14 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline

Hello so I file I-130 for my husband hes in guyana im a us citizens we got our approval latter on may 6 2013 but since then haven't got back anything yet still waiting and hopeing , does anyone have any info on how longer I would have to wait

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

I am going through a lawyer would that make a difference?

With or without lawyer it doesn't matter. They cant speed up the process.

I will not let anyone walk through my mind with their dirty feet.

~ Mahatma Gandhi

We all in the same boat. I goût my Nao1 on may 6, Still waiting . So we are all waiting for hope. It is going to be our turn soon since they are processing march and april. I think we are closed by. Maybe this month or around january se Will get some answers

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Same boat here, NOA1 was received May 14th, we really hope for the NOA2 soon. We also hired a lawyer thinking it would help a little bit but I guess we were mistaking.

To answer your question, here is an interesting facts that our lawyer told us yesterday:

"I can no longer venture a guess as to when the I-130 will be approved. With that said, over the past 35+ years I've been doing this, I regularly see immigration (and the Consulates) slow down tremendously between November 15 & January 15. From what I've heard, this is when the Senior Officers take vacation/leave time and the Junior Officers are afraid to 'touch' the files that are sitting on the Senior Officer's desk.

Thus, if we don't hear something in the next few weeks, we probably won't hear something before next year."

So... Fingers crossed for an update within the next few weeks... ?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

If you fill out your timeline it will give you a good idea when to expect your NOA2... this data is based on the sampling on this website... best of luck! you're not alone, everyone has to go those the long wait. take this time to build supporting evidence for your interview and prep your documents for the next process.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

if you received your approval noa2 letter may 6 2013 then you need to call the nvc it's now 6 months nov.are you sure it was noa2 or noa-1 call first or make a appointment to infopass.

• 1 month later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline

Its still a little early if you turned in your papers in June then look forward to hearing something around January 2014. I am in the same boat but I turned in papers for my wife in Guyana in July. You have to be patient if you have not heard anything around that time then you can contact immigration. Millions of people are going through the same process as you and its not an easy one. But your day will come! If you use this same website time line it will give you an estimate date of when you hear back about something. Last I look for me it said March/April but its changes a few times February/March. Do the time line of when you mailed off the paper work and when you got the NOA1. Use this time to prepare for the next steps and hang in there.

• 7 months later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.