back to the USA and together with my daughter and hers we then travelled to Greece and France.

This all took place between april 2012 and august 2012

She then flew back to the USA. I flew out to the USA around two weeks later after applying for an ESTA or VWP.

We travelled to Belize and Cozumel. I stayed in the USA until December 2012 when I returned to the UK. She followed me back to the UK on 26th December 2012 and left again on the 8th january only to return to the UK 2 weeks later. We travelled to France, Belgium, Luxembourg, Switzerland and Italy.

Whilst in Italy I proposed. She flew back to the USA around 2nd week in February.

I flew over to the USA April 2nd and married April 27th 2012.

IMPORTANT

Neither of us had pre planned this before my trip. It just kinda seemed the normal progression in our relationship.

Ok

We went back to Belize on honeymoon and when returning I was asked by borders who lived at the address on my form I filled in. When I told him my wife he nearly fainted. I was told I needed a different visa to stay in the USA. I explained that I had a ticket back to the UK where we planned to live. He accepted this and re stamped my passport exclaiming "in that case have a wedding present from immigration, congratulations" I wished him well and proceeded to my onward flight to Phoenix.

We both flew back to the UK on 26th June 2013.

Unfortunately due to the Uk's immigration laws and moreover the fact that it came out that my wife hates the UK she flew home October 22nd 2013.

I then flew over 22nd December 2013 with a flight back to the UK on February 1st.

My question is what is the quickest way of obtaining a visa to come and join my wife, settle down into married life and not have to wonder when we will see each other again.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Hi.

First and foremost my apologies if this is in the wrong section.

I would like to share our story and hopefully get some straightforward answers as even the attorneys seem confused with this one.

I met, what is now my wife, on an internet dating site.she was planning on traveling to the UK. She arrived and we met. Spent some time together in the UK. Her mother and daughter flew in and we went off to ireland. Her mother then flew back to the USA and together with my daughter and hers we then travelled to Greece and France.

This all took place between april 2012 and august 2012

She then flew back to the USA. I flew out to the USA around two weeks later after applying for an ESTA or VWP.

We travelled to Belize and Cozumel. I stayed in the USA until December 2012 when I returned to the UK. She followed me back to the UK on 26th December 2012 and left again on the 8th january only to return to the UK 2 weeks later. We travelled to France, Belgium, Luxembourg, Switzerland and Italy.

Whilst in Italy I proposed. She flew back to the USA around 2nd week in February.

I flew over to the USA April 2nd and married April 27th 2012.

IMPORTANT

Neither of us had pre planned this before my trip. It just kinda seemed the normal progression in our relationship.

Ok

We went back to Belize on honeymoon and when returning I was asked by borders who lived at the address on my form I filled in. When I told him my wife he nearly fainted. I was told I needed a different visa to stay in the USA. I explained that I had a ticket back to the UK where we planned to live. He accepted this and re stamped my passport exclaiming "in that case have a wedding present from immigration, congratulations" I wished him well and proceeded to my onward flight to Phoenix.

We both flew back to the UK on 26th June 2013.

Unfortunately due to the Uk's immigration laws and moreover the fact that it came out that my wife hates the UK she flew home October 22nd 2013.

I then flew over 22nd December 2013 with a flight back to the UK on February 1st.

My question is what is the quickest way of obtaining a visa to come and join my wife, settle down into married life and not have to wonder when we will see each other again.

Filing a cr1 visa, it's not fast but the way to go

Okay, a few questions here:

Did you have any intention of staying in the states when you came here this last time? Have you changed your mind, and can stay without having to go back quickly to tie up loose ends? Also, does your wife make enough money for you to not work for a few months, and/or possibly a joint sponsor?

If this is the case, then if I'm not mistaken, you can apply for an adjustment of status while you're here. You will not be able to travel abroad for a while, nor work. However, given your circumstances, that would be the quickest way to stay with your wife. You also run the risk that they will think that you were planning immigration fraud, so you should be able to prove that you never intended to stay in the US when you came here. You should submit your paperwork as soon as possible if you want to go this route.

If you go the CR1 route, it will probably take about a year. During this time, it will be harder for you to visit her because of the pending I130, and you will need to be able to prove substantial ties to the UK to prove that you're actually going back.

3/25/2006 - Got Married

3/20/2013 - I130 Priority Date
11/6/2013 - Transferred to Nebraska
1/3/2014 - NOA2
1/6/2014 - Petition shipped to NVC
1/21/2014 - NVC Received
2/24/2014 - Case # & IIN
3/3/2014 - DS-261 Available and Submitted
3/4/2014 - AOS Fee Available and Submitted
3/5/2014 - AOS Fee Paid
3/6/2014 - Received AOS Coversheet and Payment Receipt
3/7/2014 - AOS Package Sent
3/10/2014 - NVC Receives AOS package
3/12/2014 - NVC Acknowledges receipt of AOS package
3/21/2014 - Triangle of Doom appears for IV package
3/24/2014 - IV Fee Available and Submitted
3/25/2014 - IV package overnighted to the NVC
3/26/2014 - IV Fee shows PAID
3/26/2014 - DS260 available & submitted
3/26/2014 - IV package delivered to NVC
3/26/2014 - False checklist for IV fee.
3/26/2014 - AOS documents accepted w/no checklists!
3/28/2014 - IV & DS260 logged into NVC System
4/10/2014 - Case Complete!

Interview Date: June 17, 2014

Approved at Interview!

POE Newark on 6/28/2014! He's finally home!

Got a pending I-130? Tired of waiting for something to happen? Let's make something happen: http://www.visajourn...ners-committee/

We need more Twitter followers:@USCI130Cmte

Join our Facebook Group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/USGreencardpetitionerscommittee/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Yeah the CR1 is the route you need to take. Visiting the USA during CR1 processing is said to be potentially tricky with you having to prove you are not going to remain in the US but having said that my December visit to my wife went really well and when told I was visiting my wife the border officers only question was "Which country are you both going to live in?" I had more scrutiny before we got married! So don't worry too much about that just take proof of your ties to the UK (return ticket, evidence of home ownership/rental, proof of job etc) as some people are asked to prove they won't stay.

As Kaylara says you can adjust status from the US which will be quicker but you won't be able to work or leave the US while that's happening so if you have lots of loose ends to tie up in the UK (sell car, house etc) it wouldn't be the best route.

My blog about my visa journey and adjusting to my new life in the US http://albiontoamerica.wordpress.com/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.