Niblet

Niblet just got hitched to his Pinay!!

169 posts in this topic

the honey moon was back at the house. My mom is visiting so I had to keep the noise down

for a visual just think 300 pound whale on 110 pound little pinay

quite scary actually,,,,

So romantic...but didn't need the visual.

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

the honey moon was back at the house. My mom is visiting so I had to keep the noise down

for a visual just think 300 pound whale on 110 pound little pinay

quite scary actually,,,,

Damn. Gotta go get drunk and erase that visual from my brain. ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!

LOL

Filed: Timeline

One of the FilAm couples we met after my wife arrived and was friends with a lifelong friend of mine that also married Pinay, was an older, balding gentleman, at least 300 lbs, and a young girl, even smaller than my wife, I would say about 4 foot 8 and 80 lbs. She was a very obedient and loving wife, although he was too fat to even perform the marital act, if he could even get it up. Well, although she confided to my wife they never, ever had sex... well, they say if you can't cut the mustard, you can at least lick the jar, and she did look tasty. After she became a USC, she left him and hooked up with some rich Mexican looking to become a citizen himself that offered to buy her a house. She got the house, I don't know what happened after that.

One of the FilAm couples we met after my wife arrived and was friends with a lifelong friend of mine that also married Pinay, was an older, balding gentleman, at least 300 lbs, and a young girl, even smaller than my wife, I would say about 4 foot 8 and 80 lbs. She was a very obedient and loving wife, although he was too fat to even perform the marital act, if he could even get it up. Well, although she confided to my wife they never, ever had sex... well, they say if you can't cut the mustard, you can at least lick the jar, and she did look tasty. After she became a USC, she left him and hooked up with some rich Mexican looking to become a citizen himself that offered to buy her a house. She got the house, I don't know what happened after that.

Well if they guy wasnt smart enough to see it coming,,,,then he had it coming,,IMHO,,,why would you marry if you couldnt perform the "act"??

I have no issues in that area and have had no complaints.

"Never Argue with an idiot, he will only bring you down to his level"

K1 Visa Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Manila, Philippines

I-129F Sent :

I-129F NOA1 : 2013-03-20

I-129F NOA2 : 2013-07-28

Interview Date : 19 AUG 2013 cancelled due to flooding Sept 11 2013

Interview Result : Approved!

Visa Received : 18 Sept

US Entry : 26 Sept 2013

Estimates/Stats : Your I-129f was approved in 130 days from your NOA1 date.

Married 12-15-2013!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AOS- When I get the cash for it

A guy shouldnt have to go through all this hassle to bring a girl over

Filed: Timeline

I don't think he had much to complain about. She was a sweet little thing. He rescued her from some Hong Kong housekeeper job, and she took care of him for three or four years in return. He didn't seem to be too surprised at the end. He was on his way to a heart attack before she met him, and she probably gave him a reason to live for at least a few years. Don't know what ever happened to him once they divorced, but he did not have a lot to begin with, living in a mobile home he rented.

There will be no impact on receiving her EAD/AP or green card, by waiting a bit. Even those that wait a long time, just explain they didn't have the money, and its all good. But we're talking people waiting over a year. Some wait so long, they push it so long they ten year green card and avoid removal of conditions. Problem is she can't work, can't drive, can't get an ID etc... Even reporting the marriage to the Philippine consulate and they want to see a copy of the EAD or green card.

Its too late to file after the divorce. Or if she does get checked by ICE and brought before a judge, its too late after the judge's final date goes by.

Cary, you really can't be putting out bad info like this...

There is no timeframe listed anywhere that I can find. In fact, I have read on other sites that some put off filing AOS on purpose to avoid the 2+1 year GC, and go straight for the 10-year GC. It's financially a LITTLE BIT cheaper to do it this way. And while waiting, the foreign spouse can't work. Period. That is all. She can drive, she can get an ID, she can get a bank account. And reporting marriage does NOT require an EAD or GC. Why? Cuz we reported ours before we filed for AOS. We also got her new passport in maiden name at the same time.

Just like I asked aaron2020 to do, show me one documented case where an out-of-status K1'er got deported. Cuz when I emailed USCIS about it in our situation, an agent explained to a DMV employee that my wife is out of status, but that it's a legal status for her as a K1. She never said anything about "hurry up and file AOS or we will send her back".

Also, IIRC, Hank's wife went in and out of ICE checkpoints just fine after I-94 and prior to AOS. Hope he pipes in to either dispel this or to dispel your claim above of a person having problems in that scenario.

Sorry man, but that is how vicious (and untrue) rumors spread here. Like wildfire. Gotta keep the facts straight.

Edited by DavenRoxy

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

How does one get a drivers license/ID and then drive without a greencard or SSN? I assume international travel is also out in this situation?

Edited by OnMyWayID

I don't believe it.. Prove it to me and I still won't believe it. -Ford Prefect

How does one get a drivers license/ID and then drive without a greencard or SSN? I assume international travel is also out in this situation?

You go to your DMV and apply for one. Some states will insist you do so before the I-94 expires.

And I never said without SSN. But you can get an SSN within days of arrival in the US. Typically around day 7.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

You go to your DMV and apply for one. Some states will insist you do so before the I-94 expires.

And I never said without SSN. But you can get an SSN within days of arrival in the US. Typically around day 7.

Hmm.. Looking at my states requirements... two forms of primary documents are required.. I guess there are two on the list a non-resident could have..

Primary documents verify your age and identity, and must contain your full legal name and date of birth. These documents must be verifiable as authentic (the examiner must be able to contact the issuing agency to determine authenticity). The following are examples of primary documents:

Out of state driver’s license or ID card (with a photo) not expired for five years or more.

