Cathi

Thanksgiving in MENA forum

29 posts in this topic

Congratulations on the new baby! We have 3 weeks left until baby girl #2 arrives. Kind of hoping to go late so I'm not in the hospital or toting around a newborn on Christmas.

Happy Thanksgiving all!

We're going to my parents' house for dinner this year. I'll make a side and a couple desserts to bring. Cranberry cake with butter sauce...can't wait!

Hopefully she cooperates :) Is her big sister getting pretty excited?

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

c00c42aa-2fb9-4dfa-a6ca-61fb8426b4f4_zps

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Thanks! I have a few names on my list but nothing for sure just yet. I suspect she won't have a name until she's born. My husband has suggested a couple names and I'm like, no lol. She's due the 21st so she very well could come on the 22nd. :) Coming home on a holiday after a c-section does not sound like fun times at all. :/

Congratulations in advance. Another little girl,how sweet. Do you have a name picked out? My younger son was born December 22, I came home Christmas Day after having a c section, I was miserable.

Have a great Thanksgiving and let us know when you deliver!

"The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Timeline

I don't know if she's excited but she's being really cute about the whole thing. She'll lift my shirt and say, hi baby! Then put it down and say, bye baby! She also kisses the baby. She will also put her stuffed animals under her shirt and walk around holding her back groaning lol.

Hopefully she cooperates smile.png Is her big sister getting pretty excited?

Filed: Timeline

Happy Thanksgiving all,

We had our Thanksgiving last Sunday a bit early on Mohammed's birthday. My daughter will celebrate with her dad's family so we had a early celebration but it was yummy.

Thanksgiving day, we will spend the day at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital. It's one of the most rewarding days of the year for me, but at the same time, I will find myself weeping in the restroom often and trying to put on a cheerful smile. Our day will consist of singing songs, reading books, dancing, making cards and holiday ornaments. Tomorrow could be the last day for many of these children, and it's so important for me to share my love and hugs with as many as I can.

That's my Thanksgiving Day, I wish you all a wonderful day too.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Met online : 2009
Married : 07/28/2010

USCIS
Send I-130 : 06/08/2011
Touched : 06/13/2011
got a NOA1 by e-mail and SMS : 06/15/2011
got "I-797C" hard copy of NOA1 : 06/20/2011
got RFE "I-797E" : 10/15/2011
RFE Reply : 12/15/2011
Touched : 12/16/2011
I-130 Approved : 12/20/2011
got "I-797" hard copy of NOA2 : 12/24/2011
Your I-130 was approved in 183 days from your NOA1 date.

NVC
NVC Case Number : 01/13/2012
Pay "$88" AOS Bill and e-mailed DS-3032 : 02/08/2012
Email from NVC, DS-3032 Accepted : 02/09/2012
AOS Fee Shows PAID : 02/09/2012
IV fee invoiced "$404" : 02/10/2012
IV fee invoiced "$230" : 04/18/2012
Pay "$230" IV Bill : 04/30/2012
IV Fee Shows PAID : 05/02/2012
Send AOS and IV packet : 06/09/2012
AOS and IV packet Received : 06/22/2012
Case completed at NVC : 06/29/2012

Interview Date : 08/28/2012 "Denied"

Case Reaffirmed : 07/16/2013

Second interview - Approved : 10/24/2013

Visa Issued : 10/29/2013

Visa in hand : 10/31/2013

For more details please visit my timeline

485.gif

Happy Thanksgiving all :) Looking forward to showing my hubby how us Americans get down and eat :) He has never had turkey, Imagine that! enjoy your loved ones <3

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Happy belated Thanksgiving and congrats on the baby momof1 (momof3?)

Yesterday was bit bittersweet for me. Last Thanksgiving Younes was with me. We spent Thanksgiving together at my aunt and uncle's in Minneapolis, as one big happy family. This year, I haven't seen him since he left last February. We can't visit until we have more money saved up and we can't begin the visa process until I have a more stable job. But we're a stronger couple for all the hardship and I'm grateful for the additional time we've had to get to know each other.

9/2011: Met in Morocco

12/2011: Trip to Europe together

1/2012: My trip to his hometown

11/2012: His first trip to USA

1/2014: His second trip to USA

3/2014: Married

Adjusting from a B visa

6/25/2014: Sent AOS package (I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131)

6/28/2014: Package received at Chicago Lockbox

7/2/2014: Text and email notifications

7/2/2014: Checks cashed

7/8/2014: Hard copy NOAs received

7/25/2014: Biometrics appointment

7/25/2014: RFE for foreign birth certificate

7/26/2014: RFE responded to

7/30/2014: RFE response received

8/14/2014: Status changed to "Testing and Interview"

8/29/2014: EAD and AP card production ordered

9/10/2014: EAD and AP card received

9/27/2014: Interview letter received

9/29/2014: SS card applied for

10/4/2014: SS card received

10/28/2014: Interview - approved pending final background check; online status updated that night

11/1/2014: Welcome letter

11/4/2014: GC in hand

ROC

8/13/2016: Sent I-751 Package

8/15/2016: Package received at CSC

8/17/2016: Check cashed

8/19/2016: NOA1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone! Its been forever since I've posted in here as I've had a crazy year. 1 with having my brother, his wife, 4yr old nephew & 6yr old niece temporarily moved in with us in March because my brother had to have a major back operation from getting hurt on his job in Louisiana. And then for my own health with 2 blood clots in my leg since June. The smaller one was about 3 inches further down my leg & the higher one was 8 inches. Last week was my 5th venous doppler & it said the smaller one was gone & the larger one is now down to 3 inches. Been taking a full adult aspirin a day since August. Its been a hectic year for sure. Thankfully, my store manager has let me work with the personnel manager my 5 days a week to hire & train new employees instead of running around & all over the store as a front end supervisor.

Adam & I are doing great. He took a promotion with asset protection & transferred closer to home with the company. I hope everyone is doing well, had a good thanksgiving with family & a wonderful soon to be Christmas time & New Year. heart.gif Tamara

10407819_701840296558511_659086279075738

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Not Thanksgiving anymore but I thought I'd update - Laila was born on December 7 at 9:52am. :) She was two weeks early...very much a surprise! She's the opposite of her big sister who is blonde and fair. She has a head full of dark hair just like her brothers had at birth.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Not Thanksgiving anymore but I thought I'd update - Laila was born on December 7 at 9:52am. smile.png She was two weeks early...very much a surprise! She's the opposite of her big sister who is blonde and fair. She has a head full of dark hair just like her brothers had at birth.

Mabrookulations!!!! I love the name Laila!!!!!

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

Not Thanksgiving anymore but I thought I'd update - Laila was born on December 7 at 9:52am. smile.png She was two weeks early...very much a surprise! She's the opposite of her big sister who is blonde and fair. She has a head full of dark hair just like her brothers had at birth.

Awwww congratulations to you and your husband, Mithra !!! I agree - Laila is such a beautiful name - such wonderful news luv.gif

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Timeline

Awww thanks, ladies! We're overjoyed! Her dark hair and darker complexion were the deciding factors on her name. :) she's just the sweetest little girl. <3

Edited by Mithra

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.