raj127

IR1 Called for second interview

9 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I have appied for IR1 visa (I had my interview on 25th sept 2012),I have recieved 221g white slip asking me to submit the I-864 ,PCC and medical,which I did 7 days back.

Today I recieved my passport with a letter,

Dear,

We are writing in reference to your application for an immigrant visa.your case is over a year old.In order for us to process your pending application,Please follow the instructions given below.

Step 1:visit www.ustraveldocs.com/in to select your visa delivery location by creating a profile.

Step 2:visit the consulate for an interview any business day at 7:15 am with your passport and documents.

Bring the following check marked documents

* 2/2 photographs of yourself

* form DS 230 parts I and II for yourself

note :if you fail to take the action requested within one year of this letter your application wil be terminated.

sincerely

(Vice) Consul,Immigration visa unit.

Mumbai

If any one been through this situation please let me know .

Do I have to take any other docs with me while going to the interview apart from those listed.

Is this the normal process for the applicants who are year old

Any inputs highly appreciated.

Thank you so much

Edited by raju kothi

POE - 26th JAN 2014(DFW)

Applied for SSN on 14 th FEB and recieved on 27th FEB 2014

27th FEB ELIS status optimised

4th MARCH production of new card began

7th MARCH card produced and mailed through usps priority mail

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

So to clarify, you had your interview over a year ago, but only sent the stuff requested at that interview last week?

If so yes, what they did is normal... they are checking if you still want to go ahead with the visa application, as it is very unusual to wait so long, and a red flag.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Timeline

So to clarify, you had your interview over a year ago, but only sent the stuff requested at that interview last week?

If so yes, what they did is normal... they are checking if you still want to go ahead with the visa application, as it is very unusual to wait so long, and a red flag.

I had my interview a year ago and i was issued a 221g white letter twice in the year,the only reason why it held this long is because of the I-864 ,last week I have submitted I-864 ,PCC and medical and in return I got that letter asking me to come to the interview with DS230 and 2/2 photographs.

Yes,I want to finish this process as soon as possible.

So,please suggest what else I should be prepared for at the interview and any other docs.

POE - 26th JAN 2014(DFW)

Timeline

I have appied for IR1 visa (I had my interview on 25th sept 2012),I have recieved 221g white slip asking me to submit the I-864 ,PCC and medical,which I did 7 days back.

Dear,

We are writing in reference to your application for an immigrant visa.your case is over a year old.In order for us to process your pending application,Please follow the instructions given below.

Step 1:visit www.ustraveldocs.com/in to select your visa delivery location by creating a profile.

Step 2:visit the consulate for an interview any business day at 7:15 am with your passport and documents.

note :if you fail to take the action requested within one year of this letter your application wil be terminated.

sincerely

Mumbai

Do I have to take any other docs with me while going to the interview apart from those listed.

Thank you so much

POE - 26th JAN 2014(DFW)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Similar topics by same OP have been merged, to keep the answers in one place. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline

Dear,

sincerely

Mumbai

Thank you so much

POE - 26th JAN 2014(DFW)

Timeline

*** Duplicate threads merged again. OP, if you have one thread on a topic, remain within it. If you start one more thread on this topic, you'll be subjected to administrative action. ***

(Moderator hat off)

The key to your success throughout the immigration process is to read accurately, interpret literally, and respond/react completely and honestly. The consulate is telling you what to bring, so bring it. If you're concerned about whether they want anything more, contact them ahead of time to ask.

Let us know (in this thread, please) what the results are. Everyone here hopes for the best. Good luck.

Edited by TBoneTX

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

*** Duplicate threads merged again. OP, if you have one thread on a topic, remain within it. If you start one more thread on this topic, you'll be subjected to administrative action. ***

(Moderator hat off)

The key to your success throughout the immigration process is to read accurately, interpret literally, and respond/react completely and honestly. The consulate is telling you what to bring, so bring it. If you're concerned about whether they want anything more, contact them ahead of time to ask.

Let us know (in this thread, please) what the results are. Everyone here hopes for the best. Good luck.

went for the second interview at the mumbai consulate and my visa is approved and the status shows issued.

thank you so much

can any one let me know how to update the time line

POE - 26th JAN 2014(DFW)

Timeline

Congratulations!!!!!

To edit your timeline, look for your username at the top right of any VJ screen. Click that, then click "My Timeline" on the drop-down choices. On the next screen, click "Edit/Add My Entry" under your name.

(Moderator hat on)

*** Thread moved from CR-1 Process forum to the CR-1 Case Progress subforum. ***

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.