Danno

It's happening: ABORTION ADS BANNED IN RUSSIA.

48 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

cause by a low birthrate or extremely effective abortion commercials? do they run them during saturday morning cartoons?

wait, are there still saturday morning cartoons????

When a low birthrate in the native population causes fiscal instability, it will be very easy for the demagogues to point to abortion as a causing factor.

After all, abortion does prevent birth.

When a low birthrate in the native population causes fiscal instability, it will be very easy for the demagogues to point to abortion as a causing factor.

but does abortion prevent birth or do abortions ads prevent birth?

that, my dear mota, is the question.

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

That is true but so far the OP has been unable to make any cogent remarks on the issue that without legal abortion the number of orphans would be much larger that it already is, which disproves his notion that the population is in decline as a direct result of abortion ads. The question is whether Russia stands to benefit from having more unwanted babies crowding its orphanages...

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

That is true but so far the OP has been unable to make any cogent remarks on the issue that without legal abortion the number of orphans would be much larger that it already is, which disproves his notion that the population is in decline as a direct result of abortion ads. The question is whether Russia stands to benefit from having more unwanted babies crowding its orphanages...

The court of public opinion isn't anything like a court of law or a university debate society. Links do not have to be established, they can be merely hinted at during a time of crisis.

Timeline

The court of public opinion isn't anything like a court of law or a university debate society. Links do not have to be established, they can be merely hinted at during a time of crisis.

Which is precisely what negates any validity to the initial post anyway.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

ah yes, danno's 2014 predictions! i've been waiting on the edge of my seat!

so, one or two countries are going to fold because of abortion and or birth control and then the religious inherit the earth. oh boy danno, big win on the horizon huh?! first we end abortion commercials (if they'd ever hurry up and start we could end them, i mean) and then we make sure that absolutely no possible conception is ever interrupted again!

please continue to share these gems as they enter your psyche, danno.

Just because you are fun to mess with I will reply.

The objective to reading is comprehension.

-The "prediction" is not a 2014 prediction.

-No one claimed a country would fold "due to abortion." (or than a ban would save it)

-The news story is about advertising... not commercials.

-Religious people have a much higher birthrate, the non-religous are in a free fall.

canadian-abortion.jpg

googlead.png

IMG_3315.JPG

Abortion_02_42888c.jpg

dd927.jpg

41d3e95976b55aea32cf.jpeg

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

Timeline

Every atheist I know had religious parents. I don't know anyone well who had two atheist parents though, so I don't know how that works out.

I think you are suggesting, Atheism might spread by "enlightenment" faster than religion folks can grow the FAITHFUL, by birthrate.

Edited by Danno

William Penn

Timeline

Every atheist I know had religious parents. I don't know anyone well who had two atheist parents though, so I don't know how that works out.

Religious superstition has no impact on the subject.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

I think you are suggesting, Atheism might spread by "enlightenment" faster than religion folks can grow the FAITHFUL, by birthrate.

I am suggesting that the higher birthrate of the religious guarantees nothing because religiosity is not genetically passed down.

P.S. I tend to not think of atheism as particularly "enlightened". Claiming what can not be proven is dishonest, whether your lie is about the existence or non-existence of God.

Timeline

Claiming what can not be proven is dishonest, whether your lie is about the existence or non-existence of God.

Not really. That you can't prove I am not God, does not mean I am. You can't prove that which does not exist, thence the burden of proof residing on those who claim the existence of deities.

If what you propose were true, it follows that is is as dishonest to lie about the non-existence of Santa Claus, Elves or the Ester Bunny as that of any of the several gods that populate the pantheon of religious superstition.

Edited by Gegel

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Timeline

I am suggesting that the higher birthrate of the religious guarantees nothing because religiosity is not genetically passed down.

Sure one can bet on the visionary odds.

I tend to bet on what we know of man from history and what we see happening now.

There is this wrong assumption that Kids who grow up in Atheist homes ... embrace that.

Truth is they have kids who "go stray" as well.

reverts2.jpg

Many people who leave the "church" end up going back.

reverts.jpg

William Penn

Timeline

Defectors to faith mark a growing trend

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/opinion/columnists/defectors-to-faith-mark-a-growing-trend/story-e6frg7ko-1225710667095

Of course we must bear in mind this type of news is focused on the Western world, in most of the world Religion is firmly entrenched as it is (with china being an exception)

Edited by Danno

William Penn