ILvRaceHorses

no change at uscis after all

12 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I think since uscis was getting so many complaints about the processing time uscis transfered the files to buy some time so now our files are eating dust at different service centers :-(

Thats doesnt appear to be the case....we're late june filers...transferred to CSC late Nov, I130 approved 12/7, on our way to the NVC!!!

Timeline

Thats doesnt appear to be the case....we're late june filers...transferred to CSC late Nov, I130 approved 12/7, on our way to the NVC!!!

they seem to be working fast with the Philippines petitioners mainly due to the tyhoon.

You're beneficiary is from the Philippines. You're getting auto-expedited. I'm a March filer, transferred to NSC early Nov. And no word on my case yet. So yes, from my perspective, my case went from gathering dust at the NBC to gathering dust at the NSC.

3/25/2006 - Got Married

3/20/2013 - I130 Priority Date
11/6/2013 - Transferred to Nebraska
1/3/2014 - NOA2
1/6/2014 - Petition shipped to NVC
1/21/2014 - NVC Received
2/24/2014 - Case # & IIN
3/3/2014 - DS-261 Available and Submitted
3/4/2014 - AOS Fee Available and Submitted
3/5/2014 - AOS Fee Paid
3/6/2014 - Received AOS Coversheet and Payment Receipt
3/7/2014 - AOS Package Sent
3/10/2014 - NVC Receives AOS package
3/12/2014 - NVC Acknowledges receipt of AOS package
3/21/2014 - Triangle of Doom appears for IV package
3/24/2014 - IV Fee Available and Submitted
3/25/2014 - IV package overnighted to the NVC
3/26/2014 - IV Fee shows PAID
3/26/2014 - DS260 available & submitted
3/26/2014 - IV package delivered to NVC
3/26/2014 - False checklist for IV fee.
3/26/2014 - AOS documents accepted w/no checklists!
3/28/2014 - IV & DS260 logged into NVC System
4/10/2014 - Case Complete!

Interview Date: June 17, 2014

Approved at Interview!

POE Newark on 6/28/2014! He's finally home!

Got a pending I-130? Tired of waiting for something to happen? Let's make something happen: http://www.visajourn...ners-committee/

We need more Twitter followers:@USCI130Cmte

Join our Facebook Group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/USGreencardpetitionerscommittee/

Oh the overall numbers have changed, but the randomness of the process has not. There are transfers approaching the sixty-day mark, while others are on their way to the NVC in just a couple of weeks!

07/29/2014 - NOA1

11/19/2014 - Transfer to TSC

12/19/2014 - NOA2

01/15/2014 - NVC Received (TSC held it for 3 weeks...)

02/19/2014 - Case no. and IIN assigned; requested embassy change

02/27/2014 - DS-261 available and submitted

02/28/2014 - AOS available and paid

03/19/2014 - AOS mailed

03/27/2014 - AOS entered into system

03/24/2014 - New case no. assigned

03/25/2014 - IV fee invoiced and paid

03/28/2014 - IV package sent via FedEx

04/26/2014 - case complete

06/01/2014 - passed interview

Filed: IR-5 Country: India
Timeline

I think since uscis was getting so many complaints about the processing time uscis transfered the files to buy some time so now our files are eating dust at different service centers :-(

There is not much dust in the US..lol

Anyways the new procesing times is an outrage.

You're all wrong. Philippine expedites ONLY happened for those directly effected by the typhoon..not all Filippinos/Filippinas are being expedited. The rest of us are in the same line as everyone else. I.spent two years studying the government website, forms and processes and also studied immigration law books to make sure we did this correctly the first time. We didn't leave anything out of our petition that would cause them to send us an RFE. Perhaps we did just get lucky and the box our file was in got picked up and moved through on the right day by the right person. Keep in mind that the entire adjudication process takes all of 20min if everything is there and they have no reason to question the petition. To.answer the other question....my spouse is a Philippine National living in Japan. He could live on the moon but he's still Filippino, however he has permanent residency in Japan AND thats where we were married....so his visa is issued in Japan once it goes through all the hoops. Kapish? :)

Timeline

Oh the overall numbers have changed, but the randomness of the process has not. There are transfers approaching the sixty-day mark, while others are on their way to the NVC in just a couple of weeks!

I get the same impression too. But it is really hard for March and April filers to see May, June, and July ... and even November get approved!!

Yeah I dont understand the ordering of things. I try to keep in perspective that the folks on VJ are a small population of folks waiting for petitions to be approved. There are over 500k petitions out there waiting to go through. I'm wondering if ours got moved sooner because of the congressional inquiry we had done (altho the USCIS told them the exact same information we could see online ourselves), but our congressman told them they would follow up by May if nothing had happened (May would have been our 11th month of waiting so they appear to have just given them that date based on standard projected.processing times). Now....I called the NVC last week at 10days out since the NOA2 was issued....NVC said they didnt have the file yet and that it can take up to two weeks to get to them....and now its the Holidays....US Govt offices, embassies and consulates will start closing down early for the next two weeks.

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

..my spouse is a Philippine National living in Japan. He could live on the moon but he's still Filippino, however he has permanent residency in Japan AND thats where we were married....so his visa is issued in Japan once it goes through all the hoops. Kapish? smile.png

I don't think so.

The embassy has to be the country that the Passport belongs to.

I might be wrong. You might want to ask a lawyer to get a confirmation (my two cents).

I don't think so.

The embassy has to be the country that the Passport belongs to.

I might be wrong. You might want to ask a lawyer to get a confirmation (my two cents).

You are wrong. It is where the beneficiary is living as long as they're living there legally. (Aka are a permanent resident of that country or on a valid work or student visa at the time of interview.)

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.