A_M

What's the different between AP with 221g or without it ?

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi a_m,

did you just check ceac.state.gov? I think everyone goes through AP after the interview..

I was told i was approved by the American CO, and was just told to go home and wait for the delivery of my passport.

I checked the website right after that, and it was Ready for 2 days, on the 3rd day it wento on AP, i was shocked

but later that day, about 3pm, it changed to Issued.

But from what I've read on the posts, I think everything depends on the case..

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hi a_m,

did you just check ceac.state.gov? I think everyone goes through AP after the interview..

I was told i was approved by the American CO, and was just told to go home and wait for the delivery of my passport.

I checked the website right after that, and it was Ready for 2 days, on the 3rd day it wento on AP, i was shocked

but later that day, about 3pm, it changed to Issued.

But from what I've read on the posts, I think everything depends on the case..

hi goriuzk8 ... on ceac it's AP since the interview date and no changes or updates since that .

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

AP with 221g can mean that you still need to provide information or paperwork for final approval. AP means administrative processing - the time it takes to finalize your paperwork, approval and issue visa. 221g means that you have a denial.

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Timeline

hi goriuzk8 ... on ceac it's AP since the interview date and no changes or updates since that .

Did they give you a 221g?

Having a 221g just means they need more documents that you have to send..

Once you send them, they will process your papers.. It is not a denial..

It just means your visa issuance will take longer..

This will render your status on ceac on AP..

The other AP, is what all approved visas (without 221g) go through..

I would call the embassy just to be sure if i were you..

You could follow up on your case and ask why it is taking a while..

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Did they give you a 221g?

Having a 221g just means they need more documents that you have to send..

Once you send them, they will process your papers.. It is not a denial..

It just means your visa issuance will take longer..

This will render your status on ceac on AP..

The other AP, is what all approved visas (without 221g) go through..

I would call the embassy just to be sure if i were you..

You could follow up on your case and ask why it is taking a while..

no they kept my passport and did not ask for any new doc or anything ... and i already hand them new police and medical report.

Timeline

no they kept my passport and did not ask for any new doc or anything ... and i already hand them new police and medical report.

so you gave them your medical and police clearance DURING the interview?

When was your interview?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.