warrenj

Originals or copies for interview

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

My fiancé will have her interview at the embassy in Lima on March 15. She has all her original Peruvian documents (birth certificate, police record, sealed medical exam, etc…).

I sent her a copy of the entire I-129F package, notarized I-134, and a copy of the NOA2.

In the I-129F package she has copies of the following, but should I also send her the originals to be sure? I still have time to get these to her if I act quickly.

My certified birth certificate

Airline boarding passes

Hotel receipts

Phone bills

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

She should have originals AND copies of all documents at the interview. The originals are to show the consulate or interviewer that the copies are copies of the original. Then if they want copies, your fiancee already has them to give.

July 7, 2004 - Met Aimee in a chatroom

Dec. 25, 2005 - Went to Phils to meet her the first time

January 7, 2006 - Mailed I-129F to Nebraska Service Center.

January 27, 2006 - Received NOA1.

April 18, 2006 @1859 cst - NOA2 - APPROVED!

July 15, 2006 - Packet 4 received

September1, 2006 - Medical

September 8, 2006 - Interview - APPROVED!

October 15, 2006 - Arrived in USA

November 4, 2006 --- WEDDING!!!

April 20, 2007 - Mailed AOS

May 18, 2007 - Biometrics

July 26, 2007---GREEN CARD!(no interview)

April 13, 2009 - Mailed I-751 for Removal of Conditions

May 5, 2009 - NOA (extension approved)

May 18, 2009 - Biometrics appointment arrived today-scheduled for May 29, 2009

August 13, 2009 - Approval for removal of conditions (originally delayed due to RFE)

August 20, 2009 - 10 year green card arrived in mail

June 9, 2010</ - Treygan Isaiah is born

June, 21, 2010 - My adoption of Nathan is finalized

No lawyers and no problems

Yes, you need to be sure she has all originals of things you copied and submitted for your I-129f petition. Like trey said, be sure she has the originals and extra copies just in case they wanted to keep anything :)

Naturalization

=======================================

02/02/2015 - Filed Dallas lockbox. Atlanta office.

02/13/2015 - NOA received

03/10/2015 - Biometrics

03/12/2015 - In-Line for Interview

04/09/2015 - E-notification for Interview Letter

05/18/2015 - Interview - passed!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Paraguay
Timeline

I had a question regarding this too. I'm a naturalized citizen (have lived in the States practically my whole life). I have to send my naturalization certificate (or my passport)....the original of either of these 2 depending on which I decide to use to prove my citizenship? I just don't feel comfortable sending either one in the mail..what if they get lost?? Is a notarized copy enough?

PS This is my first post! I love this site...

May 2nd - Sent I-129F to Vermont

May 13th - NOA1

June 23rd - recieved RFE (IMBRA)

June 24th - Sent back RFE

June 27th - 7 touches

June 30th - touched

July 3rd - touched

July 10th - NOA2 notice via email

July 14th - NOA2 via snail mail

July 14th - petition mailed thru DHL to Asuncion, PY

Week of July 17th - Embassy received my petition

July 24th - beneficiary receives packet 3

July 27th - medical exam

Aug 7th - interview - approved :)

Aug 11th - picked up his visa

Aug 21st - purchased plane ticket!

Aug 30th - reunion day :)

I had a question regarding this too. I'm a naturalized citizen (have lived in the States practically my whole life). I have to send my naturalization certificate (or my passport)....the original of either of these 2 depending on which I decide to use to prove my citizenship? I just don't feel comfortable sending either one in the mail..what if they get lost?? Is a notarized copy enough?

If you are talking of the intitial I-129F petition to the service center you are only required to send a photocopy of original certified documents. If you choose to send the original of your Naturalization Certificate, USCIS states on their website that this document will be returned once the process is complete. I personally wouldn't recommend it. If they wish to see the original certified copy they will request it.

14. USCIS no longer routinely requires submission of original documents or "certified copies." Instead, ordinary legible photocopies of such documents (including naturalization certificates and alien registration cards) will be acceptable for initial filing and approval of petitions and applications.

At the discretion of the officer, original documents may still be required in individual cases. Please be advised that USCIS no longer returns original documents submitted with the exception of Certificates of Naturalization, Forms I-551, Permanent Resident Card, Forms I-94, Arrival/Departure Document, valid passports, or those specifically requested by the officer. Such documents will be returned when they are no longer needed.

http://uscis.gov/graphics/fieldoffices/scnational/

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Nope! Don't do it at any point. I always sent copies (they ask you to send copies of the front and back (yes its blank on the back but send it anyway!) I did take the original with us to the AOS interview NOT K1 Interview. But it was never asked for. Good Luck

K1

March 2 Filed I-129 F

July 21 Interview in Bogota ** Approved ** Very Easy!

AOS

Oct 19 Mailed AOS Packet to Chicago

Feb 17 AOS interview in Denver. Biometrics also done today! (Interviewing officer ordered them.)

Apr 25 Green card received

Removal of conditions

March 17 Refiled using new I-751 form

April 16 Biometrics done

July 10 Green card production ordered

Citizenship

Jan 20 filed N400

Feb 04 NOA date

Feb 24 Biometrics

May 5 Interview - Centennial (Denver, Colorado) Passed

June 10 Oath Ceremony - Teikyo Loretto Heights, Denver, Colorado

July 7 Received Passport in 3 weeks

Shredded all immigration papers Have scanned images

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Paraguay
Timeline
If you are talking of the intitial I-129F petition to the service center you are only required to send a photocopy of original certified documents.

Sorry should've specified. I was talking about the k-1 interview, sending originals to paraguay...well let's just say happy thoughts don't come to mind :wacko:

May 2nd - Sent I-129F to Vermont

May 13th - NOA1

June 23rd - recieved RFE (IMBRA)

June 24th - Sent back RFE

June 27th - 7 touches

June 30th - touched

July 3rd - touched

July 10th - NOA2 notice via email

July 14th - NOA2 via snail mail

July 14th - petition mailed thru DHL to Asuncion, PY

Week of July 17th - Embassy received my petition

July 24th - beneficiary receives packet 3

July 27th - medical exam

Aug 7th - interview - approved :)

Aug 11th - picked up his visa

Aug 21st - purchased plane ticket!

Aug 30th - reunion day :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.