Idaho driver’s license or ID card not expired for five years or more.

Original naturalization/citizenship document.

Certified original birth certificate or certified abstract.

Valid Immigration and Naturalization card from the Department of Homeland Security (DHS).

U.S. military photo identification card.

U.S. passport or passport card

Valid Foreign passport with a valid U.S. VISA.

Idaho concealed weapons permit not expired for one year or more.

Veteran’s Universal Access Card with photo.

Native American ID card with photo.

Edited by OnMyWayID

I don't believe it.. Prove it to me and I still won't believe it. -Ford Prefect

Hmm.. Looking at my states requirements... two forms of primary documents are required.. I guess there are two on the list a non-resident could have..

Primary documents verify your age and identity, and must contain your full legal name and date of birth. These documents must be verifiable as authentic (the examiner must be able to contact the issuing agency to determine authenticity). The following are examples of primary documents:

Out of state driver’s license or ID card (with a photo) not expired for five years or more.

Idaho driver’s license or ID card not expired for five years or more.

Original naturalization/citizenship document.

Certified original birth certificate or certified abstract.

Valid Immigration and Naturalization card from the Department of Homeland Security (DHS).

U.S. military photo identification card.

U.S. passport or passport card

Valid Foreign passport with a valid U.S. VISA.

Idaho concealed weapons permit not expired for one year or more.

Veteran’s Universal Access Card with photo.

Native American ID card with photo.

That second blue one was what got us in a bind... When we tried to show the visa, the DMV said it was expired (only good for POE), and her I-94 was 95 days old, so it too was expired. Got USCIS involved, they confirmed via email to the DMV that being out of status for a K1 was still a LEGAL status, but the DMV wouldn't budge. We had to wait to get a DL until we had a GC. But when we got our NOA for filing AOS, I took it back to the DMV and convinced the manager that we had filed, it was only a matter of time. They let her get her DL.

So don't delay, is my advice.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I don't think he had much to complain about. She was a sweet little thing. He rescued her from some Hong Kong housekeeper job, and she took care of him for three or four years in return. He didn't seem to be too surprised at the end. He was on his way to a heart attack before she met him, and she probably gave him a reason to live for at least a few years. Don't know what ever happened to him once they divorced, but he did not have a lot to begin with, living in a mobile home he rented.

eh - Niblet's on his 4th Pinay, so I'm really stumped why he not know about the AOS filing requirements.

<EOM>

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

eh - Niblet's on his 4th Pinay, so I'm really stumped why he not know about the AOS filing requirements.

<EOM>

I told you I was just joking na lang

my wife got her state ID today as well...in her new name as mrs Niblet :)

"Never Argue with an idiot, he will only bring you down to his level"

K1 Visa Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Manila, Philippines

I-129F Sent :

I-129F NOA1 : 2013-03-20

I-129F NOA2 : 2013-07-28

Interview Date : 19 AUG 2013 cancelled due to flooding Sept 11 2013

Interview Result : Approved!

Visa Received : 18 Sept

US Entry : 26 Sept 2013

Estimates/Stats : Your I-129f was approved in 130 days from your NOA1 date.

Married 12-15-2013!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AOS- When I get the cash for it

A guy shouldnt have to go through all this hassle to bring a girl over

I told you I was just joking na lang

my wife got her state ID today as well...in her new name as mrs Niblet smile.png

It's joke lang, not joke na lang. Get with the program, Mister!!

Why state ID, and not driving permit? Don't let her sit around and get stale over here, get her ready to work (or at least be able to run down to the store and buy your beers for ya!)

Cary, you really can't be putting out bad info like this...

There is no timeframe listed anywhere that I can find. In fact, I have read on other sites that some put off filing AOS on purpose to avoid the 2+1 year GC, and go straight for the 10-year GC. It's financially a LITTLE BIT cheaper to do it this way. And while waiting, the foreign spouse can't work. Period. That is all. She can drive, she can get an ID, she can get a bank account. And reporting marriage does NOT require an EAD or GC. Why? Cuz we reported ours before we filed for AOS. We also got her new passport in maiden name at the same time.

Just like I asked aaron2020 to do, show me one documented case where an out-of-status K1'er got deported. Cuz when I emailed USCIS about it in our situation, an agent explained to a DMV employee that my wife is out of status, but that it's a legal status for her as a K1. She never said anything about "hurry up and file AOS or we will send her back".

Also, IIRC, Hank's wife went in and out of ICE checkpoints just fine after I-94 and prior to AOS. Hope he pipes in to either dispel this or to dispel your claim above of a person having problems in that scenario.

Sorry man, but that is how vicious (and untrue) rumors spread here. Like wildfire. Gotta keep the facts straight.

The majority of states will no longer give a state ID or drivers license unless the applicant proves legal status through at least an EAD and for some states a green card. There are a few states that do not check, but not that many any longer.

After the I-94 expires, what status does the K-1 visa entrant hold? Do they have an unexpired visa or unexpired I-94? Do they have a green card? Are they legally here awaiting adjudication of an application? Since you're so sure the K-1 can not be picked up, what legal status do they have to currently be in the country?

And since you want to know of a case where the k-1 was deported for waiting too long, here's a link to a case.

http://k1visaexperts.com/visa-to-usa/how-to-avoid-k1-visa-and-green-card-immigration-issues-avoid-uscis-deportation/

They had even applied for the green card at the point she was deported, but it was too late as they let it go so long she was already ordered to leave. This may not be a common occurrence, and many people wait with no issue at all, but that does not give the K-1 legal status in the USA once the I-94 expires. At least until they actually apply for the green card.

Edited by Caryh

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.