French/American Couples - Part III - 2014

1,536 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Hi! the last news :

U.S. Department of State
IMMIGRANT VISA APPLICATION
Ready
Immigrant Visa Case Number: ---------------- Case Creation Date: 09-Nov-2016 Status Updated Date: 21-Nov-2016
Your case is ready for your interview when scheduled at the U.S. Consular section. If you have already scheduled an appointment for an interview, please prepare your documents as directed in your appointment letter and appear at the consulate on the appointed date and time. Otherwise, please wait until you have been notified of your interview appointment. Additional information about how Immigrant Visa interview appointments are scheduled can be found at: http://nvc.state.gov/interview

For more information, please visit TRAVEL.STATE.GOV.
So its like you told me, we have to wait an email for him or me right? is there something i can do waiting for that or no?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: France
Timeline

Thank you for your answer! I got the first shot of the Hepatite B last week just in case...

I scheduled the interview for December 28th, but then when I had to take an appointment for the medical exam, the earliest date was January 3rd.... I guess I will have to reschedule the interview when dates in January will be available.

@fosu: We both received the email, my fiancé and myself, a month after the Embassy received our approved petition.

Timeline

Well, there are earlier dates, december 28th being the latest possible date right now on the department of state website. I am just trying to slow down a bit the process because I don't intend to leave France before the end of April.... So we are taking our time :)

So don't worry, overall it's going quite fast.

Timeline

Hi! so we receive the email im creating an account online to pay etc and they ask m "case number" and ds-160 number"? i only have the PRS number . Can you help me i dont understand what im suppose to write.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: France
Timeline

Did you fill the ds-160 form?

You need to do this. Once it's done, you'll get a confirmation page you need to print off. On this page, there is a barcode and a number. This is what you need. Make sure you do everything on the list they send you before you schedule an appointment!

Timeline

Yes i realize my blond attitude :) im filling the DS-160 now. I have nothing in the mail just "create a new account pay your fees and schedule your appointment" normal? am i missing something to do?

Timeline

Im paying the fees, do i need to call for an appointment with the doctor before choosing the date of the interview? next date is next wednesday already for exemple. what do you think is better to do?

Timeline

With doctor Jolly the earliest available date is January 3rd, I didn't try the other one, but yes before scheduling your appointment I would make sure to have the medical examination scheduled ahead of it, and to have all the documents you need for the interview obviously :)

Timeline

Done for the medical appointment, i chose the second week of january but for the interview i cant schedule one on the website for the moment in january, the calendar is not clickable .

Did you succeed to do it?

i had choose the medical appointment the 3th aof january but because of a blud test we have to do in the morning it will mean to go to paris the 2th to be there early in the morning and the price for the train... :dead: :dead: Am I right about that test , is it before 9am right to do it? and be able to have the results during the day for an appointment around 14h with dr jolly?

Timeline

No, no available dates for January for now .... I am checking every morning

As for the blood test, If I read correctly you have to arrive at the laboratory before 9am (if you want the doctor to receive the results the same day by 2pm) at the Bio Paris Ouest Guinard.

or before midday (and then the results will be faxed by 3pm on the same day) at Laboratoire Clément.

Timeline

Be careful if you want to carry out all the tests in the morning and then have your appointment with Dr Jolly on the afternoon, read my review for my personal case (it was in September):
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/473587-frenchamerican-couples-part-iii-2014/page-63#entry8323575

Good luck guys! :dancing:

Timeline

Coucou ! So i just called the lab at levallois they told that its okay if you are there before 9am and that you just have to say that you have your appointment wth the doctor in the afternoon the same day and there is no problem. Also she told me its because i come from far away.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.