Spruu

Visiting US for second time under VWP

67 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Portugal
Timeline

In addition, there was likely an I 275 produced and sent to our embassy that may contain other info or details that weakened your b2 application even further.

So basically I'm flagged in the system just because I only have the intention of visiting my boyfriend and his family. I wanted to celebrate both his birthday and mine with him and apparently the CO believes I want to go to the US for something more than visiting.

Filling up form with information about me and send to the embassy that may contain other information or details, information or details that I do not know about that weakens my case? I'm sorry but I find this quite unfair for someone that only has the purpose of -visitng- the US.

Yes I'm aware that a lot of people take advantage over visas and end up staying in the US and all that but I am not that case. While I'm sitting here quite frustrated for not spending a couple of months with my boyfriend, there's someone out there with a B2 visa and with the actual intent of staying there.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Cutting to the end, you will not be visiting the US anytime soon so you need to plan accordingly.

With your upcoming job commitments your BF will be doing the travelling. Actually he would be doing that without the visa denial.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Timeline

It is possible there is some information 'in the system' from your boarding denial that weakened your case...yes, thanks to countless thousands who have 'chznged their minds' moments after baggage claim, others pay the price...how many times would you imagine our border officials have heard the same stories, but then found out they were lied to later? Yep....numerous times...that is why I believe we (USA) should do away with AOS, COS and eliminate all waivers, in order to force irresponsible types to actually be responsible travelers.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

Bottom line... They felt that (because of your circumstances combined with the past actions of many before you who adjusted status from VWP) you are a major risk to not return and to stay in the USA. Being that was not your intent, I am sorry you have to suffer the consequences. You can reapply, it only costs money, but I would,not make any plans in the near future to visit the USA as you have an uphill battle... I would see if your BF can come to visit you, you both meet n a 3rd country or you take the next step towards a committed relationship (aka marriage). I know this process seems unfair and heartless and how much it sucks that you are going through it... Cross border relationships are never easy!

10/14/2000 - Met Aboard a Cruise ship

06/14/2003 - Married Savona Italy

I-130

03/21/2009 - I-130 Mailed to Chicago lockbox

11-30-09: GOT GREEN CARD in mail!!!!!!

Citizenship Process;

1/11/2013: Mailed N400 to Dallas Texas

3/11/2013: interview.. Approved

4/4/2013. : Oath! Now a U.S. citizen!

It is possible there is some information 'in the system' from your boarding denial that weakened your case...yes, thanks to countless thousands who have 'chznged their minds' moments after baggage claim, others pay the price...how many times would you imagine our border officials have heard the same stories, but then found out they were lied to later? Yep....numerous times...that is why I believe we (USA) should do away with AOS, COS and eliminate all waivers, in order to force irresponsible types to actually be responsible travelers.

AOS is not the main thing they are looking to stop. The more prevalent issue is simple overstayers. This is a family board so people get too caught up in the "AOS issue." If you read the thread she was denied because they thought she would work illegally.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I doubt if AoS is much of an issue with visitor Visa and VWP refusals.

The exception maybe involving third world countries with an Immigrant Visa in process.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.