pswinontario

Medical examination in Ontario,Canada

17 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline
Moved from IR-1/CR-1 Process & Procedures to Canada regional forum; topic is country specific.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

You will find their names here. Dr Seiden in Toronto is no longer taking patients per his website. There is no 'best' really - they all do the same examination. The appointment is roughly an hour + with time for travel to and from of course. The price is whatever they charge - somewhere around $300-$400 and it is not covered by your provincial health coverage.....generally cash only but each Dr has their preferences.

http://travel.state.gov/pdf/medical/MTL-MED-ENGL-0012-1304.pdf

Your profile doesn't indicate your location or where your VISA interview will be but you may find that doing it in the city where your interview is is possible, you just need to leave enough time to pick it up prior to your interview at the consulate.

Edited by Udella&Wiz

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanx for advice.

but I did nt get it, can u please explain little bit.

you just need to leave enough time to pick it up prior to your interview at the consulate.

My interview will be in Montreal and going to do medical in Ontario as I am from other province.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I went to see Dr. Zatzman....here is my review of my medical; once I had my interview letter; I called and booked an appt. see my review for the rest....it took 7-10 days before my report was ready to be sent out or picked up. When you call the physician of your choice; they will tell you how much the medical costs....what you have to bring and how long it will take for the report to be ready for pick up or courier....average cost 300-400

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/453156-dr-zatzman-medical-review/

07-18-12 - Married
10-26-12 - NOA1 sent
10-29-12 - NOA1 received
03-11-13 - NOA2 approved
04-03-13 - NVC received
04-10-13 - NVC case number assigned
04-19-13 - AOS/IV paid

04-22-13 - AOS/IV cleared

06-07-13 - Case Complete

09-03-13 - Medical

09-25-13 - Interview

10-01-13 - Picked up Visa

10-02-13 - POE Queenston-Lewiston

10-11-13 - SSN arrived

Timeline

You can choose to book your appt at a Montreal Physician a few days before your interview, others have done it, and then pick it up from them so that you can take the results to your interview. It requires that you arrive earlier in Montreal...have your appt and then wait to pick it up a couple days and then attend your consulate interview.

Hopefully someone who has done that recently could tell you more details.

If you live within a decent distance of Toronto it's worth doing it on your own time well before the interview.

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

Removal of Conditions

Timeline

oh yes, I can do that.

But I heard medical results takes at least 7 days to receive it. so M bit confused now. Have to stay in Hotel for 8 days.

M live in Manitoba so....

I do not know.

what do u think. how long does it take to get medical results?

Timeline

I would phone the MOntreal Dr's office or email and ask them directly

oh yes, I can do that.

But I heard medical results takes at least 7 days to receive it. so M bit confused now. Have to stay in Hotel for 8 days.

M live in Manitoba so....

I do not know.

what do u think. how long does it take to get medical results?

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

Removal of Conditions

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Hi,

I called them the number provided on the website. I put voice mail yesterday. no reply yet.

all the time when i call, system says, I m away from my desk or busy on the phone, please put a detail voice mail so I did ,still no reply.

Did anybody have an issue to book appointment before?

what to do in this matter??????

I went to see Dr. Zatzman....here is my review of my medical; once I had my interview letter; I called and booked an appt. see my review for the rest....it took 7-10 days before my report was ready to be sent out or picked up. When you call the physician of your choice; they will tell you how much the medical costs....what you have to bring and how long it will take for the report to be ready for pick up or courier....average cost 300-400

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/453156-dr-zatzman-medical-review/

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I called them the number provided on the website. I put voice mail yesterday. no reply yet.

all the time when i call, system says, I m away from my desk or busy on the phone, please put a detail voice mail so I did ,still no reply.

Did anybody have an issue to book appointment before?

what to do in this matter??????

I have been calling the past 2 days to try and book a medical for the first week of December. Keep getting the answering machine... super annoying!! I need to get it booked so I can book a plane ticket!

11/09/2016 - i-751 sent

11/14/2016 - NOA1

12/08/2016 - Biometrics

06/04/2018 - i-751 approved

Timeline

Hi,

Me too. still have nt receive any response from them since 10 days.

I can see ur timeline that u have an appointment at Dr. Zatzman . how did u get it?

I booked other doctor already.

I have been calling the past 2 days to try and book a medical for the first week of December. Keep getting the answering machine... super annoying!! I need to get it booked so I can book a plane ticket!

Hi,

Me too. still have nt receive any response from them since 10 days.

I can see ur timeline that u have an appointment at Dr. Zatzman . how did u get it?

I booked other doctor already.

I just called earlier one last time before giving in and booking one downtown Toronto, and she actually answered haha. I was surprised. But yeah I booked one the first Friday of December.

11/09/2016 - i-751 sent

11/14/2016 - NOA1

12/08/2016 - Biometrics

06/04/2018 - i-751 approved

If you are just going to Montreal then you need 3 days after the medical (So if medical is Tues, you would get results on friday) not including weekends. I went to Montreal on Monday, had the medical on Tues, got results on Friday, then the following Monday I had the interview and flew home the same day to Alberta.

I would check the costs of tickets etc to decide what is the best for you. The medical exam in Montreal was $280ish. Hotels were $100 night approx for something downtown. My hotel was the center-ville best western and was very clean and nice. Easy walk to the bus which is cheaper to take than a cab ($9 vs $40) and takes the exact same amount of time.

So check into the cost of flights vs staying in a hotel for XX number of days. I would have been cheaper for me to fly to and from Montreal twice than stay in the hotel for the 7 days.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

yup.

I found out flying to montreal is expensive than flying to toronto.

and I have a friend over there so i can stay .

how much u paid for cab ftom airport to hotel? or downtown?

If you are just going to Montreal then you need 3 days after the medical (So if medical is Tues, you would get results on friday) not including weekends. I went to Montreal on Monday, had the medical on Tues, got results on Friday, then the following Monday I had the interview and flew home the same day to Alberta.

I would check the costs of tickets etc to decide what is the best for you. The medical exam in Montreal was $280ish. Hotels were $100 night approx for something downtown. My hotel was the center-ville best western and was very clean and nice. Easy walk to the bus which is cheaper to take than a cab ($9 vs $40) and takes the exact same amount of time.

So check into the cost of flights vs staying in a hotel for XX number of days. I would have been cheaper for me to fly to and from Montreal twice than stay in the hotel for the 7 days.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.