kitthekat

Singapore K1s

516 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

Kitthekat,

On the 2nd page of this document it mentions another form that give the information for the medical group or person to go to. Can you post that or have you and how much did that process cost? I hear there are multiple things like the exam and xrays, immunizations etc each with fees

"Gah, the embassy forgot to take my oath and have asked me to return on Friday (20 Dec 2013) to do it. Not a big deal, just a bit of a hassle to request for time off again, travel there, etc. I'm guessing this also means there'll be a delay in getting my passport back. sad.png"

Sounds like you are just about done!

Yes, really hoping that my "journey" is almost at an end and I can put aside immigration worries and paperwork till May 2014, when I plan on leaving Singapore. smile.png

The letter for the medical can be found at this link. smile.png The clinic address and contact details are on the 3rd page. The list of vaccines required seems a bit long and scary but generally adults are given 3-4 jabs -

1. MMR (for measles, mumps and rubella)

2. Boostrix (for tetanus, diphetheria and pertussis)

3. Influenza (if the medical is done during the flu season, a.k.a. between October 1st and March 31st of every year)

4. Varicella (for chicken pox)

If the patient has already had chicken pox, a blood test will be given instead to confirm immunity.

To find out where to get vaccinations done cheaper, check out this thread. My medical at Drs Chin and Horne cost me $214 total without any extras, some people were paying $400+. I got all my vaccinations (including the varicella blood test for immunity to chicken pox) done at Tan Tock Seng Hospital Travel Clinic.

Edited to add that you will need the cover letter from packet 3 at your medical, so don't schedule this until you get it in the mail.

Edited by kitthekat

Flying to Seattle on 6 May 2014!

Hi kitthekat,

Congratulations on the approval of your K-1 visa!!

Finding this thread is like winning a lottery. There are so much useful information here that will guide us in our application. We are just starting and will submit the application hopefully by the end of this week. *fingers crossed* yes.gifI know that throughout the process, I will constantly refer back to this thread so thank you in advance! biggrin.png

Regards,

PauPau

Timeline

Hi kitthekat,

Congratulations on the approval of your K-1 visa!!

Finding this thread is like winning a lottery. There are so much useful information here that will guide us in our application. We are just starting and will submit the application hopefully by the end of this week. *fingers crossed* yes.gifI know that throughout the process, I will constantly refer back to this thread so thank you in advance! biggrin.png

Regards,

PauPau

Glad you found it useful! Best of luck on your journey and let us know how it goes. :)

Timeline

I received my passport from the courier today, with the visa stamped inside. Yay! Everything was delivered in a large printed plastic package that I tore off, inside was my passport, opened to the bio page, and a pink folder. Inside the pink folder, secured with elastic bands, was two sheets of instructions from the IV unit and the elusive "sealed package" - a yellow/brown envelope with an official stamp over the flap.

As for tracking the passport on the ustraveldocs site, don't bother. :P My status still reads "Passport has been received from the consular section, and is currently being processed for delivery". If I send an email to passportstatus@ustraveldocs.com my status reads "in transit with post".

Thinking of booking my ticket tonight - so many different carriers and options, I'm not sure which one to go with..

Timeline

Hi Kat,

CONGRATULATIONS on getting your visa in your hands! Airlines: I have been pretty spoiled on Singapore Air.

You might check them out to SFO and then take Alaska air up to Seattle. Maybe you and your man can spend a

day in SF.

Best regards

Martin & Rose

Kat, Did you opt for having your visa sent to you versus going to pick it up?

Timeline

Hi Kat,

CONGRATULATIONS on getting your visa in your hands! Airlines: I have been pretty spoiled on Singapore Air.

You might check them out to SFO and then take Alaska air up to Seattle. Maybe you and your man can spend a

day in SF.

Best regards

Martin & Rose

Kat, Did you opt for having your visa sent to you versus going to pick it up?

Thank you! I'm so happy. :) I opted to have it sent to me. My status on CEAC changed to "issued" on 24 Dec and I received the package on 26 Dec - that's effectively a one day turnaround time considering the public holiday in between.

I would love to fly Singapore Air but it's pretty pricey (my travel agent quoted 2000SGD for a one way ticket). I did find a couple of flights on orbitz.com for 1029-1034USD that are operated by Singapore Airlines but further investigation shows the emblem for "Horizon" or "Air Canada Jazz" - weird.

