Fuzzness

Which Airline do you prefer?

Which Airline do you prefer when flying to the US?  

137 members have voted

1. 1. What Airline is your preference when flying into the US?

• Delta
    • Northwest
    • Continental
    • Air Canada
    • American
    • United
    • British Airways
    • Qantas
    • Virgin Atlantic
    • Thai
    • Lufthansa
    • Other

91 posts in this topic

I voted British Airways (decided by adding the qualifier "from outside North America"), which I found decent on three flights (ATL-LGW, LGW-ATL, LHR-MAA).

For entry from Canada, Delta used to be preferred (as I have an AmEx Optima mileage card with them) till they reduced flights on SLC-YYC sector--after which its split between American (generally good connexions to YYC through DFW) or Northwest (through MSP).

Pras will be using Lufthansa (I guess OK for her one-time) of which I have some hesitation (due to its partnership/codesharing with United--an airline which I will go out-of-the-way to avoid, due to bad experiences in 2001) for her entry to DTW; deciding factor in this was the fact that it has straight-in connexions to Hyderabad.

IMO, no US airline will ever be suitable for trips outside North America, due to several flights from Delta:

• Dec. 1999 ATL-LGW (due to their then-codeshare-partner Sabena messing up my ATL-MAA reservation); bag misplaced due to their wrong assumption that it would be auto-transferred without customs clearance to Heathrow departing flight
  • Jan 2000 Brussels-Atlanta (Sabena codeshare with Delta aircraft)--SAME BAG misplaced
  • JFK-MAA (and corresponding return) May 2005--bad experience at CDG (due to French mentality--who else would stop the aircraft 2 km away when there are empty gate-tubes available?)

2005/07/10 I-129F filed for Pras

2005/11/07 I-129F approved, forwarded to NVC--to Chennai Consulate 2005/11/14

2005/12/02 Packet-3 received from Chennai

2005/12/21 Visa Interview Date

2006/04/04 Pras' entry into US at DTW

2006/04/15 Church Wedding at Novi (Detroit suburb), MI

2006/05/01 AOS Packet (I-485/I-131/I-765) filed at Chicago

2006/08/23 AP and EAD approved. Two down, 1.5 to go

2006/10/13 Pras' I-485 interview--APPROVED!

2006/10/27 Pras' conditional GC arrives -- .5 to go (2 yrs to Conditions Removal)

2008/07/21 I-751 (conditions removal) filed

2008/08/22 I-751 biometrics completed

2009/06/18 I-751 approved

2009/07/03 10-year GC received; last 0.5 done!

2009/07/23 Pras files N-400

2009/11/16 My 46TH birthday, Pras N-400 approved

2010/03/18 Pras' swear-in

---------------------------------------------------------------------

As long as the LORD's beside me, I don't care if this road ever ends.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Don't think she will have any problems with Lufthansa. They are an excellent airline, and are NOT United.

I won't fly United simply because their fares are some of the most expensive out there.

Lufthansa

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Crossing the border coming into Canada is much easier in Calgary than Vancouver. In Calgary, your plane goes to the customs people directly. So there is at max 5 people in front of you in line at customs. Friendly atmosphere.

In Vancouver, everybody from everywhere in the world goes to customs at the same time and boy is it busy. Typically an hour standing on your feet in line.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Singapore airlines for me :thumbs: They have great foods, great services (blankets, socks and toothbrushes for overnight flights in economy class), and I really loooovvvee their entertainment systems: your own personal screen, with plenty of movies, short films and even video games for kids !!

Flew with Northwest couple of times, and they DO suck !!! I ended up getting transferred to SQ anyway during my flight to US :wacko:

Me- Indonesia & hubby - US

married in Vancouver, Canada

USCIS-free for 10 years !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

We don't have much of a choice...NWA only from here to Ontario. Planes are noisy but generally positive experience.

My favourite though is Westjet. In flight TV, staff have a share in the airline (I asked) so they real helpful, seats are leather and wide, lots of space and they never overbook.

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

My experience with Air Canada wasn't too bad...in flight tv, nice seats - roomy, staff was pleasant, but had to buy snacks or food. I'd fly them again. :)

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
My experience with Air Canada wasn't too bad...in flight tv, nice seats - roomy, staff was pleasant, but had to buy snacks or food. I'd fly them again. :)

From what I hear that's rare :)

The only other airline I've flown internationally was Delta, and it was a positive experience other than having to connect in Boston. Seems the airport has improved since.

Consensus is that Westjet is the best of the canadian airlines. Karen flew Continental once and it was good.

We have flown AirTran from Atlanta to Savannah and that was NOT a positive experience. They were rude and extremely slow with our luggage.

The reason I chose Northwest over Delta is because their terminal in Detroit is GREAT! And they still fly the DC-9 which is old, comfortable though. But it is quite loud. For some reason, the louder the aircraft is, the easier I sleep on them.

I'm kind of fond of Continental. Firstly becuase I used to work for them, but also becuase they usually have the best fares, houston is a pretty easy transfer, and last time I flew, they utterly took care of me, from the time I stepped to the ticket counter until I got off the plane.

Word.

Cheap fares too; almost always a substantial amount cheaper than the rest to the western U.S.

Big meanie.

Filed: Country: Indonesia
Timeline
Singapore airlines for me :thumbs: They have great foods, great services (blankets, socks and toothbrushes for overnight flights in economy class), and I really loooovvvee their entertainment systems: your own personal screen, with plenty of movies, short films and even video games for kids !!

Singapore airlines is great. Always try use it for flight from/to/within Asia.

But no direct flight to OHare. I don't like airport transfer at all esp. travelling alone. Might try it when travelling back to Indonesia with hubby.

I-130

Jun 28 2004 : Received at NSC

Oct 25 2004 : Transferred to CSC

Oct 29 2004 : Received at CSC

Nov 8 2004 : Received response from CSC that my file is being requested & review will be done

Nov 10 2004 : Email & online status Approved

Nov 15 2004 : NOA 2 in mail

Dec 16 2004 : NVC assigns case number

Dec 20 2004 : NVC sent DS 3032 to beneficiary, copy of DS 3032 & I-864 fee bill to petitioner

Jan 3 2005 : Petitioner received copy of DS 3032 and I-864 fee bill. Post-marked Dec 23rd.

Jan 11 2005 : Beneficiary received DS 3032 in Indonesia

Jan 31 2005 : Sent DS 3032 to NVC

Feb 8, 2005 : NVC received DS 3032

Feb 21, 2005 : IV fee generated

Feb 25, 2005 : Sent I-864 fee bill

Feb 28, 2005 : I-864 fee bill delivered to St Louis

Mar 3, 2005 : IV fee bill received

Mar 7, 2005 : Sent IV fee bill

Mar 9, 2005 : IV fee bill delivered to St Louis

Mar 28, 2005 : I-864 fee credited against case.

April 6, 2005 : Received I-864 package

April 7, 2005 : Immigrant Visa fee credited against case.

April 11, 2005 : DS 230 is generated

Aug 12, 2005 : I-864 & DS 230 received by NVC

Sep 14, 2005 : RFE on I-864

Nov 3, 2005 : Checklist response received at NVC

Nov 25, 2005 : Case completion

Dec 9, 2005 : Police Cert requested from the Netherlands

Jan 12 2006 : Interview success - Approved !!

Jan 19 2006 : Visa & brown envelope picked up