pinkytoes

N400 interview with I751 pending

14 posts in this topic

So here's my story. I had a tourist visa since I was a baby, while in college enrolled in an exchange program that required a student visa, met my current husband while I was attending school and we got married in March 2010 in our home country (he's a naturalized us citizen). Filed for AOS around august 2010 and got the conditional green card in nov of that year. We filed for ROC in october 2012, went for the biometrics and got a RFE in May of 2013, we replied in June 2013 and still no 10 year green card. After several calls, in september I found out we where randomly selected for an interview. Before that, around mid august the window to apply for citizenship opened, and since I've read here that sometimes it helps expedite the I751 I filed for it.

Now I have the interview for citizenship on Dec 9, but still no word on the I751, my husband took the day off and it's going with me that day, but I'm wondering what should I expect? I've heard that most likely they've already approved my I751 and will just do the N400 interview or that they might do both things at the same time. What should I take with me? I got all my passports since I was 8 years old (my mom can't find the other ones), recently dated proofs of life and car insurance, bank statements from august until now (already sent prev months with the applications), car title with both names, pictures of vacations and the itinerary for our Christmas trip overseas.

Am I missing something? Any advice? Thanks in advance!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Tunisia
Timeline

It depends on the officer, and the office they might do you're n400 and your I 751 together. There is application a person who was in your same situation, he is a US citizen and ROC still pending lol. Good luck

Be ready for both interviews. Take documents with you and your husband as well.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Still the same old story with extended I-751 processing, wife's one year extension was about to expire so we had to make an infopass appointment for an I-551 foreign passport so she could work and travel.

We presented this information for the N-400, expired green card, one year extension notice, and that I-551, maybe that expedited her ten year green card, finally received it just days before her interview, only to give it back. But others on this board never received their ten year green card. But with that certificate, don't need it anymore.

Assume they will have to deal with I-751 first and then with N400. What you're planning to bring is exactly what I'd expect them to ask for.

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Had the interview today, the officer was very nice. He processed the i751 first, then proceeded with the N400. Very few questions asked, my husband was there but he didn't ask him to be in the interview room. Took the Oath there too.

The process took the whole day. We got there around 10 am and the interview was scheduled for 10.30am, but The officer called me in at 3pm, then the Oath at 4.30pm, we left a little bit past 5pm.

I'm so happy I'm done with inmigration !!!

I wish a lot of luck, and please tell us how you did on your interview

I'm now an US citizen !! Thanks !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Congrats! Hopefully i will get my interview date soon, Thats great you got a same day oath.

Removal of Conditions I-751 NOA = July 23, 2012BIO = August 23, 2012RFE = March 28, 2013RFE Sent = April 5, 2013Service Request = June 5, 2013Service Request = August 5, 2013Info Pass = August 15, 2013I-751 Interview = November 21, 2013Production of New Card = December 5, 2013Card Shipped = December 10, 2013Card Received = December 14, 2013Naturalization N-400Sent = September 12, 2013Received = September 19, 2013Notice Date = September 23, 2013BIO = October 21, 2013 In-Line = January 28, 2014Interview = March 6, 2014<p>Oath = April 25, 2014

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Hey congrats!

I was looking for answer and I found it.
I filled I-751 on february 1/13 and I was select for an interview but I'm still waiting appointment, a few days ago I called USCIS again and i got the same answer: I need to be patience and wait for.
I asked the level 2 officer what I need to do because my window for naturalization will open on December 30, he didn't answer, the only advice he gave me was if I filled N-400 could be delayed until for the approval I-751.

Reading your experience, I'll apply in early January.

an1cHjz0g410010M2xzfDEwMDA5OThzYXxMaXZpb

Timeline

Hey congrats!

I was looking for answer and I found it.

I filled I-751 on february 1/13 and I was select for an interview but I'm still waiting appointment, a few days ago I called USCIS again and i got the same answer: I need to be patience and wait for.

I asked the level 2 officer what I need to do because my window for naturalization will open on December 30, he didn't answer, the only advice he gave me was if I filled N-400 could be delayed until for the approval I-751.

Reading your experience, I'll apply in early January.

Finally, I received the interview appointment to January 27, but I don't know if I need to wait for all I-751 process ended or apply for naturalization before thatheadbonk.gif

an1cHjz0g410010M2xzfDEwMDA5OThzYXxMaXZpb

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.