Jeanna

Fiance has his trip booked! :)

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Salaam and peace, ya'll. My fiance finally has his flight booked! We had a problem getting his son's passport from DHL. My fiance opted to pick up at the DHL headquarters but he did not realize he needed his son's birth certificate to pick up his son's package. He no longer had his son's birth certificate and in Jamaica, it takes 3 days to get a new one. :( He went on Tuesday to pick up and I am sooo glad I did not go ahead and buy their tickets! We firmly believe visa in hand before plans!

So I was disappointed but we believe everything happens for the best so we are just going forward. He ordered a new birth certificate that day and it should be ready on Friday, God willing.

Now we had a lot of issues with finding a flight because of so many itineraries not giving ample time to clear immigration at the POE. We finally opted for a straight flight from Montego Bay to Atlanta but my fiance lives in Kingston.

He is taking the Knutsford Express on 5 am Tuesday morning and his flight leaves at 2:58 pm. So he needs to be there by 1 pm for his international flight.

Wondering if any of you have taken that bus and if in reality you had enough time to make your flight? He doesn't have any friends in Mobay so it would be difficult for him to arrive the day before. If anyone has taken that route, please share your experiences!

"Verily, after hardship there is ease" Holy Qur'an 94:6

http://www.anaashad.blogspot.com

Timeline

Salaam and peace, ya'll. My fiance finally has his flight booked! We had a problem getting his son's passport from DHL. My fiance opted to pick up at the DHL headquarters but he did not realize he needed his son's birth certificate to pick up his son's package. He no longer had his son's birth certificate and in Jamaica, it takes 3 days to get a new one. sad.png He went on Tuesday to pick up and I am sooo glad I did not go ahead and buy their tickets! We firmly believe visa in hand before plans!

So I was disappointed but we believe everything happens for the best so we are just going forward. He ordered a new birth certificate that day and it should be ready on Friday, God willing.

Now we had a lot of issues with finding a flight because of so many itineraries not giving ample time to clear immigration at the POE. We finally opted for a straight flight from Montego Bay to Atlanta but my fiance lives in Kingston.

He is taking the Knutsford Express on 5 am Tuesday morning and his flight leaves at 2:58 pm. So he needs to be there by 1 pm for his international flight.

Wondering if any of you have taken that bus and if in reality you had enough time to make your flight? He doesn't have any friends in Mobay so it would be difficult for him to arrive the day before. If anyone has taken that route, please share your experiences!

Hi Jeanna,

I do not have any experience with Knutsford Express. Did check them out online and the price is reasonable. Maybe someone else will chim, in the meantime I can check with my cousins in Kingston to see there feed back.

http://www.knutsfordexpress.com

It has the schedule as well on the website, its about 3 hours to get from Kingston to Mobay. So if he took a 7 or 7:30 depending on the day of departure he will get in with allot of time to spare.

Timeline

I've just heard so much about the driving conditions in Jamaica (and seen with my own eyes! lol) so I do worry if traffic jams and wrecks blocking roads is a worry. God willing he'll get there in plenty of time. :) Thanks so much Bishop!

"Verily, after hardship there is ease" Holy Qur'an 94:6

http://www.anaashad.blogspot.com

Filed: Timeline

Knutsford Express has a 6:30am schedule to Mobay from new Kingston

yet there at least 35 minutes B4 departure and get that 1st bus out, They

provide U with news-paper of the day, bottled water , a movie, and comfortable

air-conditioned coach with bathroom.

A uniformed courteous driver who makes the announments B4 departure, most

riders are on their way to MoBay airport,business ppl trying to make meetings in

Ochie , or MoBay,the ray ray ppl don't ride this bus ,too expensive for them, and

everyone on there is either reading, sleeping, or speak to each other in very low tones

so others are not disturbed....Its the best service company in Jamaica right now

in terms of genuine pleasantries, on time service, and well trained staff.

PS its best to make reservations for whatever schedule u want to depart on. On

reaching Mobay , they have the connections going straight to airport...great servoce

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

He will get there way before his checkin time....how comes he doesn't have the bc they give that back after the interview....it is a good thing jamaica has that express service....well i guess we wont be spending thanksgiving with our love ones but seems brighter for the xmas holiday...

Congratulations.

K-1 Timeline

Click Here to see our complete Timeline!

14 November 2013 - Sent I-129F Package

18 November 2013 - NOA1 (4 days after sending package)

21 November 2013 - Recieved Text and E-mail with Case Number NOA1

25 November 2013 - Received NOA1 Hardcopy in Mail

25 November 2013 - Alien Registration Number Changed

14 January 2014 - NOA2 (54 days after NOA1)

17 January 2014 - USCIS Shipped to NVC

29th January 2014 - NVC Recieved and assigned Case #

4th February 2014 - Abu Dhabi Embassy Recieved our case and the status is now "READY" for interview

24th September 2014 - Interview date - FINGERS CROSSED!

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Salaam and peace, ya'll. My fiance finally has his flight booked! We had a problem getting his son's passport from DHL. My fiance opted to pick up at the DHL headquarters but he did not realize he needed his son's birth certificate to pick up his son's package. He no longer had his son's birth certificate and in Jamaica, it takes 3 days to get a new one. sad.png He went on Tuesday to pick up and I am sooo glad I did not go ahead and buy their tickets! We firmly believe visa in hand before plans!

Please remember to let your husband go online and pay for the green card for himself and son before travelling - all the best and God bless.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.