591 posts in this topic

At least you know where it is. It will arrive soon enough. biggrin.png

Regarding the job hunt, it's a small university town. Nothing here in-line with my expertise. Plus, it's the holidays. More companies will be hiring first quarter of next year. biggrin.png Also, miraculously, my husband got another pay raise! Second time this year. YAY.

Same here. Nothing here that's really in line with what I do back home. There's a handful, but I think I'm still under qualified lol. I do hope it's gonna be good for us job hunters this January. And yay, congrats to your husband!

K1 Visa Timeline

• xx-xx-2005 - Met in an online creative writing forum for anime (Yes, we are nerds. Awesome ones, at that.) Became friends ever since and chatted mostly on YM. Our characters' names were Kumi and Drake.
  • 11-20-2011 - We became a couple.
  • 05-16-2012 to 05-25-2012 - First visit
  • 11-08-2012 - NOA1
  • 12-11-2012 to 12-18-2012 - Second visit
  • 05-08-2013 - NOA2
  • 06-13-2013 to 06-14-2013 - Two-day medical exam; passed!
  • 07-19-2013 - He visits again to be with me for the interview
  • 07-22-2013 - Interview date / APPROVED!
  • 08-01-2013 - Seattle POE
  • 08-02-2013 - Arrived in MO.
  • 09-01-2013 - Married!

AOS Timeline

• 10-01-2013- Sent AOS/EAD/AP in.
  • 10-10-2013 - NOA1 Date
  • 11-05-2013 - Biometrics Appointment
  • 12-05-2013 - EAD/AP: approved
  • 12-17-2013 - Combo card received
  • 01-10-2014 - Notice of Potential Interview Waiver case
  • 01-24-2014 - Card production
  • 01-29-2014 - Card mailed
  • 01-31-2014 - Permanent Residency Card received
  • 05-05-2014 - Job offer

ROC TImeline

• 10-26-2015- Second Anniversary of Permanent Residency
  • 11-03-2015 - Sent I-751 application
  • 11-05-2015 - NOA1 Receipt Date
  • 12-04-2015 - Biometrics Appointment
  • 05-18-2016 - Card production

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

So we had our approval on 12/12 and now it's changed to they mailed it on 12/17...no tracking number given though. Hopefully we get it by end of the week - I would love to get him over to DMV by Monday! :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Great news!! So do you know if is the work permit enough to change the info on the states Id??

I know in NJ when we get the EAD, he can get a NJ driver's license and then I can add him to my insurance! :)

So we had our approval on 12/12 and now it's changed to they mailed it on 12/17...no tracking number given though. Hopefully we get it by end of the week - I would love to get him over to DMV by Monday! smile.png

Congrats!

Great news!! So do you know if is the work permit enough to change the info on the states Id??

I know in NJ when we get the EAD, he can get a NJ driver's license and then I can add him to my insurance! smile.png

^^what Jeannie & Al said.

It should be enough info. SSA accepted my EAD/AP Combo Card. It *should* work for DMV/State ID since our EAD/AP is our official ID (before GC) and issued by immigration services.

Did a quick search: NY has a point system

Complete Point system for NYC DMV: http://www.dmv.ny.gov/forms/id44.pdf

How to & points calculator (they did mention it's an incomplete list): http://www.nyc.gov/html/id/html/how/state_id.shtml

4 points proof of name is needed on top of Birth Certificate and SS Card.

I think the most important documents are:

-SS Card (or if like me, because I just changed my name on it yesterday, they issued a letter saying my married name is now used on my SSN, bring that too.)

-Birth certificate

-EAD/AP - this usually is the key to extend a drivers license's validity (3 points)

-Foreign Passport / i-94 - though not sure about the validity of your i-94 (3 points)

-Marraige Certificate - if there's a name change involved (2 points)

- US Health Insurance Card - If any (1 point)

- US Life Insurance policy - If any (1 point)

- US ATM Card / Credit Card / Bank Statement - If any (1 point)

The important thing is your name should be the same on all proofs of identification.

Edited by Mrs.Presson

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline

I know in NJ when we get the EAD, he can get a NJ driver's license and then I can add him to my insurance! smile.png

oh! Thank you!I will see because according to my I-95 not sure If I can do it. I will verify! Thank you!!!!

