Azsara

December 2013 AOS Filers

572 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hi Tradewind! I believe my case was transferred to San Bernardino local office as well. We have relatively the same timeline as to I-485. My status changed to Testing and Interview on Feb.6, no other updates since then and still waiting for our interview date. Based on their processing time information, they're working on August 2013 cases now. The last time I checked in Feb, this was July 21 for the I-485. The fact that it's moving somehow gives me a sigh of relief..

attachicon.gifcapture.png

Hello Jer and Jan,

My case is still with National Benefits Center . I put San Bernardino because we live close and I assume it will be there. Did they actually send you a notice that it was transferred there to San Bernardino? I was thinking they would send me a notice but they have not. For us S Bermardino is a short drive away. Good luck

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello fellow December filers! I received my EAD. March 19th the same day as my AOS interview....I was nervous at first and my husband who is a veteran military was calm as calm can be...I hate interviews as I get anxious. Our lawyer was there and said we looked very confident and said there shouldn't be problem as he has done so many cases and is at the USCIS 5-6 times per week and he had basically dealt with most of the officers and knew most of the staff there.

We arrived 15 mins early as our appointment was at 1pm. They seemed busy and were backed up so we weren't called in until 135pm.

Our lawyer hoped that we got a nice officer and will make the adjustment painless and quick. When we saw her...she did not smile when she greeted us and we all felt the tension. My lawyer looked at me and have me a look that said he did not recognize this one. I panicked inside but remained calm and smiled.

First of all when we got to the room, we were sworn in and it seemed that everything was okay. Then then problems started....she took her trash can and immediately instructed us to throw our gum out...she made us feel like were in elementary school...

we sat down and for the first 20 mins she looked over our application and all we heard were thebflipping of the pages and her checking off her list and clicking on the mouse. She hardly looked at us and we felt as if she did not acknowledge us. Our lawyer looked at me with concern but reassured me with a smile all will be fine.

She then took my passport and asked where all my stamps were as the pages were blank except for the TN Visa that was stapled to it. I did not bring it with me as I had accidentally left it in our office at home.I had a feeling that this was going to get difficult. My lawyer said, its ok..when I told him I did not have it and she scolded him for saying it was ok and she shouted...NO! That is not ok! And thats when her meaness and entrapment began.

I came into the US in 2001 from Canada on a TN visa which I renewed yearly until we decided that 2013 was going to be the last year of us applying for a TN visa and to change my status.

12 years later and 3 US born children and married to a US citizen born and raised in Oklahoma. Our marriage was of course bonafide...she had scene all the pictures and documentation to prove it. Petition for I 130 was approved! Yay!

Tha AOS was a different story. This officer was loud, rude and very scattered with her questions and I got to the point where she confused me and my husband including the lawyer! She focused on the years 2007-2010 when I was a stay at home mother pretty much the years of when our youngest was born. But in those years we went home to Canada on holidays and summer. When you drive across the Canadian border in most cases your passyour passport is not stamped. But since I did not bring the old passport to see them she had requested them for further evidence. So that's where I stand right now...I have to submit before she approve anything. I really don't know why she needed to see them. Our lawyer said in private after the meeting that this was the most intimidating and terrifying interview he had ever attended in all his career as a lawyer. The officer was biligerant, intimidating and indirectly threatening us as she told us that she had just denied a man and can't come to thebUS for 5 years!!

At the end of the interview, I smiled at her and thanked her for her time and I held out my hand to shake hers.

So I wish that I had better news...but no...more waiting again.:-(

Hello Jer and Jan,

My case is still with National Benefits Center . I put San Bernardino because we live close and I assume it will be there. Did they actually send you a notice that it was transferred there to San Bernardino? I was thinking they would send me a notice but they have not. For us S Bermardino is a short drive away. Good luck

Actually I also just assumed this local office will process our case, being the closest to where we live. I did my biometrics in Pomona though. No notice for me likewise. I guess we just need to wait 'til it reflects in our case status or they send us any notification. Thanks and good luck to you too! smile.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hello fellow December filers! I received my EAD. March 19th the same day as my AOS interview....I was nervous at first and my husband who is a veteran military was calm as calm can be...I hate interviews as I get anxious. Our lawyer was there and said we looked very confident and said there shouldn't be problem as he has done so many cases and is at the USCIS 5-6 times per week and he had basically dealt with most of the officers and knew most of the staff there.

We arrived 15 mins early as our appointment was at 1pm. They seemed busy and were backed up so we weren't called in until 135pm.

Our lawyer hoped that we got a nice officer and will make the adjustment painless and quick. When we saw her...she did not smile when she greeted us and we all felt the tension. My lawyer looked at me and have me a look that said he did not recognize this one. I panicked inside but remained calm and smiled.

