Texsinbad

Anyone Denied CFO and Had to Go Back?

15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Fiancée was denied CFO because of age difference and my previous marriages even though she had her visa approved and we have lived together for over a year and a half here in the Philippines.

She went back to Manila CFO on October 30th, but they told her that she had to make an appointment with the same counselor by email. She sent an email that day, but still no appointment 13 days later. Not sure if or when she will get one since this counselor told her she was a mother and would NEVER let her daughter be with an old man.

If anyone has been denied CFO and had to go back, please tell us about your experience or PM us.

Thanks

I'm sorry but I don't think they have the right to deny anyone because of age difference. However, they could do that if she didn't seem confident enough about your relationship when she answered the questions. I really dislike CFO. They go beyond their scope.

Oh boy! This is so sad..

Can't she go to Cebu for CFO?..

I don't know if it is a good idea or if it works, or if anybody here having problems with CFO think of just getting a plane ticket for Asian countries like HK, or SG and from there bought a ticket for US without being held up in HK or SG airport because they don't have a CFO sticker..

I know they won't asked for CFO sticker going to these places because i had been in these countries...

I'm sure Hank has some answer for this..

I-130 Submitted ---- 09/16/2011

NOA 1 ---- 09/21/2011

I-130 Approved ------ 04/30/2013

NVC Case Number -- 05/14/2013

Medical Exam ------ 05/28/2013

Case Complete ------- 08/06/2013

Interview -------- 09/09/2013

Visa Arrived ---------- 10/17/2013

POE SFO ------------- 10/21/2013

Delays maybe inevitable, but misery is optional!

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Oh boy! This is so sad..

Can't she go to Cebu for CFO?..

I don't know if it is a good idea or if it works, or if anybody here having problems with CFO think of just getting a plane ticket for Asian countries like HK, or SG and from there bought a ticket for US without being held up in HK or SG airport because they don't have a CFO sticker..

I know they won't asked for CFO sticker going to these places because i had been in these countries...

I'm sure Hank has some answer for this..

Did you have a visa in your passport when you went to HK OR SG? (no visa, no issue)

Once the customs/immigration agent spots the K-1 visa in the passport they will be looking for the CFO sticker, no matter where you are heading.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

What right and grounds does this agency have to deny? This is absurd !!!!

rofl.gif Haven't done the CFO part yet have ya? Reality check in the mail.

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Thanks for the comments and suggestions, but we hope to hear from others who were denied about their experience.

As for going to Cebu, we were told that the information is centralized. Meaning both CFO's are sharing the same information. If she went to Cebu, they would see that she had went to Manila.

As for going to another ASEAN country, I have read stories on other forums that the CFO sticker is NOT required, BUT depending on who is checking at the airport, they may say it is required, and there is nothing you can do about it. There are even people who got on the plane, and then had to get off before it took off. CFO sticker not required is no assurance of being able to go to another ASEAN country.

In my opinion, some CFO counselors are playing God by playing with people's lives and futures.

Timeline

After waiting for 19 days, my fiancé went back for her appointment. Her mother had to come from Mindanao to Manila even though we had a notarized letter of Parents' Consent to Marry signed by her father and mother.

The counselor grilled and hammered them individually and together for 2 hours about our age difference and my previous marriages. The counselor was extra hard on the mother and kept asking questions about being with an old man who had been married several times before. The counselor also kept telling stories about how bad foreigners were.

My fiancé said that her mother almost cried during this, but both my fiancé and her mother were firm on us being together. So, after 2 hours, my fiancé got her certificate and sticker.

We just want to wish those going to the CFO good luck. Like most things in the Philippines, what is the most important is who will be the counselor. This counselor my fiancé had was very hard on age difference, past marriages, and foreigners in general.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

After waiting for 19 days, my fiancé went back for her appointment. Her mother had to come from Mindanao to Manila even though we had a notarized letter of Parents' Consent to Marry signed by her father and mother.

The counselor grilled and hammered them individually and together for 2 hours about our age difference and my previous marriages. The counselor was extra hard on the mother and kept asking questions about being with an old man who had been married several times before. The counselor also kept telling stories about how bad foreigners were.

My fiancé said that her mother almost cried during this, but both my fiancé and her mother were firm on us being together. So, after 2 hours, my fiancé got her certificate and sticker.

We just want to wish those going to the CFO good luck. Like most things in the Philippines, what is the most important is who will be the counselor. This counselor my fiancé had was very hard on age difference, past marriages, and foreigners in general.

Congrats! dancin5hr.gif

Good news they cracked that hard case counselor. I pity others that need to face this woman. But standing strong is the only way to get through the CFO when you get a counselor like this.

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Fiancée was denied CFO because of age difference and my previous marriages even though she had her visa approved and we have lived together for over a year and a half here in the Philippines.

She went back to Manila CFO on October 30th, but they told her that she had to make an appointment with the same counselor by email. She sent an email that day, but still no appointment 13 days later. Not sure if or when she will get one since this counselor told her she was a mother and would NEVER let her daughter be with an old man.

If anyone has been denied CFO and had to go back, please tell us about your experience or PM us.

Thanks

She just has to keep kissing the workers in the CFO as*^S. CFO is a frickin joke. My wife had to go there three times. They kept asking for more papers. Just have your spouse keep at it. Eventually the idiots at CFO will give in. My wife is 38 years younger than me. In case you didn't notice I said, CFO SUCKS!!!

Good luck and GOD BLESS

Let me say it one more time. THE CFO SUCKS!!!

She just has to keep kissing the workers in the CFO as*^S. CFO is a frickin joke. My wife had to go there three times. They kept asking for more papers. Just have your spouse keep at it. Eventually the idiots at CFO will give in. My wife is 38 years younger than me. In case you didn't notice I said, CFO SUCKS!!!

Good luck and GOD BLESS

Let me say it one more time. THE CFO SUCKS!!!

CFO sucks \o/ protest6wz.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.