NLZZLN

I-130 questions

71 posts in this topic

Rocketman, I have never filed tax returns because I never worked in the USA. I was a student n was living with my parents. I have almost everything but this affidavit of support is stressing me out. Don't know what to do. Right now we just decided to go with our bank savings. I tried really hard to find a joint sponsor but I couldn't find one.

I did reply to u in the other post, my husband is gonna get a pay order from the bank n I'm going to use that. I'm not sure if that's acceptable but it is like the money order. Since ur wife is applying for u n I'm applying for my husband maybe we can share our stuff n help each other out. Does ur wife live with u or she's in USA ?? I also read online western union do money orders but not sure. You can ask them n ask. I haven't made the money order yet but do let me know which one u chose: demand draft, pay order or something else? I think they all r the same.

Thanks for your prompt reply. I will call western union tomorrow and check. I called UAE exchange earlier and they told me about the demand draft thing. They charge 10 AED for it + rate for transfer is 3.68 + They have to know the charge fees for the bank in USA in which the USCIS are gonna deposit this check in (And I have to pay that) but I told them I donno which bank USCIS are gonna deposit this check in. They told me they will make an estimate. And the validity of this check is 3 months. Didn't know any other way to send the check to USA yet. I just knew from you about western union.

Regarding my situation it is similar to urs, my wife been to USA once or twice and stayed there to get her passport. She never worked there and she never paid tax as she is still a student. I am her sponsor here in UAE and she is here with me. I am still in doubt regarding affidavit I have to find a joint affidavit support. But I donno who is welling to help me in this. As filling the affidavit forms requires the person to fill information regarding their salaries which some people don't like others to know about. And the 3 years tax forms. So I have to find the appropriate person to help me in this. But Im planning to start the I-130 now as it takes time to be processed from now till approval hopefully i will find joint affidavit.

By the way where are u originally from?

Edited by karimaelo

I'm originally from Pakistan n my husband as well. I was living in USA with my parents n came in feb to get married. Now staying with my husband till he gets a visa. Finding a joint sponsor is really hard. I have been trying my best to find one but couldn't. Now we decided that we will use bank savings. Someone here already did that n got approved. So let's see what happens in our case.

How abt you ?? Where r u from originally?? Do u have a bank account here in uae, maybe u can get pay order from them ? N yes they rate of currency converter is 3.68 so they will charge that.

I'm originally from Pakistan n my husband as well. I was living in USA with my parents n came in feb to get married. Now staying with my husband till he gets a visa. Finding a joint sponsor is really hard. I have been trying my best to find one but couldn't. Now we decided that we will use bank savings. Someone here already did that n got approved. So let's see what happens in our case.

How abt you ?? Where r u from originally?? Do u have a bank account here in uae, maybe u can get pay order from them ? N yes they rate of currency converter is 3.68 so they will charge that.

I am from Jordan my wife is Palestinian/American. I checked with my bank and they don't have such thing. Wish you all the best your filing.

One more question, I'm going to send our wedding pictures along with I-130, so my question is that can I just copy n paste the pics on word document and put little description under it or i need to have it printed them out?

I think you can do either but it is so cheap having some 6x9 prints made (13 cents each) I just made like a half dozen and sent them in.

Good luck

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Rocketman, I have never filed tax returns because I never worked in the USA. I was a student n was living with my parents. I have almost everything but this affidavit of support is stressing me out. Don't know what to do. Right now we just decided to go with our bank savings. I tried really hard to find a joint sponsor but I couldn't find one.

But did you have income outside US?

From IRS.

If you are a U.S. citizen or resident alien, the rules for filing income, estate, and gift tax returns and paying estimated tax are generally the same whether you are in the United States or abroad. Your worldwide income is subject to U.S. income tax, regardless of where you reside.

Not sure what your situation is. Just a heads up. Tax return issue will come up in later stage

Regarding sponsor: if your parents are in the US, they can be co- sponsors.

Even if you are just using your beneficiary's savings account to meet the financial income requirement, you still have to show that you have a current steady job situation. How are you going to support your beneficiary? It's very easy to show you have money transferred into an account for evidence.

The concrete proof they want is to show you have an actual job. They will either want a current paycheck stub, an job offer letter from your employer to write a statement for evidence too. And like Rocket man said, NVC will ask for proof of income tax return filed or written statements why the petitioner didn't file. If you cannot fulfill this, you will need to have joint sponsors. Good luck!

My situation is very difficult at this moment. I'm not having any relations with my family currently n friends can't be co-sponsors cuz they don't meet the requirement n some don't wanna do it. So I'm stressing out over this affidavit of support. No one is ready to help me. There was this guy who said he will help but ended up asking for money. So I decided that I will go ahead n use my husband's savings to meet the requirement since that's an option I can do.

I never filed tax returns while I was in USA cuz I was a full time student n my parents were supporting me at that time. I don't work now since I'm a house wife. So no option of filing for tax return if working abroad. This is a tough situation when u don't have a way out.

You guys say I really need a joint sponsor n I know I do but I did try my best n did everything to find one but no one is ready to help. I'm really stressing out n can't find anyone to help me.

Shama786, how do I get a bank account when I'm abroad ?? HSBC is international bank so I can use the money even if I'm over there or anywhere in the world.

Fyi pictures on paper are a great deal lighter than actual prints.

Also you can send the I-130 off and you will have months until the Affidavit of Support is required. So it would be best to hsve your name on thst bank account. You can do it with assets only. An alternative may be to use the Internet to open a bank acct and wire transfer the money there.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.