Danno

It's happening: ABORTION ADS BANNED IN RUSSIA.

48 posts in this topic

Furthermore, we all know how much effect on smoking the ban on cigarette ads had in the US.

I bit off topic, but since you brought it up... the effect has been pretty phenomenal, compared to 10-15 years ago. I can now go into many clubs, restaurants, and other public buildings and breath freely. I first saw this in Germany, then again in California before it was very widespread. Glad it happened!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

It was you that said that the Soviets pushed abortions and that they took off as the Soviets collapsed. Did sports and academics and mass transportation also take off when the Soviet Union collapsed? How about communism? They were big on that, too. Did that take off following the collapse of the Soviet Union as well?

No it was weird, abortions, second hand shops and collecting returnable bottle thrived for some reason.

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

Timeline

That sounds like something the old Pravda would have published. However, one might ask how is it possible that the population in Russia is being decimated when there are thousands of abandoned kids in Russian orphanages waiting for western couples to adopt them.

Furthermore, we all know how much effect on smoking the ban on cigarette ads had in the US.

Last time anyone checked there is an excess of unwanted kids in Russia, which really hardly indicates a decline in population because of abortions.

However, it is easy to see how this useless piece of legislation would be heralded as breaking news by those who consider Putin a paragon of democracy. It's Orwellian at best.

http://en.ria.ru/analysis/20100630/159641732.html

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=9810880

Don't take this the wrong way but.....

I want you to go to this website and see how you do ... and let us know,

I am trying to determine if I am wasting my time answering your posts.

www.intelligencetest.com/

William Penn

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Don't take this the wrong way but.....

I want you to go to this website and see how you do ... and let us know,

I am trying to determine if I am wasting my time answering your posts.

www.intelligencetest.com/

Coming from the person who uses the incorrect amount of Ellipsis...

Gegel, doubt it's worth your time.

Edited by isbjorn

Timeline

ahhh what's Ellipsis...?

Is that like some salve you put on your scalp or something?

large-black-salve-500x500.jpg

William Penn

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

Not to mention that you may and up with a virus by going to some of these websites...

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

One post removed, upon the poster's request.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

guess it figures that i've read this whole thread and still don't know ####### 'it's happnening' is referring to.

Timeline

guess it figures that i've read this whole thread and still don't know ####### 'it's happnening' is referring to.

It refers to my prediction that Abortion... and then birth control is on the European horizon.

- I'm not claiming that it cures anything or that it will happen everywhere, but it will be an effort to reverse their plummeting demographic loss.

Especially after one or two countries fold because of it.

* The religious shall inherit the earth.

William Penn

It refers to my prediction that Abortion... and then birth control is on the European horizon.

- I'm not claiming that it cures anything or that it will happen everywhere, but it will be an effort to reverse their plummeting demographic loss.

ah yes, danno's 2014 predictions! i've been waiting on the edge of my seat!

so, one or two countries are going to fold because of abortion and or birth control and then the religious inherit the earth. oh boy danno, big win on the horizon huh?! first we end abortion commercials (if they'd ever hurry up and start we could end them, i mean) and then we make sure that absolutely no possible conception is ever interrupted again!

please continue to share these gems as they enter your psyche, danno.

Edited by val erie

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

It's anyone's guess really... Something was lost in translation, quite possibly...

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

This is pure madness. Even for you.

I bit off topic, but since you brought it up... the effect has been pretty phenomenal, compared to 10-15 years ago. I can now go into many clubs, restaurants, and other public buildings and breath freely. I first saw this in Germany, then again in California before it was very widespread. Glad it happened!

Wouldn't that be the result of indoor smoking bans, not the result of banning smoking in advertisements, though?

Met in person for the first time: April 23, 2011 in Docklands, London, UK
Engaged: October 29th, 2012 at the John Hancock Building in Chicago, US

Filed K-1 visa application: April 4, 2013
Received text/email notification: April 12, 2013
Received NOA1 in mail: April 17, 2013
Received NOA2 text/email: August 6th, 2013 (at 9:45pm!)

NVC received packet: August 30th, 2013

Beneficiary rcvd "Packet 3" instructions: September 13, 2013

Embassy rcvd completed "Packet 3": September 24, 2013

Police certificate rcvd: September 27, 2013

Medical Appointment: October 2, 2013

Medical Received at Embassy: October 17, 2013 (delay due to request for further info)

Embassy appointment/Visa Approved!!!: November 21st, 2013

VISA RECEIVED!!!: November 28th, 2013

Beneficiary Arrived!!!: December 5th, 2013

Married December 22nd, 2013

Filing to POE: 8 months, 1 day

Filed AoS application: April 5th, 2014

Received NOA1 in mail: April 11th, 2014 (no text/email)

Received NOA2 in mail: September 2nd, 2014 (still no text/email)

Separated: September 2015

Filed: Timeline

This is pure madness. Even for you.

Depends on what he means by 'fold'.

If a country enters a period of prolonged fiscal instability because of, say, a pension crisis, one could say that country has 'folded'.

Not enough young people, caused by a low birthrate, is a serious problem in much of the West. Not in the US, thankfully.

Not enough young people, caused by a low birthrate, is a serious problem in much of the West. Not in the US, thankfully.

cause by a low birthrate or extremely effective abortion commercials? do they run them during saturday morning cartoons?

wait, are there still saturday morning cartoons????

Edited by val erie