Kiwan

Gone on K1 visa but return back with out marry.help now

45 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I got visa after 2 months of my interview.the thing is worry tht if thy refuse this time k1 visa our time and money will b wasted.so I want a safe path.but not sure y marry visa take lot time.do u think it will make any diffrance tht I visted usa before and had some legal document and thy have my record too?

Timeline

I got visa after 2 months of interview.does it make diffrence tht have my records before .and now it will b bit easy.or better choice is cr1 visa?I think we need tol talk laywer and uscis? Anybody heard this situation ?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Portugal
Timeline

So you want a safe path but you're worried about the time that safe path will take?

And having been in the US doesn't matter a thing, haven't so many of us been there to visit our loved ones? Some members have actually held jobs, and some have lived together with their fiances, while they were in the US with other kinds of visas. They still have to take the same route as the rest of us, apply, wait, go through all the steps, and it doesn't make the process go any faster or easier or smoother for them.

The truth is you had your opportunity, you had your K1 visa and you knew (or should have known) what the rules for its use were. You didn't comply with those rules. No point in trying to go around that.

A lawyer might help, but only you can decide that for yourself. From what I've seen, lawyers only tend to make the process more complicated, not easier, but most applicants aren't in your situation either. As for USCIS, like I said before, in my opinion, there's really not much they can do for you.

In my personal opinion, a CR1 visa is a better choice, at this time.

The K1 journey:                                                                                                                             The AOS journey:

11/09/2013 - I-129F Packet mailed to Dallas Lockbox                                                                                         06/22/2015 - AOS packet mailed to Chicago Lockbox

02/14/2014 - Case shipped to Embassy, where it waited for over a year at my request                                 11/07/2015 - AOS approved (EAD and AP had already been approved) - there was no interview

05/21/2015 - Interview - Approved

06/19/2015 - Wedding (L) 

The ROC journey:                                                                                                                         

10/12/2017 - ROC packet mailed to VSC

01/21/2019 - ROC Approved - there was no interview

The N-400 journey:

02/16/2020 - N-400 application filed online

02/21/2020 - Paper NOA received in the mail

03/13/2020 - Biometrics

02/02/2021 - Interview & test - Approved

02/05/2021 - Oath Ceremony

JOrOp1.png

Wait,

What exactly happened here? The way I understand it, either:

1. You came to the US on a K-1 visa.

2. You didn't marry the petitioner, and left the US.

3. You returned to the US on a different visa (K-1 is valid for one entry only).

If this is the case, what kind of visa did you return to the US on?

Or,

1. You came to the US on a K-1 visa.

2. You didn't marry the petitioner, but stayed in the US.

3. You now want to marry the petitioner, and stay.

If this is the case, go ahead and get married, and file adjustment of status.

If you are currently not in the US you will have to start from scratch. It will probably be more difficult to get another K-1, rather than a CR-1. How long did you stay in the US on the K-1 before you left?

Edited by Yang-Ja

Timeline

Its put me on thinking on cr1 visa from hear all of u vj members.i hope I will gather more information and will come up will come up with decision.i also would like to hear more vj member experience.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I got visa after 2 months of interview.does it make diffrence tht have my records before .and now it will b bit easy.or better choice is cr1 visa?I think we need tol talk laywer and uscis? Anybody heard this situation ?

Having a previous visa that you didn't do what you intended could cause problems. Remember the Letter of Intent you didn't do that. I would take the advice of your country people and marry. You have already shown you can't be trusted with a K1 and what would be the difference now. Think like how they think.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Timeline

Dwheels76 I am agree with ur thought.if we will get marry here it will b shows out real relationship again and will have no more reason on visa or doubt.

Dwheels76 I am agree with ur thought.if we will get marry here it will b shows out real relationship again and will have no more reason on visa or doubt.

So you are currently in Pakistan?

Get married in Pakistan and take the CR-1 path.

How long were you in the US on the K-1 before you left?

Timeline

I got visa after 2 months of my interview.the thing is worry tht if thy refuse this time k1 visa our time and money will b wasted.so I want a safe path.but not sure y marry visa take lot time.do u think it will make any diffrance tht I visted usa before and had some legal document and thy have my record too?

IR1 is the best route for you.. ANy route you take.. Please have good documentation!! GOOD LUCK!!

Yes in pakistan.i spent there about 80 days .

You shouldn't have much difficulty getting a CR-1. Couples do this from time to time. Enter on K-1, change their minds, marry abroad. Or split up after entry, and get married later. Most importantly, you left the US before 90 days, thus sticking to your visa requirements.

Edited by Yang-Ja

Timeline

Ya I know I must have good documentation and patience about this time. Realizing only CR1 choice is best.

Yes thts y I came before 90 days and did not any illegal activity or law break.

Timeline

Ya I know I must have good documentation and patience about this time. Realizing only CR1 choice is best.

Inshallah it will be easy process for both of you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.