hotairguy

I-751 sent today to NSC with new fee

36 posts in this topic

I sent Marilyn Petition today, express mail to the NSC. The recent form and fee with biometrics ($275.00) was enclosed on one check.

Marilyn and Peter.

K-1 Timeline in Profile (our story)

Church wedding Sept 18

NOA1's for AOS/EAD received Sept 20 MSC #

Biometrics completed Nov 5 2004

EAD Approval Dec 29 2004

AOS appointment letter received Feb 3 2005

AOS interview scheduled for March 9 2005

AOS interview mostly fine, just need I-693 supplement filled out by civil surgeon

Spend another $40 for I-693 form, sent to local USCIS office registered mail, arrived March 11 2005

AOS finally approved March 25th 2005

Green card arrives about 10 days later

!!Green card has incorrect middle name!! Thanks USCIS

Travel back to Denver, turn in card and I-90 to correct their mistake.

Application accepted, asked for I-551 stamp, they told me "We don't do stamps anymore"

NOA1 for I-90 received from NSC April 18 2005, fee waived

NSC appears to have stoped processing I-90's

Marilyn needs to travel back to the RP, call Senators office for help with green card or I-551 stamp

Travel back to Denver July 1, 2005 and received I-551 stamp in the passport.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Best wishes for a speedy result!!

Jodee

"When a man is educated, an individual is educated; when a woman is educated, a family and a country are educated."

— Mahatma Gandhi

The timeline... (Frankfurt) for the kids visas

10/22/2007 Filed I-130 x 2 in person + paid 710 USD (355 each )

10/22/2007 Filed DS-230 part 1 x 2

10/22/2007 Received the document checklist and FRN (case) numbers

12/18/2007 I-130 petition approved, but I didn't know. I was away at the time, didn't get confirmation letters til I got back from the states.

12/20/2007 Notice of Approval arrives in tha mail. According to the date received stamp on back of envelope at my post box.

Will now wait til hubby is back from Iraq to fax in checklist readiness, even though, I have been ready since day of lodging I-130's. all except medical.

02/18/2008 Faxed the "checklist" back to the consulate.

02/25/2008 Medicals completed.

02/25/2008 Appt letters in mail for appt on March 7th. Cant go due to prior military commitments. Emailed consulate and received an amended appt date of March 12th 2008.

03/12/2008 Visa interview - APPROVED x 2

03/27/2008 Visa's finally generated. I emailed the consulate. they apologised for the delay. They forgot to issue the visas after approval.

03/31/2008 Received visas

04/26/2008 Flying out of Frankfurt to next duty station on orders.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Good luck, hopefully your petition is handled by someone who knows about the new fee amount.

See: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=47280

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: Timeline

Peter,

I'm going to climb out on a limb here and guess that you're going to get Marilyn's application back for incorrect fee.

The fee for the I-765 application itself has not changed, the issue is whether or not the USCIS has started charging a fee for a biometrics visit that should not be necessary if the USCIS had delivered on the promise that they used to justify the fee in the first place.

I may well turn out to be wrong, but the limited evidence available over the past week or so indicates that the error is on the part of the people who updated the web site and the form instructions.

Yodrak

Good luck, hopefully your petition is handled by someone who knows about the new fee amount.

I sent Marilyn Petition today, express mail to the NSC. The recent form and fee with biometrics ($275.00) was enclosed on one check.

Marilyn and Peter.

Peter,

I'm going to climb out on a limb here and guess that you're going to get Marilyn's application back for incorrect fee.

The fee for the I-765 application itself has not changed, the issue is whether or not the USCIS has started charging a fee for a biometrics visit that should not be necessary if the USCIS had delivered on the promise that they used to justify the fee in the first place.

I may well turn out to be wrong, but the limited evidence available over the past week or so indicates that the error is on the part of the people who updated the web site and the form instructions.

Yodrak

Marilyn and Peter.

The submission was for I-751 and not I-765. I too was concerned about the recent changes without any general announcement.

The instructions now state;

What Is the Fee?

The fee for this petition is $205.00.

The fee for biometric services is $70.00.

You may submit one check or money order for both thepetition and biometric services, for a total of $275.00.NOTE: All applicants, regardless of age, are required tosubmit the $70.00 biometric services fee.

I was upset that we had already paid a biometric fee when we went through AOS and hopefully electronic biometrics was meant to curtail redundant data collection. I had to follow instruction and posted this for just that reason, to see and report what the outcome may be.

Marilyn and Peter.

Edited by hotairguy

Church wedding Sept 18

EAD Approval Dec 29 2004

AOS interview mostly fine, just need I-693 supplement filled out by civil surgeon

Spend another $40 for I-693 form, sent to local USCIS office registered mail, arrived March 11 2005

Application accepted, asked for I-551 stamp, they told me "We don't do stamps anymore"

Marilyn needs to travel back to the RP, call Senators office for help with green card or I-551 stamp

Filed: Timeline

Peter,

Yes, my typographical error, I-751 not I-765. (I guess I still had I-765 in my head as a result of mentioning a similar biometrics fee error in association with that form on the old USCIS web site in a related thread.)