So we had our approval on 12/12 and now it's changed to they mailed it on 12/17...no tracking number given though. Hopefully we get it by end of the week - I would love to get him over to DMV by Monday! smile.png

yey! well..mailing is suppose to take just few days ...according to what I read!

Timeline

just a quick question for all of you guys, how much it cost for the medical check ? It costs me 550$ all together...i think it is kinda insane..

All the doctor I founded affiliated and listed were very expensive.

I was able to find one for $250 accross the street from USCIS in New York.

But I gave them all report of my vaccinations and everything , so I did not have to do anything more.

It can get quite expensive if you don't have that record with you.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

All the doctor I founded affiliated and listed were very expensive.

I was able to find one for $250 accross the street from USCIS in New York.

But I gave them all report of my vaccinations and everything , so I did not have to do anything more.

It can get quite expensive if you don't have that record with you.

i was charged for the physical exam 250, then they charged me for a vaccination 100 bucks. then later they billed me that i have a 200 dollar bill of blood test for tb test. even I showed them that i have a doctor diagnosis that i don't have to do the TB test since i did last year. I feel like that they are just trying to rip me off. So for the other filers, try to get a price range before you go, some of them are just awful.

Timeline

i was charged for the physical exam 250, then they charged me for a vaccination 100 bucks. then later they billed me that i have a 200 dollar bill of blood test for tb test. even I showed them that i have a doctor diagnosis that i don't have to do the TB test since i did last year. I feel like that they are just trying to rip me off. So for the other filers, try to get a price range before you go, some of them are just awful.

Yes, It is alegalize rip off!!! Just paperwork!

..and mine wasn't really an exam ether., but they were fast at least with the paperwork. couple of days

Must be sure to understand what is included and what is not!

I called 7 different office,s each one has different rules

They did TB test to me too, but was included.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

crying.gifcrying.gifcrying.gif I ve just read at uscis website: "The USPS reported that the card we mailed to you was flagged as undeliverable on December 16, 2013."

Even though we paid premium forwarding from our old address to new one, usps reported that mail with my combocard is undeliverable!!!

So, now they will return it to usicis. I don't know what to do. If anyone from you faced the same problem, please help! cray5ol.gif

I think the USPS change address service won't work on these 'return service required' mails. I moved for my OPT application and the letter was not delivered to new address but then it was delivered after I changed the address with USCIS. And it was RFE. :(

did you file the change of address to USCIS? you can do that online.

F1 student

06-2013 - Got married to USC

08-2013 - Preparing all documents

10-2013 - Preparing all documents

10-22-2013 - Sent out application package (I-130,I-485, I-765, I-131) with USPS priority express guarantee delivery on 10-24 ( Thursday) by noon

10-28-2013 - Got email/text notification for all four applications (I-130,I-485, I-765, I-131)

11-04-2013 - Received Biometric appointment notice for I-485 and I-765 on 11-18-2013

11-18-2013 - Done Biometric appointment

11-27-2013 - I-485 Status changed to Interview and Testing

12-19-2013 - I-765 online status changed to Card/Doc. Production, I-131 Approved, status change to Post Decision

12-24-2013 - I-765 online status changed to Card Mailed. without tracking number.

12-27-2013 - Received EAD/AP combo card in mail

03-26-2014 - Email/Text Notification Interview Date scheduled on April 29.

04-29-2014 - Interview at Salt Lake office, 15 min, Approved.

04-29-2014 - Status changed to Card Production/Decision

05-02-2014 - Status changed to Card Mailed and will arrive on May 5th.

05-03-2014 - Received Green Card in mail earlier than scheduled.

05-06-2014 - Received Approval Notice letters for both I-130 and I-485

03-12-2016 - Sent out I-751 remove condition

04-07-2016 - I-751 Biometric appointment

11-14-2016 - I-751 Request for Evidence

01-26-2017 - I-751 Sent out respond for RFE

02-07-2017 - USCIS Ordered the New Card

02-10-2017 - New card was mailed

02-14-2017 - New card arrived in mail

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

I'm glad to find a case progress report for OCT filers, there are not much activities going on in the AOS from student/non-immigrant visa forum.