First of all when we got to the room, we were sworn in and it seemed that everything was okay. Then then problems started....she took her trash can and immediately instructed us to throw our gum out...she made us feel like were in elementary school...

we sat down and for the first 20 mins she looked over our application and all we heard were thebflipping of the pages and her checking off her list and clicking on the mouse. She hardly looked at us and we felt as if she did not acknowledge us. Our lawyer looked at me with concern but reassured me with a smile all will be fine.

She then took my passport and asked where all my stamps were as the pages were blank except for the TN Visa that was stapled to it. I did not bring it with me as I had accidentally left it in our office at home.I had a feeling that this was going to get difficult. My lawyer said, its ok..when I told him I did not have it and she scolded him for saying it was ok and she shouted...NO! That is not ok! And thats when her meaness and entrapment began.

I came into the US in 2001 from Canada on a TN visa which I renewed yearly until we decided that 2013 was going to be the last year of us applying for a TN visa and to change my status.

12 years later and 3 US born children and married to a US citizen born and raised in Oklahoma. Our marriage was of course bonafide...she had scene all the pictures and documentation to prove it. Petition for I 130 was approved! Yay!

Tha AOS was a different story. This officer was loud, rude and very scattered with her questions and I got to the point where she confused me and my husband including the lawyer! She focused on the years 2007-2010 when I was a stay at home mother pretty much the years of when our youngest was born. But in those years we went home to Canada on holidays and summer. When you drive across the Canadian border in most cases your passyour passport is not stamped. But since I did not bring the old passport to see them she had requested them for further evidence. So that's where I stand right now...I have to submit before she approve anything. I really don't know why she needed to see them. Our lawyer said in private after the meeting that this was the most intimidating and terrifying interview he had ever attended in all his career as a lawyer. The officer was biligerant, intimidating and indirectly threatening us as she told us that she had just denied a man and can't come to thebUS for 5 years!!

At the end of the interview, I smiled at her and thanked her for her time and I held out my hand to shake hers.

So I wish that I had better news...but no...more waiting again.:-(

Hi! I am sorry you had an unpleasant interview. Sent the evidence she requested ASAP. That should be all she needs to approve. If for some weird reason she deny, then they will state the reason of denial and you can always appeal :)

12.09.2013 - AOS packet sent
12.12.2013 - NOA's Priority Date
12.21.2013 - Received 3 NOA's by mail
12.26.2013 - NOA for Biometrics appointment. Date set for 01.10.2014
01.10.2014 - Biometrics appointment
01.16.2014 - USCIS requested more docs
01.20.2014 - Requested docs were sent by lawyer
01.28.2014 - Received txt/email notication that the case is under 'Response Review'
02.15.2014 - EAD card production ordered
02.24.2014 - EAD card was mailed out of KY

02.25.2014 - I-485 status online changed to "testing & interview"

02.27.2014 - EAD card RECEIVED

05.07.2014 - I-485 status showing the interview date updated - Interview on June 12, 2014
(day ) - Received NOA about the interview appointment on
(day ) - Interview @ SLC
(day ) - I-485 Approved
(day ) - Green Card Received

Timeline

Thanks BeMerry...it was such an awful experience...amazing how I have been a contributor/taxpayer to the US since 2001& we made sure we crossed our t's and dotted our i's. My husband served in the Army for this great country and I was made to feel like I did something wrong...yes...we sent off the passports and hoping to put this behind us. I still have family ties in Canada as I have 2 older boys from my previous marriage....the officer was such a b!#@$....excuse my language...her cell phone was on vibrate and was going off while we were in her office..just rude...I entered this country legally and I did not do anything wrong.....we both work for the government helping our veterans...this has left me with such disappointment and sadness...I just pray all will work out.

@RNtraveler71

just out of curiosity what local center was your interview at ?

Also since you had the lawyer with you I assume s/he were tele-typing everything ? they could have used that info and stopped the interview at anytime asking for her supervisor the moment the threats/intimidation started. I have been working for a state entity as a contractor for more than a year now and even the employees can't use any such threat/intimidation technique or they risk severe repercussions.

As BeMerry stated just send out copies whatever she needs and hope all will be fine.

8/13/2008 - F-1 Visa (POE: JFK)

5/11/2010 - Graduated

7/10/2010 - OPT Granted

7/10/2011 - OPT Extn.