Am now torn between American vs Emirates and a $300 difference haha.

Timeline

I think Emirates is suppose to be really good. I have found/heard US airlines like American/United can be pretty uncomfortable on long journeys

Kat, How did you start this topic? I can't seem to figure out on this website how to start a new topic....LOL never mind I just figured it out!

Edited by mwetterh

Timeline

Just bought my ticket minutes ago - went with Emirates ;)

SIN-DXB 01:40 6 May 2014

DXB-SEA 09:25 6 May 2014

4 hour+ layover in Dubai and I'll be in Seattle at 1p.m.

I wish I was leaving tomorrow...luv.gif

Wow!! Congratulations again!! How long is the validity of the visa? I'm asking because I'm saving as much as I could before finally leaving all behind. We are hesitant to submit the docs now as approvals are coming really fast!! It's good though but if given the chance I'd like to save more :)

Timeline

Wow!! Congratulations again!! How long is the validity of the visa? I'm asking because I'm saving as much as I could before finally leaving all behind. We are hesitant to submit the docs now as approvals are coming really fast!! It's good though but if given the chance I'd like to save more smile.png

Thank you! Your turn will be here very soon. :) My visa was valid for 6 months from the date of my medical (30 Nov - 30 May). Depending on the patient's medical classification (usually refers to a history of TB or HIV infection), this could be shortened to 3 months.

Thank you! Your turn will be here very soon. smile.png My visa was valid for 6 months from the date of my medical (30 Nov - 30 May). Depending on the patient's medical classification (usually refers to a history of TB or HIV infection), this could be shortened to 3 months.

Oh I see so it depends on the medical. Then I must plan when should I have my medical check up done. hehehe =P So far, all my medical check ups in the past were okay. Definitley no TB or HIV so I'm hoping to have 6 months validity too! :) YAYYY! I'm excited to start this journey. We will submit the forms today!! :) Thank you again for your help!!

• 1 month later...

Thank you! Your turn will be here very soon. smile.png My visa was valid for 6 months from the date of my medical (30 Nov - 30 May). Depending on the patient's medical classification (usually refers to a history of TB or HIV infection), this could be shortened to 3 months.

Only saw this now, glad you got a long window for your visa!! =)

- A

I-129F Sent : 2012-11-02
I-129F NOA1 : 2012-12-06
I-129F RFE(s) : 2013-5-30
RFE Reply(s) : 2013-6-10
I-129F NOA2 : 2013-6-17
NVC Received : 2013-06-28
NVC Left : 2013-07-02
Consulate Received : 2013-07-08
Packet 3 Received : 2013-07-10
Packet 3 Sent : 2013-07-25
Packet 4 Received : 2013-08-24
Interview Date : 2013-09-13
Interview Result : Approved
Visa Received : 2013-09-23
US Entry : 2013-10-25

Marriage : 2013-11-16

Filed AOS
CIS Office : Santa Ana CA
Date Filed : 2013-12-05
NOA Date : 2013-12-12

Biometrics: 2013-12-26

Interview Date: 2014-04-07

EAD Approval: 2014-02-15

EAD Received: 2014-02-26

AP Approved: 2014-02-18

AP Received: 2014-02-26

I-751 Sent: 2016-01-09

I-751 NOA1: 2016-01-11

I-751 Biometrics: 2016-02-29

Timeline

For those who want to know if the USC can attend the K1 interview with the beneficiary, PoweredbyCorvette wrote to the US embassy in Singapore asking if he can be present at his fiance's interview. This was their response:

Dear Sir,

Please note that the interview is meant for the applicant only. While you may accompany the applicant to the interview, do note that you will not be allowed to participate in the interview.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Immigrant Visa Unit

U.S. Embassy Singapore

Thanks to PoweredbyCorvette for sharing the response. :)

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Hi.. I just checed my ceac status snd its now - in transt- .. How do we know if the embassy have already received it. Thanks

the embassy will usually receive it in 3-4 days, but there won't be a CEAC status change to notify you of that. watch out for when your status reads "ready" -- usually that means they have sent out packet 3.

Edited by kitthekat

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.