ZirZai

Islamabad Embassy AP list 2013

371 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

They say it can take 4 to 5 weeks for the embassy to review new documents. Sometimes it takes longer. Your wife is in AP know one knows how long that will last. My husband's last update was November 11th. I know it is hard but just wait and pray. That is what we are all doing.

My wife interviewed in SEP2013 given g221 blue form by CO only Joint sponsor needed. no any pics phone call records western union, chats record were asked by Co . Though my wife took our wedding pics and some more pics of us together,, and our one month's daughter's pic. Co stated that i do not see any further issue she is satisfied with our case.. i sent documents received by them on OCT 4th i applied US Passport and CRBA for my daughter on Oct 11th my wife took her in embassy my daughter approved for CRBA and US passport which has been already ISSUED and picked up by my wife couple of days ago... but my wife's case still in AP there were 3 updates In Oct 11th,29th,31st and one in 2nd NOV there is no update till now....if they issued US passport to my child..why're they taking so long to issue visa to my wife sad.png

HI brother in shallah you will see good news.i also had a doughter when i was gone for interview in islamabad 18 months ago.i aslo took all documents u menstioned abov.but in women side they take less rime .tell me is ur wife houswife or doing job?

Hey guys quick update on my case

I Still haven't got my Passport back from embassy and its been 7 days since my case status said Issued. i call Amex daily but they don't have my passport yet and every time we call DOS they congratulate me and say its been issued. i hope they really issued it. protest6wz.gif

it was issued on 20th nov.

I don't know what else to do now. any suggestions guys?

Edited by zinger

Filed: Timeline

HI brother in shallah you will see good news.i also had a doughter when i was gone for interview in islamabad 18 months ago.i aslo took all documents u menstioned abov.but in women side they take less rime .tell me is ur wife houswife or doing job?

she used to teacher in private school before marriage since marriage she is housewife. Yeah brother living in the state alone without family is tough i want my wife and daughter to be with me in the state. my daughter is 4 months old she has US passport now but i can't just bring her in the state i have to wait for my wife to get her visa. my misfortune i can't hold my daughter in my hands nor can give fatherhood love to my daughter which hurts the most. i could only see her in a webcam which is not alone enough i want to embrace her kiss her my daughter is my world.

Filed: H-1B Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Dear VJers,

My AP journey recently finished and i am inside the US. You all have no idea what a lifeline and source of comfort you all were. I connected with a few other H1b applicants undergoin AP in islamabad and discussed their lives every few weeks to keep it real through this network.

My history is ; i came to the US in 2000 on F1 visa as a student and graduated in 2005 with Engineering ; worked a year on OPT and then 6 years on H1b ; with an approved i140 application in EB2 and new H1b i appeared for interview in Islamabad thinking it should be a seamless process given by 11-12 year history in the US. Lo and behold 8 months in Administrative Processing. I contacted 3 senators who did congressional inquiry into the case with the same answer of "undergoing ap and it cannot be helped." After 6 months of AP my company lawyer also applied for Consular Processing at the ISB consulate. Then finally beginning of November i asked Texas Senator Cornyn to inquire again and the same week sent an email to the white house. Both the Senator's office and the White House responded 2 weeks later saying case was approved. And within a few days of that i got the passport.

I was in touch with 2 other friends in the Islamabad area (one H1b male applicant, other wife of H1b applicant) both of whom were undergoing AP and got it after 7-8 months. A third friend also in H1b AP got it in 3 months. So it was really frustrating seeing that there is no timeline and basically no hope... two other friends got h1bs and family members got visit visa within a week of their interviews while i kept waiting...

I called DOS weekly the whole time and never really got anything from them... i cant say if it was the letter to the white house... maybe it was... maybe it was my time...

I had signed up for daily emails from VJ on this thread... really felt sorry and prayed for some other people especially EAbbas who have been away from their kids in the most challenging of circumstances - those stories put my vjourney in perspective.

Thank you all again - please feel free to contact me if you have any questions...

Regards,
Abbas

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.