8/2011 - Became friends

3/10/2012 - First date

3/17/2012 - Officially dating wub.png

4/28/2012 - Employer applied for H1B

8/1/2012 - RFE for H1B

9/1/2012 - RFE response sent(and changed to premium process)

9/15/2012 - H1B Granted

9/17/2013 - Got Married dancin5hr.gifkicking.gif

11/27/2013 - AOS papers sent

12/5/2013 - AOS papers received {Day 1}

12/10/2013 - NOA1 received for I-130, I-485 and I-765 {Day 5}

12/18/2013 - Biometrics appointment received {Day 13}

1/3/2014 - Biometrics done {Day 29}

1/14/2014 - NOA2 for interview set on 2/19/2014 {Day 40}

2/15/2014 - EAD Approved {Day 72}

2/19/2014 - Interview done waiting for approval {Day 76}

3/3/2014 - GC Approved!!!! (Card Production Ordered!!!) dancin5hr.gif {Day 88}

2/1/2016 - I-751 sent (ROC)

2/3/2016 - I-751 received/NOA1 letter sent

3/10/2016 - Biometrics done

8/15/2016 - I-751/ROC approved. Card being produced.

Timeline

@stanos86...the interview was in Phoenix...my lawyer was quite dumbfounded as well....he was there to represent me...she specifically told him not to interrupt while she questioned me unless she spoke to him. She basically accused him of prompting me. What would have happened if I needed an interpretor...I just found the whole experience a complete turn off. She was throwing her power around. This woman was just plain mean...I basically just smiled, I was pleasant and I think it bothered her that even as she was interrogating me, I still stood strong and remained calm.

My lawyer is handling the situation as he is part of the committee there for immigration lawyers. I am hoping that everything will fall into place soon.

She was throwing her power around. This woman was just plain mean...I basically just smiled, I was pleasant and I think it bothered her that even as she was interrogating me, I still stood strong and remained calm.

lol...you hit the nail right on the head :thumbs:...my guess is after you send the docs she needs your gonna be approved :) ...I have been in a job interview where they conduct - "stress interview" but was aware this is a possibility with uscis too...

5/11/2010 - Graduated

7/10/2010 - OPT Granted

7/10/2011 - OPT Extn.

8/2011 - Became friends

3/10/2012 - First date

8/1/2012 - RFE for H1B

9/15/2012 - H1B Granted

correction - not aware about this with uscis too

5/11/2010 - Graduated

7/10/2010 - OPT Granted

7/10/2011 - OPT Extn.

8/2011 - Became friends

3/10/2012 - First date

8/1/2012 - RFE for H1B

9/15/2012 - H1B Granted

Timeline

LOL...thanks stanos86! Yes...this woman was a trip! Anyways, this so called "stress interview" was nothing. As an RN I have been under more pressure and stress than what she threw at me. LOL! Passports have been sent and it is in her court now. Pretty much waiting again...

How do I find out where my local AOS processing center is? If it starts out at the national benefits center, does it always get sent out to a field office?

Go here: http://www.uscis.gov/about-us/find-uscis-office/field-offices

Click on your state that you live in and it will tell you what your local field office is. Sometimes the field office is different from where you had your biometrics done, so be sure to check that. For instance, our biometrics were done in Nashville (because that's where we live), but the actual field office for the interview is in Memphis (that field office covers all of the state of Tennessee plus some of Arkansas and Mississippi). I'm sure not every state is like this, but it's worth noting.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

If you have an interview it's with your field office (probably in the same one you had biometrics taken). No interview means NBC.

I was wondering the same thing. I know that my file is at Lee's Summit, MO since Dec 6,2013 - I have received neither the Interview Waiver nor an invitation for an interview so far. What does that mean? Is my file in a huge pile rotting away?

I hate waiting... Although I have my EAD and AP and can basically do whatever I want I just want to have my GC in my hands and be free from USCIS for a little while ;)

Nov 30th 2012.....Filed Petition I-129F

Dec 6th 2012.......NOA1 (VSC)

May 29th 2013.....File got transferred to TSC

June 18th 2013....NOA2 (after 196 days!!!)

July 9th 2013.......Case is sent to NVC

July 18th 2013.....Medical in Munich

Aug 28th 2013.....Interview in FRN - Approved!

Aug 30th 2013.....Visa in mail!

Sep 13th 2013.....POE Boston

Nov 12th 2013.....Wedding in Old City Hall, Boston

Dec 02nd 2013....Sent AOS package

Dec 04th 2013.....Package received

Jan 02nd 2014.....Requested expedite for EAD due to severe financial loss (pending job offer)
Jan 06th 2014......Biometrics Appointment
Jan 07th 2014......EAD/AP Combo Card in production
Jan 13th 2014......Combo Card received in mail
Mar 12th 2014.....Potential Interview Waiver Letter
Apr 23rd 2014......Status update to "Card Production"
Apr 25th 2014......Status update to "Decision"
Apr 28th 2014......Welcome Letter arrived
May 3rd 2014.......Green Card arrived

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.