All posts that I have seen to date since this issue arose where a $275 check has been sent resulted in the application being returned due to incorrent fee.

All posts that I have seen to date since this issue arose where a $205 check has been sent, either with or without a separate $70 biometrics check, have been accepted for processing.

All posts that I have seen to date since this issue arose where a $205 check has been sent and no additional $70 biometrics check was sent have yet to be asked for the $70 biometrics fee - but it is early yet.

On AILA chat boards the lawyers are wondering what is up, nothing has been said either to them or to the public.

If it were my wife submitting her I-751 today we'd be sending $205, but we've got the luxury of 3 more months to see what ultimately develops.

Yodrak

Peter,

Yodrak

Marilyn and Peter.

The submission was for I-751 and not I-765. I too was concerned about the recent changes without any general announcement.

What Is the Fee?

You may submit one check or money order for both thepetition and biometric services, for a total of $275.00.NOTE: All applicants, regardless of age, are required tosubmit the $70.00 biometric services fee.

I was upset that we had already paid a biometric fee when we went through AOS and hopefully electronic biometrics was meant to curtail redundant data collection. I had to follow instruction and posted this for just that reason, to see and report what the outcome may be.

Marilyn and Peter.

Peter,

Yes, my typographical error, I-751 not I-765. (I guess I still had I-765 in my head as a result of mentioning a similar biometrics fee error in association with that form on the old USCIS web site in a related thread.)

All posts that I have seen to date since this issue arose where a $275 check has been sent resulted in the application being returned due to incorrent fee.

All posts that I have seen to date since this issue arose where a $205 check has been sent, either with or without a separate $70 biometrics check, have been accepted for processing.

All posts that I have seen to date since this issue arose where a $205 check has been sent and no additional $70 biometrics check was sent have yet to be asked for the $70 biometrics fee - but it is early yet.

On AILA chat boards the lawyers are wondering what is up, nothing has been said either to them or to the public.

If it were my wife submitting her I-751 today we'd be sending $205, but we've got the luxury of 3 more months to see what ultimately develops.

Yodrak

Peter,

Yodrak

Marilyn and Peter.

What Is the Fee?

Marilyn and Peter.

We will just have to wait and see and I will make sure we post the results here. I went with what was printed in black and white on the USCIS own website. I think it would be comical if they can't follow what they appear to be asking for.

Marilyn and Peter.

Church wedding Sept 18

EAD Approval Dec 29 2004

I think separate checks is the smart way to go. I'm pretty sure that there are no issues from seperate checks (I did that with my AIS $325 & 70) and there was no issue. That way, if it is an error, they will accept the application and send you the $70.00 back.

2001 Met

2005 Married

I-485/I-130

12/06/2006-------Mailed I-130/1-485

12/16/2006--------Recieved NOA 1 (I-130 & I-485)

12/18/2006--------Touched I-130/I-485

01/20/2007--------Biometrics

05/10/2007 -- Interview, Approved!

05/22/2007 GREEN CARD arrives!!!

02/2009 - File to lift conditions

I-765

12/14/2006--- Mailed EAD App.

01/20/2007--- Biometrics

02/09/2005-------Sent in request to Congressional office for assistance with expediting EAD.

02/13/2007 -------- EAD Approved!

02/26/2007 - ------EAD received

Removal of Conditions:

05/12/2009 -- Overnighted application by USPS express mail (VSC).

05/14/2009 -- Green Card expired.

05/23/2009 --- Check cleared bank.

05/26/2009 -- Received NOA (NOA date May 15, 2009, guess they aren't deporting me).

05/29/2009- Biometrics Notice date

06/01/2009- Received Biometrics Letter

06/18/2009 - Biometrics

09/23/2009 - date of decision to approve (letter received), just waiting for card. No online updates whatsoever.

Hi Peter,

do please update us on your status...as i am following closely behind you!!

thanks for all your help...from my K1 to AOS and now this!

God bless and i'm hoping for a speedy process for you,

Ives

Lord blessed be Your name!

K1:

NOA 1 - March 31 2004

NOA 2 - July 7

to Manila - July 30

called embassy for interview date - Aug 17

Recvd K packet - Aug 24

CFO - Sept 7

Medical - Sept 15 & 16

Interview - Oct 8

Visa on hand - Oct 13 YES! thank You God!

