ZirZai

Islamabad Embassy AP list 2013

371 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Australia
Timeline

Dear VJers,

My AP journey recently finished and i am inside the US. You all have no idea what a lifeline and source of comfort you all were. I connected with a few other H1b applicants undergoin AP in islamabad and discussed their lives every few weeks to keep it real through this network.

My history is ; i came to the US in 2000 on F1 visa as a student and graduated in 2005 with Engineering ; worked a year on OPT and then 6 years on H1b ; with an approved i140 application in EB2 and new H1b i appeared for interview in Islamabad thinking it should be a seamless process given by 11-12 year history in the US. Lo and behold 8 months in Administrative Processing. I contacted 3 senators who did congressional inquiry into the case with the same answer of "undergoing ap and it cannot be helped." After 6 months of AP my company lawyer also applied for Consular Processing at the ISB consulate. Then finally beginning of November i asked Texas Senator Cornyn to inquire again and the same week sent an email to the white house. Both the Senator's office and the White House responded 2 weeks later saying case was approved. And within a few days of that i got the passport.

I was in touch with 2 other friends in the Islamabad area (one H1b male applicant, other wife of H1b applicant) both of whom were undergoing AP and got it after 7-8 months. A third friend also in H1b AP got it in 3 months. So it was really frustrating seeing that there is no timeline and basically no hope... two other friends got h1bs and family members got visit visa within a week of their interviews while i kept waiting...

I called DOS weekly the whole time and never really got anything from them... i cant say if it was the letter to the white house... maybe it was... maybe it was my time...

I had signed up for daily emails from VJ on this thread... really felt sorry and prayed for some other people especially EAbbas who have been away from their kids in the most challenging of circumstances - those stories put my vjourney in perspective.

Thank you all again - please feel free to contact me if you have any questions...

Regards,

Abbas

I'm also in AP for a work visa (E3, not H1B). Did you check the CEAC website during your AP? If so, when did your status updated date begin to change?

I'm in for 6 months and no updates yet. I'm not sure if my case has even been looked at yet... sad.png

EDIT: I applied at the Sydney consulate, not Islamabad, so sorry about going off topic but I wanted to ask this.

Edited by ventron

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

CONGRATS to both of us. My case status is also ISSUED this morning. dancin5hr.gif

How long was your AP ?

How long will it take for the passport to be in hand??

We were in AP for 2 months and 9 days

Filed: FB-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

How long will it take for the passport to be in hand??

We were in AP for 2 months and 9 days

Some say 3-5 working days. I called USEM but they don't want to say how long it will take. Update us when you have the visa in hand.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Some say 3-5 working days. I called USEM but they don't want to say how long it will take. Update us when you have the visa in hand.

Was it Said Ready before showing Issued?

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

i am also under f2b .when was ur interview?

Mine category is F2b means unmarried sons and daughter of us citizen....
And updates of your case means that they are working on it could be in final stages these r good signs.you may call DOS to check the current status.

Got ds 3032 :23 March 2010

Interview : 09-09-2010 Result :Administrative Processing

In december 2010 priority dates retrogessed and wait priority date current again in

MARCH 2012 2nd

Medical submit :07 March 2012 Result :Administrative Processing

3rd Medical submit :28th Feb 2013 Result Administrative Processing

4th Medical submit :26th Feb 2014 Result :Got email reply from embassy that they will call me for finger prints and oath ..and still waiting Got call for finger prints and oath

on 12th MAY Went for finger prints and oath :21th May Result :ApprovedVisa Issued :22.05.2014

visa Issued Today after 3 years 8 months and 13 days

Green Card fee paid : 05/06/2014

Poe :17/06/2014

Ssn Received :27-06-2014

Green Card Produced and Mailed :07/22/2014

Got 10 YEAR Green Card :25/07/2014

Citizenship

Event                                Date

Service Center :             Online

CIS Office :                     New York City NY

Date Filed :                     2019-12-21

NOA Date :                     2019-12-28

Bio. Appt. :                     2020-01-06

Interview Date :            2021-03-25

Approved :                     2021-11-03

Oath Ceremony :          2021-11-19

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.