20 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

sorry for bringing up such an old thread, but i had a related question. and is in relation to a K-1 fiancee visa petition.

if my fiancee gets her vaccinations done (by doctors local to her home in russia) a few months prior to her consular medical exam (done hundreds of miles away from her home)... does that doctor transfer over the information that my fiancee already has, onto the DS3025? is there a fee involved?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Yes, one part of the doctor's job during the K-1 medical is to write down on the DS-3025 all the vaccinations done during your fiancee's lifetime (if proof documents are provided, for sure). So yes, depending on how much it costs in her country, it may be a good idea to have all the required vaccinations done before her K-1 medical.

There's a fee involved for the K-1 medical. Vaccinations completed are not a requirement to have the K-1 visa (as it's technically a non-immigrant visa), but they are when she will want to adjust her status once in the US. It is best to have all the vaccination requirements met at the time of the K-1 medical, so she won't have to see a civil surgeon in the US to have the missing vaccines given ($$$).

K-1 Visa Timeline AOS Timeline

- Aug 31st, 2011 - Mailed I-129F package - May 29th, 2012 - Mailed AOS/EAD/AP package

- Apr 13th, 2012 - Visa received - Aug 24th, 2012 - Green Card received

ROC Timeline

- May 19th, 2014 - Mailed ROC package to CSC

- Aug 8th, 2014 - Green Card received

N-400 Timeline

- Dec 29th, 2021 - Filed online. Got notice that biometrics will be reused.

- Now waiting...

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

awesome thanks,

yea, i told her to begin her vaccinations right away because some of them have 2 or 3 injection series. of course, there will be doctor's fees for that. we are also aware of the K-1 medical exam fee. not 100% sure on the DS3025 fee, i found on the forums people paid different prices so i wold like to know a threshold for the fee? like we should not pay more than(for example) $50 for 3025 or we are being cheated lol.

Edited by P A U L

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Filing in the DS-3025 is part of the K-1 medical. The doctor will include it in the sealed medical envelope. If he doesn't give her a copy, she would have to ask. She will need that copy, for her AOS paperwork.

K-1 Visa Timeline AOS Timeline

- Aug 31st, 2011 - Mailed I-129F package - May 29th, 2012 - Mailed AOS/EAD/AP package

- Apr 13th, 2012 - Visa received - Aug 24th, 2012 - Green Card received

ROC Timeline

- May 19th, 2014 - Mailed ROC package to CSC

- Aug 8th, 2014 - Green Card received

N-400 Timeline

- Dec 29th, 2021 - Filed online. Got notice that biometrics will be reused.

- Now waiting...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

awesome thanks,

yea, i told her to begin her vaccinations right away because some of them have 2 or 3 injection series. of course, there will be doctor's fees for that. we are also aware of the K-1 medical exam fee. not 100% sure on the DS3025 fee, i found on the forums people paid different prices so i wold like to know a threshold for the fee? like we should not pay more than(for example) $50 for 3025 or we are being cheated lol.

These are the vaccinations that will be required for AOS. It is dated 2009, but it is still up-to-date. She does not need to get every vaccination on the list. Some are not age appropriate and if she had chickenpox then she doesn't need the varicella either. http://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/exams/ti/civil/vaccination-civil-technical-instructions.html#tbl1

DS-3025 is given at the time of the K-1 medical. There is no charge for the form. It is just one of the forms the panel physicians fill out to complete the medical. The fees would come into play later if your DS-3025 was not properly filled out or you still needed vaccinations, THEN you would need to see a civil surgeon in the US and have them fill out an I-693. It can be difficult to find a civil surgeon that won't insist on another unnecessary medical or overcharge you. If she has all the required vaccinations for AOS at the time of her K-1 medical and they are marked off on her DS-3025 and it is all filled out properly, then she can skip finding a civil surgeon and just send in a copy of the DS-3025 with her AOS paperwork.

You can do a search here on VJ for more threads on this subject. There are plenty of posts about this all the time. Lots of them are recent and not 6 years old like this one you posted in. The I-693 form and vaccination requirements have changed. It is best to get information from more recent posts to be sure you get the most up-to-date accurate information.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.