TBoneTX

French/American Couples - Part III - 2014

1,536 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Hi everyone! Happy new year!!

Im preparing for my interview but i realized that my "casier judiciaire" is from august is it okay? Also what do you bring to the interview ? i just have the email with instructions in portugese french etc and thats it, i am missing something? Thanks

Timeline

Hey there!

It's better to have a recent "casier judiciaire" (3 months old top), but a friend of mine got interviewed in December with a "casier judiciaire" dated July 2016 and everything went fine. But maybe she got lucky, I don't know... If I were you I would try to ask for a new "casier judiciaire" before my interview.

As for the documents you need to bring with you, just follow the instructions you got in your email and everything should be just fine! ;)

Good luck :D 

Timeline

Thank you very much i asked online a new one maybe it will bein my mailbox before i leave sunday.

For the docs to take with ther eis finally almost nothing, photos/birth certificate/ divorce degree/ casier judiciaire and voila! but for that "Confirmation and Instructions page printed from this website " i only have the mail wrote in differnte langages what did you bring?

Timeline

Here are all the documents to provide:

- Passport

- Medical exam papers (it's the envelope the Doctor gives you after your appointment)

- Proof of payment confirmation page with delivery address (it's the confirmation page on the website where you paid the fee /ais.usvisa-info/ - I guess the confirmation email works too)

- DS-160 form confirmation page (with bar code)

- Birth certificate (less than 3 months old)

- Police certificate (less than 3 months old)

- Letter of intent from the US citizen (less than 4 months old)

- Photograph for the French citizen (x1 - 51 x 51 mm)

Only if applicable:

- Marriage certificate

- Divorce judgment

- Death certificate

- Court and prison records

- Deportation papers

- Letter of parental consent and photo identification

- Military records

And just in case of, you can also bring with you:

- USCIS approval notice

- NVC letter

- new proofs of relationship

Timeline

Approved!!!!!!!! It was one hour ago.. I was so stressed! The guy only asked me one question:" tell me about your relationship" . Super nice guy . Thank you all for your help and support!! So happy !!! Such a relief !!

Timeline

Merci!!! Ready for finally the most complicated... bye bye job, appart, book a flight for me and the cat and bye bye mummy.... :) ( this interview will be harder that the one at the embassy for sure !!)

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

I have a question, my fiancée has received an email from Paris IV Pending address telling us that they "have received an approved petition in support of your immigrant visa application"

That was the 4th of January. since then I have not received anything in the mail. Is it normal? can I schedule the appointment or do I need the letter to go to the appointment? 

Thanks for your answers

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: France
Timeline

Hi everyone!
I have been very busy lately, I finally moved to the US and got married and... We had even more paperwork to do, with the adjustment of status.
I have an advice for y'all: Do not expect everything to be easy, once you get approved and you move here. Although it's not very hard to complete... It's a pain in the a** to fill everything up. Lol.
So, first of all, congrats to everyone who got approved!!

25 minutes ago, RKandGC said:

I have a question, my fiancée has received an email from Paris IV Pending address telling us that they "have received an approved petition in support of your immigrant visa application"

That was the 4th of January. since then I have not received anything in the mail. Is it normal? can I schedule the appointment or do I need the letter to go to the appointment? 

Thanks for your answers

Do not expect anything in the mail. More than likely, the thing you are going to get is an email and it will be sent to the US Citizen. Make sure that you both check the spam inbox too.
But, unfortunately, there is nothing you can do now... Except waiting. At least I think so. The embassy, in our case, got in on August 19th or 23rd (we had two different information), and we got the email from them on September 6th.
Do not schedule anything right now anyway. You want to make sure nothing gets messed up. I think you will not even be able to, since on the email they send you, they will give you a link with something to fill and it will give you a number that you need to schedule your appointment, if I remember well.
I really hope you get it soon. We all know how hard it is, when you're waiting and you want to do stuff but you can't.

Timeline

Congratulations on the wedding and the move ! 

You are talking about an email to the US citizen and that's the one we got with the link to complete the DS160 and then create an account on the appointment website. I have done all of that. 

I was wondering if on top of the email that tells us to schedule the interview I needed a letter in the mail also. 

so that's great news! 

I've just been to the appointment website and there are no available appointments... I can't even pay for the fee because of this. 

I guess I just have to wait for spots to open. Anyone seen that before?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: France
Timeline
1 minute ago, RKandGC said:

Congratulations on the wedding and the move ! 

You are talking about an email to the US citizen and that's the one we got with the link to complete the DS160 and then create an account on the appointment website. I have done all of that. 

I was wondering if on top of the email that tells us to schedule the interview I needed a letter in the mail also. 

so that's great news! 

I've just been to the appointment website and there are no available appointments... I can't even pay for the fee because of this. 

I guess I just have to wait for spots to open. Anyone seen that before?

Thanks!!

Oh! Well that's perfect then, you don't have to worry about getting a new letter... Apparently they did send one before, and they still do it in some countries, so I guess that's the reason why this information is not updated anywhere.

I had available appointments 4 to 5 weeks later, from the day I scheduled it. 
How far did you go in the system? As far as possible?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.