I filed AoS package on Oct 22. I am wishing I can have the EAD ASAP... looks like I would be getting the notification from next week. Fingers crossed...

F1 student

06-2013 - Got married to USC

08-2013 - Preparing all documents

10-2013 - Preparing all documents

10-22-2013 - Sent out application package (I-130,I-485, I-765, I-131) with USPS priority express guarantee delivery on 10-24 ( Thursday) by noon

10-28-2013 - Got email/text notification for all four applications (I-130,I-485, I-765, I-131)

11-04-2013 - Received Biometric appointment notice for I-485 and I-765 on 11-18-2013

11-18-2013 - Done Biometric appointment

11-27-2013 - I-485 Status changed to Interview and Testing

12-19-2013 - I-765 online status changed to Card/Doc. Production, I-131 Approved, status change to Post Decision

12-24-2013 - I-765 online status changed to Card Mailed. without tracking number.

12-27-2013 - Received EAD/AP combo card in mail

03-26-2014 - Email/Text Notification Interview Date scheduled on April 29.

04-29-2014 - Interview at Salt Lake office, 15 min, Approved.

04-29-2014 - Status changed to Card Production/Decision

05-02-2014 - Status changed to Card Mailed and will arrive on May 5th.

05-03-2014 - Received Green Card in mail earlier than scheduled.

05-06-2014 - Received Approval Notice letters for both I-130 and I-485

03-12-2016 - Sent out I-751 remove condition

04-07-2016 - I-751 Biometric appointment

11-14-2016 - I-751 Request for Evidence

01-26-2017 - I-751 Sent out respond for RFE

02-07-2017 - USCIS Ordered the New Card

02-10-2017 - New card was mailed

02-14-2017 - New card arrived in mail

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Just an update.

Approval December 11th (57days). Received mailing notification December 16th, then the USPS tracking number December 17th for an Expected delivery date of Decemeber 20th.

I think the USPS change address service won't work on these 'return service required' mails. I moved for my OPT application and the letter was not delivered to new address but then it was delivered after I changed the address with USCIS. And it was RFE. sad.png

did you file the change of address to USCIS? you can do that online.

Hello WillyLin! Nice to meet you!

Yes, I changed address on-line immediately once we moved and got confirmation from USCIS that my address will be changed in 30 days.

Unfortunately, it wasn't enough time for them to change it in system. When I got status Post decision activity on EAD/AP it was only one day since I changed address on-line, I immediately called to NBC and explained them situation that I changed address and want them to proceed faster with changing it in system and send me EAD/AP card on new address, the USCIS officer told that he couldn't help and suggested to wait.

However, before we left from old address I thought it's good idea to be on safe side and paid for premium forwarding at post office just in case if USCIS would make mistake and send me any mails to old address. That's why I didn't worry when I noticed that USCIS sent my combocard at old address.

Now I'm going to wait when my combocard will be returned to USCIS and be redirected to new address.

Thank you for asking and advising!

Good luck to you with paper process and hope you hear good news from USCIS soon!star_smile.gifyes.gif

10/08/13 - package sent

10/10/13 - check cashed

10/11/13 - numbers of cases assigned and NOAs-1 sent

10/16/13 - text and e-mail notifications

10/19/13 - 3 NOA-1 in mail box

10/27/13 - invitation for biometrics for 11/08

10/30/13 - early walk-in for biometrics

12/10/13 - EAD card production, AP post decision activitiy

12/13/13 - EAD tracking number, scheduled for delivery on 12/16

12/21/13 - Combocard delivered

xx/xx/14 - Testing and Interview status

xx/xx/14 - Interview

xx/xx/14 - GC delivered

..........waiting for good news! reading.gifClockWatch2.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uzbekistan
Timeline

Just received the "combo card" that provides employment authorization and advanced parole. Applicaiton went in Oct 4. We received the card about 1 week after we received the email.

Interesting, however, is that the email made no mention of the advanced parole. In addition, USCIS website still says that the application for advanced parole is under "initial review" and that the application has not been touched since the day it was received.

So, does this mean that the USCIS web site is completely useless for keeping us up to date on the progress of our applications (which I suspect), or does it mean that the advanced parole is not yet valid?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.