15 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Wow, I was surprised to received a reply from NVCinquiry on my follow up email regarding the status of my case. I know it was a little bit early but I guess it doesn't hurt to try. I tried calling them before and it took me forever. i tried the email once but that was during the gov't shutdown so I never got a response. But when I resent my email on Tuesday, I got a response today!

Here's what I got...

"Dear Sir/Madam:

Thank you for your inquiry. The National Visa Center (NVC) has not received your petition from U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). Please allow at least eight weeks from the date USCIS approved your petition for us to receive it."

Not a really good news but It's good to know that they are reading their emails... Will try again in 2 weeks :)

Again, goodluck everyone and hang in there!

Wow, I was surprised to received a reply from NVCinquiry on my follow up email regarding the status of my case. I know it was a little bit early but I guess it doesn't hurt to try. I tried calling them before and it took me forever. i tried the email once but that was during the gov't shutdown so I never got a response. But when I resent my email on Tuesday, I got a response today!

Here's what I got...

"Dear Sir/Madam:

Thank you for your inquiry. The National Visa Center (NVC) has not received your petition from U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). Please allow at least eight weeks from the date USCIS approved your petition for us to receive it."

Not a really good news but It's good to know that they are reading their emails... Will try again in 2 weeks smile.png

Thank you for sharing

-I am the Beneficiary-
event.png

K1 (I-129F) petition filed in August 2013 (Approved Feb 20th 2014)
13th May 2014: AOS (I-485) & EAD/AP combo card
21st May 2014: NOA 1 and biometric letter
11th June 2014: biometric appointment
13th June 2014: RFE received via mail
16th June 2014: replied to RFE
6th August 2014: EAD Approved, AP still in initial review
12th August 2014: got tracking number for EAD
( ) August 2014: Received EAD (I forgot what date I got them but I did receive them less than 5 days from the 12th)
10th September 2014: Interview Waiver received (I wished I was interviewed)
April 23, 2015, we registered your permanent resident status and mailed you a Welcome Notice

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Poland
Timeline

Of course it works, We never called, we only used e-mail. Because their response take about 10-12 days we rehulary send e -mail. I got case number through e-mail, and then few days later ID invoice number. So I think it is more comfortable and you wont waste time on waitng for line.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Of course it works, We never called, we only used e-mail. Because their response take about 10-12 days we rehulary send e -mail. I got case number through e-mail, and then few days later ID invoice number. So I think it is more comfortable and you wont waste time on waitng for line.

True! I was just wondering because the first time I emailed them, I only received the auto response and never got any response after. Most of the follow ups made by our fellow VJers were via phone and it was either busy tones or 30-1 hr waiting time. I am just happy to share in case others are also wondering..

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

Here's what I got...

"Dear Sir/Madam:

Not a really good news but It's good to know that they are reading their emails... Will try again in 2 weeks :)

thanks for sharing good experince

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K-1 Process to K-1 Progress Forum~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Here's what I got...

"Dear Sir/Madam:

Not a really good news but It's good to know that they are reading their emails... Will try again in 2 weeks smile.png

Things are serious slow right now with getting the petitions to NVC and getting the case #....

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yes Hank ..I fear you are correct about the backlog. Hoping they are working the backlog off now.

If you look at California chart they really rectified a dismal processing time of 300 days down to 200 days

I got the SAME response via the phone. Its their patented response.

We are all once again waiting in purgatory but I suppose its good to know

we passed the NOA2 hurdle.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Poland
Timeline

I sent an email this morning my time but I just got auto response, nothing new sad.png My fiance and I have waited for 6 weeks sad.png

As I said before, it takes 10-12 days for them to response for your inqury. They must have a lot of e-mail to respond.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline

Hi everyone,

I just got emails from nvc told me my case number :) It works !!!!

I emailed them on October 30th. Still no reply. When did u email them?

Our Story

April 2012 - Met in my hometown

Sept 6, 2012 - Trip to the Philippines

Sept 7, 2012 - Officially a couple

Dec 3-7, 2012 - Trip to Hong Kong!

April 20, 2013 - I went to Guam biggrin.png

May 2013 - Came back and he proposed!

Jan 3, 2014 - Official engagement according to my custom

K1 Visa Journey

August 28, 2013 - Mailed I-129F

Sept 10, 2013 - NOA1 (hardcopy)

Oct 2, 2013 - NOA2

Nov 6, 2013 - NVC received (Case creation date)

Nov 8, 2013 - NVC left

Nov 12, 2013 - Embassy received

Nov 22, 2013 - CEAC status updated (p3 sent to me)

Nov 29, 2013 - Received P3

Dec 2, 2013 - Replied P3

Dec 4, 2013 - CEAC status updated (Embassy received P3)

Dec 13, 2013 - CEAC status updated (interview date assigned - Called DoS to get it)

Dec 16, 2013 - Medical in Kuching - Passed

Dec 20, 2013 - Received P4 hardcopy

Jan 9, 2013 - RESULT: APPROVED!!!!!

heart.gif heart.gif heart.gif heart.gif heart.gif heart.gif

The day I found out my case had been shipped to NVC I emailed them right away hahah. Today, 8 days after, they replied to my e-mail letting me know that my case had now been shipped to my corresponding embassy :D I immediately called DOS (they are much nicer and quicker) amd got my case number :D :D

Went on the website and it said:

READY

CASE CREATION- NOV.4, 2013

And that it had left Nov.7, 2013

I am so happy its all moving along smoothly now after being on hold 3months because of a RFE.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.