kitthekat

Singapore K1s

516 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

Thanks for sharing your experience. Your thread has been VERY helpful!

Wanted to ask a few questions:

- Does the embassy set up the interview date? Or do you sign up for a particular day for an interview?

- When do you know that you can schedule an interview (or an interview date is given)? Is it with packet 3 or packet 4 or something else?

- How many days/months in advance do you know your interview date?

Thanks.. and congrats on your Visa !! :)

Timeline

1. Does the embassy set up the interview date? Or do you sign up for a particular day for an interview?

2. When do you know that you can schedule an interview (or an interview date is given)? Is it with packet 3 or packet 4 or something else?

3. How many days/months in advance do you know your interview date?

Thanks.. and congrats on your Visa !! smile.png

1. Yes, the embasssy will set it up, visa applicants do not pick their own date in Singapore.

2. Once the embassy receives your casefile, they will mail out packet 3, containing visa instructions -- see the attachments in the first post -- to your fiance. She will have to follow the instructions and return some documents to them via mail. Only after that will they send her packet 4, which contains the interview date.

3. It really depends. The "typical" wait is around a month after returning the documents to the embassy. Sometimes earlier slots open up and the embassy will call to ask if you want to take them. You can always ask for a later date though.

Thanks for the well-wishes, I cannot wait to fly off! Best of luck to you and your fiance. :)

Flying to Seattle on 6 May 2014!

Hello all! Finally sent out packet 3 and now am scheduling my medical appt :)

So happy for everyone who's gotten their visa!

When do you guys think it's good to schedule my medical checkup?

I heard that it expires? I only just sent my packet 3 out today.

Is getting my medical check up done next Wednesday just way too early?

I-129F NOA1 : 2013-10-21

I-129F NOA2! : 2013-11-25

Received Packet 3: 2014-03-20

Received Packet 4: 2014-04-03

Done with medical appointment: 2014-04-10

Interview Date: 2014-04-22 (APPROVED)

Received Visa: 2014-04-25 (Overjoyed!)

CEAC Case Creation Date: 2014-02-27

Status Updated: 2014-03-04 (Ready)

Status Updated: 2014-03-25 (Ready)

Status Updated: 2014-04-01 (Ready)

Status Updated: 2014-04-22 (Ready)

Status Updated: 2014-04-23 (Administrative Processing)

Status updated: 2014-04-24 (ISSUED)

Timeline

Hello all! Finally sent out packet 3 and now am scheduling my medical appt smile.png

So happy for everyone who's gotten their visa!

When do you guys think it's good to schedule my medical checkup?

I heard that it expires? I only just sent my packet 3 out today.

Is getting my medical check up done next Wednesday just way too early?

Depends on when you want to leave. The visa is valid for 6 months from the date of the medical. If you are planning to leave asap once you receive your visa, then next Wednesday is fine. In my case, I knew I only wanted to leave Singapore in May 2014, so I delayed doing my medical till the very end of November 2013.

Filed: Country: Singapore
Timeline

Depends on when you want to leave. The visa is valid for 6 months from the date of the medical. If you are planning to leave asap once you receive your visa, then next Wednesday is fine. In my case, I knew I only wanted to leave Singapore in May 2014, so I delayed doing my medical till the very end of November 2013.

Hi! how soon did you get the result of your medical exam? Im hoping to leave in July 2014- when would you advise for me to do my medical.

Timeline

Hi! how soon did you get the result of your medical exam? Im hoping to leave in July 2014- when would you advise for me to do my medical.

The results of the medical are sent straight to the embassy, so you won't get the results yourself. You can complete the medical anytime since July is about 4 months from now.

Thanks kitthekat! You've really helped us alot on our K1 Visa journey :)

Sending love and light your way!

I-129F NOA1 : 2013-10-21

I-129F NOA2! : 2013-11-25

Received Packet 3: 2014-03-20

Received Packet 4: 2014-04-03

Done with medical appointment: 2014-04-10

Interview Date: 2014-04-22 (APPROVED)

Received Visa: 2014-04-25 (Overjoyed!)

CEAC Case Creation Date: 2014-02-27

Status Updated: 2014-03-04 (Ready)

Status Updated: 2014-03-25 (Ready)

Status Updated: 2014-04-01 (Ready)

Status Updated: 2014-04-22 (Ready)

Status Updated: 2014-04-23 (Administrative Processing)

Status updated: 2014-04-24 (ISSUED)

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Woohoo!! Got the NOA-2 today :dancing:

So.. what to do next?? I was reading this page: http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide, seems like I need to do the following:

- Complete the I-134 form

- Make a copy of the NOA-1 and NOA-2 letters

- Make a new intent to marry letter (sign & date)

- Make a copy of the whole I-129 letter

- More proof of ongoing relationship (from filing time to now)

- Send everything above to the beneficiary

Does that sound about right? Anything else I'm missing?

Thanks for all your support :)

• 4 weeks later...

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/types/family/fiance-k-1.html#6

Documents in foreign languages, other than the language of the country in which the application takes place, should be translated. Applicants should take to the visa interview clear, legible photocopies of civil documents and translations, such as birth and divorce certificates. Original documents and translations will be returned.

Done with K1, AOS and ROC

Timeline

Can we check when the package from NVC arrives at the embassy? Our package left NVC on May 5, and we have not received Packet 3 yet from the embassy. I see the trend from package left NVC to receiving Packet 3 is between 1 - 2 weeks. Should we call the embassy and ask for the status?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.