Vicmvarela

Mailing to fiancé in Russia

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Hi, anyone have experience mailing documents to Russia? I'll have to sen my noa2 step 2 soon. I have mailed things before through USPS and while it's fine leaving the country, it isn't very reliable on their end. Ups is extremely expensive. It would have been $300 to ship my gift to her. And I hear dhl in this area is closed. :( anyone help?

Hi, anyone have experience mailing documents to Russia? I'll have to sen my noa2 step 2 soon. I have mailed things before through USPS and while it's fine leaving the country, it isn't very reliable on their end. Ups is extremely expensive. It would have been $300 to ship my gift to her. And I hear dhl in this area is closed. sad.png anyone help?

You are faced with the age old problem that if it is cheap it may not arrive and to guarantee that it arrives costs some coin. I sent the documents to my then fiancée via FedEx at the cost of $100 each way. I sent a small gift to the tune of $300. Do you want it to pass customs? This process is expensive and you need to decide what's important. For a few hundred dollars more, you could fly to Russia and deliver the package in person with the added benefit of seeing her again. Airfare to Kazakhstan is around $2,200, so I opted for FedEx at $100. Just remember that the adjustment of status (AOS) is $1070 after you get married in the US--to put things into perspective.

Good luck,

Dave

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Why do you say DHL is closed in there? My boyfriend had sent me the same paper :) and a lot of financial docs via DHL, and I picked it up 2 days later. As far as I know he had to pay something like $100 for express-delivery from NYC to Moscow.

I believe it is much better to pay more and be sure everything will be delivered in time than to rely on Russian Post.

Have you ever heard of the Russian Roulette game? Well, sending such an important paper as NOA2 using a standart russian postal service is something like that, but with a 98% of failure. I would say it is a 100% but I have heard that someone somewhere received something from them, and it that was not stolen/broken/damaged/etc. Maybe it's just folks, but let me believe a miracle could happen.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Scan it and e-mail it, or use DHL.

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

• 3 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.