knicks1111

canadian police clearance help

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi, can someone please help us on the clearance required for canadian resident?

we went to her local OPP, in Caledon, we filled the form and they told us response time is 2-6 weeks!

I thought this was supposed to be done in like 1 hour and that this isnt supposed to be a document that should take time. (thats the conclusion I came to after surfing the threads here)

Did we ask for the wrong thing? Any tips? should we go to a RCMP to get it?

there is a Criminal Record Check or a Police Record Check

which one is best? any help appreciated

thanks!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

You can also go to an organization called "Commissionaires"- you will have to Google them to see where they are in the area. Their checks only take a few days at most. IF there have been any arrests or criminal record in the past, you will have to get the fingerprint check through the RCMP which takes longer. Don't forget to give them any names your fiancee has previously used (if she's been married in the past, or had a name change of any kind), and make sure those names are listed on the certificate.

Edited by JensJrny2Ray

July 09, 2012 - Sent in application for I-129f petition for K1 Visa
Dec. 31, 2012 - NOA2
Feb. 23, 2013 - Visa received
March 31, 2013 - POE
April 12, 2013 - Wedding! (41213 prime!)

May 02, 2013 - Sent off AOS, EAD, AP package

May 04, 2013 - Package arrived at Chicago lockbox

May 22, 2013 - Early walk in Biometrics, Alexandria VA

June 03, 2013 - RFE for AOS

June 17, 2013 - RFE response received

July 05, 2013 - EAD and AP approved

July 10, 2013 - EAD card production

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Depends on if said detachment needs to send away for the search or not. Likely if I went to the RCMP detachment nearest me I'd get the couple weeks, but if I went to the right one in Calgary they could probably do it quicker.

May 29, 2013 - Finally!!! I-129F and associated forms delivered!

June 3, 2013 - NOA1!

August 19, 2013 - NOA2! (email)

October 10, 2013 - NVC has our case, Vancouver number assigned

***Communications with Vancouver begging to put my case on hold a while due to house not selling!!!***

February 18, 2014 - Packet 3 Submitted

February 20, 2014 - Packet 4!!

May 5, 2014 - Medical

May 7, 2014 - Consulate Interview

May 13, 2014 - K1 visa in hand!!!

July 2, 2014 - POE (Sweetgrass)<p>

July 23, 2014 - apply for EI (mother of god that was confusing...)<p>

August 11, 2014 - finally get hitched!

September 16, 2014 - send off AOS/AP/EAD

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I went to the police station in Toronto and it took about 3 weeks.

I am sure that they have to send it away, I've actually never heard of the PCC taking only an hour

good luck

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Mine took 10 mins (maybe 20... felt like 10..) at the RCMP office in Red Deer, AB. We didn't have a city police and I didn't bother with the commissionaires (in Red Deer, it's all really old men who probably move as fast as molasses...)

Edited by NLR

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

• 4 years later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 12/1/2013 at 4:23 PM, NikLR said:

Mine took 10 mins (maybe 20... felt like 10..) at the RCMP office in Red Deer, AB. We didn't have a city police and I didn't bother with the commissionaires (in Red Deer, it's all really old men who probably move as fast as molasses...)

Is this still applicable? Am I able to do my police clearance and background check in Red Deer at the RCMP office? For a CR1/IR1?

5 hours ago, Jaret&Rachael said:

Is this still applicable? Am I able to do my police clearance and background check in Red Deer at the RCMP office? For a CR1/IR1?

Should be able to but you'll need the privacy act not the name check i got.  Theres no other local police in Red Deer. 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

*****  5  year old thread locked.  Policies change, and members often leave the site once their immigration journey is done.  PLease ask questions about your own case in your own thread.  ******

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.