POE - October 23

AOS & EAD:

Marriage at the beautiful St. Croix U.S. Virgin Islands - Nov 6

SSN - Nov 29

State ID - Dec 1

AOS & EAD applied for - Dec. 6

NOAs for AOS & EAD - recvd mail on Dec 15 but receipt date is Dec 8

got TD shot for AOS - Dec. 15 paid $15

passd written exam for DL- Jan 03 2005

Biometrics for EAD & AOS - Jan 10

Biometrics AGAIN (???) - Feb 2

EAD recved - Jan 29

recved AOS interview letter - march 2

AOS interview - april 27 SUCCESS!! Thank You so much God! You never fail.

welcome to America letter - may 2

recvd "green" card - may 5 2005

got driver's license - may 20

removing conditions:

lifting of conditions on GC - jan 31 2007

NOA date - february 06

recvd NOA - february 26

recvd biometrics apptmnt letter - march 2

biometrics appt - march 12

citizenship:

sent N-400: february 25, 2008

recved: february 27

priority date: february 27

notice date: march 4

recved NOA1: march 6

recved biometrics letter: march 10

biometrics: march 19

intrvw letter rec'd: april 3

intrvw: may 13 - APPROVED!

Oath - Sept. 17

US Passport - Sept 26

.png

Hi Peter,

do please update us on your status...as i am following closely behind you!!

thanks for all your help...from my K1 to AOS and now this!

God bless and i'm hoping for a speedy process for you,

Ives

I will and I also like the suggestion about sending two seperate checks. One for the fee $205 and another for the biometrics $70 and let them decide which ones to cash or not to.

Marilyn and Peter.

Church wedding Sept 18

EAD Approval Dec 29 2004

Update:

Delivered 12/27/06, 10:45am to the NSC, signed for by M.Boden.

Lets see if the package comes back or we get the NOA1

Marilyn and Peter

Church wedding Sept 18

EAD Approval Dec 29 2004

Update:

Single check for $275.00 (I-751 and biometric fee) cashed on Jan 2, 2007. Although I can plainly read the handwritten service center number on the rear of the check, it is not registered on the USCIS site. This is the Nebraska Service Center.

Marilyn and Peter.

Church wedding Sept 18

EAD Approval Dec 29 2004

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline
Update:

Single check for $275.00 (I-751 and biometric fee) cashed on Jan 2, 2007. Although I can plainly read the handwritten service center number on the rear of the check, it is not registered on the USCIS site. This is the Nebraska Service Center.

Marilyn and Peter.

Good!

Citizenship

Thanks Peter! i am going to submit mine at the nebraska service center, too.

hope the process goes smoothly for you, and thanks again for all your help!

Lord blessed be Your name!

K1:

NOA 1 - March 31 2004

NOA 2 - July 7

to Manila - July 30

called embassy for interview date - Aug 17

Recvd K packet - Aug 24

CFO - Sept 7

Medical - Sept 15 & 16

Interview - Oct 8

Visa on hand - Oct 13 YES! thank You God!

POE - October 23

AOS & EAD:

Marriage at the beautiful St. Croix U.S. Virgin Islands - Nov 6

SSN - Nov 29

State ID - Dec 1

AOS & EAD applied for - Dec. 6

NOAs for AOS & EAD - recvd mail on Dec 15 but receipt date is Dec 8

got TD shot for AOS - Dec. 15 paid $15

passd written exam for DL- Jan 03 2005

Biometrics for EAD & AOS - Jan 10

Biometrics AGAIN (???) - Feb 2

EAD recved - Jan 29

recved AOS interview letter - march 2

AOS interview - april 27 SUCCESS!! Thank You so much God! You never fail.

welcome to America letter - may 2

recvd "green" card - may 5 2005

got driver's license - may 20

removing conditions:

lifting of conditions on GC - jan 31 2007

NOA date - february 06

recvd NOA - february 26

recvd biometrics apptmnt letter - march 2

biometrics appt - march 12

citizenship:

sent N-400: february 25, 2008

recved: february 27

priority date: february 27

notice date: march 4

recved NOA1: march 6

recved biometrics letter: march 10

biometrics: march 19

intrvw letter rec'd: april 3

intrvw: may 13 - APPROVED!

Oath - Sept. 17

US Passport - Sept 26

.png

Marilyn and Peter.

Hey there, I remember you from AOS filing. Im in Denver also, and what a coincidence I just sent in my petition today also! Hope all goes well for you.

- Caroline

Chris (Colorado) & Caroline (Australia)

Mar 17 2005 Became Conditional Permanent Resident - St Paddys Day

I-751 Application

Jan 9, 2007: Application for removal of conditions received at NSC.

April 1, 2008: Case transferred to CSC

April 9, 2008: Approved!!!! Card is on its way.

April 15, 2008: Received card in the mail. YAY!!!

N-400 Citizenship Application

Mar 19, 2008: Mailed in N-400 Application

Mar 27, 2008: Check cashed

Mar 31, 2008: Received NOA1. Priority Date March 21, 2008

Apr 4, 2008: Received Biometrics Appointment letter

Apr 16, 2008: Biometrics Appointment

Jun 6, 2008: Received Interview letter

July 14, 2008: Citizenship Interview. Passed. Awaiting oath ceremony date.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.