TBoneTX

French/American Couples - Part III - 2014

1,536 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
1 hour ago, Mr & Mrs T said:

Thank you for your answer !!

ok I will have that ! (If NVC review my documents one day lol )

it helps a lot 😊🙏

Fingers crossed for your documents to be reviewed soon! 

Timeline
23 minutes ago, Claire HD said:

Fingers crossed for your documents to be reviewed soon! 

Thank you ! 
It’s gonna be 1 month saturday since we submitted so I hope to hear something before 15 days as I hear that it take 4-6weeks usually 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
4 hours ago, Claire HD said:

He was asked how we met, when he had been to the United States, his relationship with my father (who is the joint sponsor) and for pictures of our wedding.  They took all the originals of our french mariage certificate, his birth certificate and his police certificate. The passport will be mailed via post service and you don't need to prove a self-addressed envelope. Let me know if you have any other questions :D 

Thank you and congratulations on the visa! How soon do you expect your husband to arrive in the US?

Mr&MrsT, I wish you to get your DQ very soon!🤝

Timeline
13 minutes ago, portorusa said:

Thank you and congratulations on the visa! How soon do you expect your husband to arrive in the US?

@portorusa thank you very much ! I hope in 1/2 weeks 🤞

hope an IL for you !

Timeline
36 minutes ago, portorusa said:

We’re hoping he’ll leave right a day or two after he gets his passport (we booked the ticket today with miles so it can be more easily exchanged) so we’re hoping it will be issued soon!  I’ll update the visa received date on my timeline so you can also get an idea of how quick the turnover is. 

Timeline

Hi VJ family , 

question , I see that a lot of people who applied from France get reviewed and interviewed very fast recently but it seems slowing down now . I suppose because of holidays coming ..

i wait on my DQ from NVC ( I am still in the time frame . I am waiting « just »for 1 month ) and hope to hear in the next 15days .

if , and I say If they DQ do I have even a small chance to have to interview before the end of 2019 or I will have to wait ( again ) few months ? 
thank you 🙏 

Filed: Other Country: France
Timeline
On 11/11/2019 at 8:25 PM, Mr & Mrs T said:

Hi VJ family , 

question , I see that a lot of people who applied from France get reviewed and interviewed very fast recently but it seems slowing down now . I suppose because of holidays coming ..

i wait on my DQ from NVC ( I am still in the time frame . I am waiting « just »for 1 month ) and hope to hear in the next 15days .

if , and I say If they DQ do I have even a small chance to have to interview before the end of 2019 or I will have to wait ( again ) few months ? 
thank you 🙏 

(useful question - I wish i could help you on this but I'm not at this stage yet - I hope you will get useful infos)

USCIS - FILING FOR I-751 (CR1)

May 21st 2022 : package sent (with Fedex / Delivered on May 23rd) 

May 27th 2022: case received with Receipt # (NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER)

May 31st 2022: NOA received. I-797 (24months extension)

June 11th 2022: NOA for a Biometrics appointment (set for June 30th - need to reschedule it - not in the US on that day! 😱)

June 14th 2022: walk in at the Center - all went well. Biometrics done!

December 8th 2022: Received a Notice of Action. I-751 APPROVED! 🎉

December 10th 2022: New GreenCard received in the mail 🥳

Timeline
2 hours ago, Alix64 said:

(useful question - I wish i could help you on this but I'm not at this stage yet - I hope you will get useful infos)

Thanks 😊 I hope to have an answer 🙏. I am still waiting for this d*** DQ not being sure to be DQ from the 1st time so just to think that then i will have to wait again 1-2 months just for IL an then the interview is drinking me crazy .I am not one of the luckiest ones who get reviewed /approved in a very small amount of time . 
I think lore and more that we will not move before again 6 months for sure .. ras le bol 

Filed: Other Country: France
Timeline
13 minutes ago, Mr & Mrs T said:

Thanks 😊 I hope to have an answer 🙏. I am still waiting for this d*** DQ not being sure to be DQ from the 1st time so just to think that then i will have to wait again 1-2 months just for IL an then the interview is drinking me crazy .I am not one of the luckiest ones who get reviewed /approved in a very small amount of time . 
I think lore and more that we will not move before again 6 months for sure .. ras le bol 

Hahahaha (cf ras le bol), if that is of any relief : you are not alone :)

It is quite incredible to see the processing time differences between "lucky" and "unlucky" couples... in any case: Haut les coeurs ! Chin Up!

Edited by Alix64

USCIS - FILING FOR I-751 (CR1)

May 21st 2022 : package sent (with Fedex / Delivered on May 23rd) 

May 27th 2022: case received with Receipt # (NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER)

May 31st 2022: NOA received. I-797 (24months extension)

June 11th 2022: NOA for a Biometrics appointment (set for June 30th - need to reschedule it - not in the US on that day! 😱)

June 14th 2022: walk in at the Center - all went well. Biometrics done!

December 8th 2022: Received a Notice of Action. I-751 APPROVED! 🎉

December 10th 2022: New GreenCard received in the mail 🥳

Timeline
22 minutes ago, Alix64 said:

Hahahaha (cf ras le bol), if that is of any relief : you are not alone :)

It is quite incredible to see the processing time differences between "lucky" and "unlucky" couples... in any case: Haut les coeurs ! Chin Up!

Hihi i needed to complain in French 😂

that’s why I am so frustrated . There is no rhyme on how they work .its so unfair

After such a long time in this process we could think that we will get used to but no lol 

yes haut les cœurs ! 😉

Edited by Mr & Mrs T

Timeline

Got a IL for my stepson CR2 this morning, interview date is for Dec.4 in Paris! What a joy!! The waiting time for his IL after DQ was 15 days.

However, still no IL for my husband CR1, he was DQ’d on 10/01, so it’s 44 days of waiting already.

Both cases are linked. It does not make sense to me at all, why NVC is being “ignoring” my husband’s case🙄

Timeline
2 hours ago, portorusa said:

Got a IL for my stepson CR2 this morning, interview date is for Dec.4 in Paris! What a joy!! The waiting time for his IL after DQ was 15 days.

However, still no IL for my husband CR1, he was DQ’d on 10/01, so it’s 44 days of waiting already.

Both cases are linked. It does not make sense to me at all, why NVC is being “ignoring” my husband’s case🙄

Hi, 

Maybe try calling NVC about this, or the embassy. 

How did you get IL ? In the mail?

my stepson was DQ’d in October 25th, I’m waiting on my husbands DQ....

best of luck ! :) 

Timeline

The stepson’s IL was received via email. I sent an expedite request to NVC via email asking them to assign the same interview date for my husband. Hope to hear back from them next week.

Wish you receiving DQ for your husband soon!

Timeline

Hey! My husband's visa was issued today (interview was on November 6) but he won't receive to for another 2-5 business days. The Paris embassy is very slow in issuing and sending visas compared to other ones! Hope this part of the process will be quicker for the rest of you :) 

Timeline
12 hours ago, Claire HD said:

Hey! My husband's visa was issued today (interview was on November 6) but he won't receive to for another 2-5 business days. The Paris embassy is very slow in issuing and sending visas compared to other ones! Hope this part of the process will be quicker for the rest of you :) 

OMG, it’s ridiculous ! Have you already booked his flight?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.