591 posts in this topic

Wife just had GC interview. Approved on the spot. Should get the card in a week or two. Nice!

Congratulations! :) can you share us some questions she encountered during the interview as well as if there are documents or proofs that were asked? :) thank you! It should be really a good christmas gift to you. Now you can celebrate! :) cheers!

AOS/EAD/AP

10/03/13 - package sent to Chicago Lockbox

10/07/13 - package received by S. Rodriguez

10/10/13 - Email Notification for AOS/EAD/AP

10/19/13 - NOA1 EAD

11/07/13 - BIOMETRICS APPOINTMENT

11/16/13 - USCIS Status for I-485: Testing and Interview

12/03/13 - USCIS Status for I-131 AP - Approved / USCIS Status for I-485 - Card/ Document Production

01/07/14 - INTERVIEW @ 1:00pm, USCIS Hagatna Guam -APPROVED

01/08/14 - Card Production Ordered

01/09/14 - Register Permanent Status

01/14/14 - For Delivery with USPS Tracking No.

1/24/14/ - GC on hand

ROC I-751

10/09/15 - Eligible for ROC

10/21/15 - I-751 Packet mailed via USPS (2 day Priority Mail)

10/23/15 - Delivered to USCIS California Service Center

10/27/15 - $590 charged to account.

10/29/15 - received NOA dated 10/23/15

11/06/15 - Biometrics received for 11/18/15 appointment

Congratulations!!

Sharing another good news, Green Card just received this morning dancin5hr.gif

It was 2 months from the date I filed the AOS

Congratulations! Your journey was really smooth. Happy Holidays! :)

AOS/EAD/AP

10/03/13 - package sent to Chicago Lockbox

10/07/13 - package received by S. Rodriguez

10/10/13 - Email Notification for AOS/EAD/AP

10/19/13 - NOA1 EAD

11/07/13 - BIOMETRICS APPOINTMENT

11/16/13 - USCIS Status for I-485: Testing and Interview

12/03/13 - USCIS Status for I-131 AP - Approved / USCIS Status for I-485 - Card/ Document Production

01/07/14 - INTERVIEW @ 1:00pm, USCIS Hagatna Guam -APPROVED

01/08/14 - Card Production Ordered

01/09/14 - Register Permanent Status

01/14/14 - For Delivery with USPS Tracking No.

1/24/14/ - GC on hand

ROC I-751

10/09/15 - Eligible for ROC

10/21/15 - I-751 Packet mailed via USPS (2 day Priority Mail)

10/23/15 - Delivered to USCIS California Service Center

10/27/15 - $590 charged to account.

10/29/15 - received NOA dated 10/23/15

11/06/15 - Biometrics received for 11/18/15 appointment

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Hello to everyone!:)

An October 2013 filer here:)

Congratulations to those, who received their EAD cards , and good luck to those, who haven't got them yet!

I have a question for those, who already received their cards: did you get them from a regular mail , or someone delivered a card right to your apartment?

Many Thanks!

Our K-1 Journey: Vermont
03/05/2013 - sent our I-129F to Dallas lockbox
03/11/2013 - NOA-1 date
07/02/2013 - RFE email notification received
07/19/2013 - RFE reply sent to Vermont
07/30/2013 - NOA-2 date
08/26/2013 - case received by NVC, case number assigned
08/28/2013 - case left the NVC
08/30/2013 - case received by the consulate (but not in the system yet)
09/05/2013 - received a letter with instructions from the consulate
09/20/2013 - interview!
09/25/2013 - visa in hand
09/29/2013 - POE
Our AOS Journey:
10/04/2013 - sent our AOS package to Chicago lockbox
10/09/2013 - NOA1 for I-485, I-131, I-765
11/19/2013 - biometrics
11/27/2013 - status for I-485 changed to "Testing and Interview"
12/05/2013 - I-765 approved!
12/14/2013 - combo card received
12/28/2013 - received an interview invitation letter
01/28/2014 - interview (approved on the spot)

02/06/2014 - Green card received

Our I-751 Journey:Vermont

11/16/2015 - sent I-751 package to Vermont

11/20/2015 - NOA-1 date

12/21/2015 - Biometrics

10/07/2016 - NOA-2 date

10/24/2016 - GC received

Our N-400 Journey (New York City):

11/01/2016 - sent N-400 package to Lewisville

11/07/2016 - NOA-1 date

11/29/2016 - Biometrics

12/28/2016 - "In Line for an interview"

05/02/2017 - "Interview scheduled" notification

05/08/2017 - Interview letter received

06/06/2017 - Interview

06/09/2017 - "Oath ceremony notice was mailed" notification

06/12/2017 - Oath letter received

06/21/2017 - Oath ceremony

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Friend16 - the card arrived 2 day priority mail USPS in mailbox.

Vazpayne19 - interview very straight forward, how did you meet, your job, etc, and we had our 1 month old with us so needed to show the birth certificate, that was about all they needed as everything else was in our application.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Congratulations to those who have had great news recently :)

I joined the club yesterday, with approval for my EAD after 57 days after filling on october 15th.

Just out of curiosity, typically how long does it take from approval to the card being in your hands??

The job hunt is now on dancin5hr.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Congratulations to those who have had great news recently smile.png

I joined the club yesterday, with approval for my EAD after 57 days after filling on october 15th.

Just out of curiosity, typically how long does it take from approval to the card being in your hands??

The job hunt is now on dancin5hr.gif

Congrats!! We have a lot in common - my husband is Welsh and our NOA1 was 10/15 too..and we just got approval today! :)

My hubby is a teacher so he'll be looking to start substituting after the holidays but we'll be relieved when we can go to DMV and just get his license so he is mobile again! :)

Timeline

Deanna & Karl,

If you look at people's timelines you will get an idea of time between EAD card approval and arrival in mail. For us it was 6 days.

Timeline

So once you get approval of the EAD and in production, if the I485/GC screen does not change to the interview language, does that mean we won't be having an interview? Or does that not happen simultaneously? TIA. :)

Timeline

If it says testing/interview you will get interview letter. If I485 goes straight to card production it means no interview was required.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Congrats!! We have a lot in common - my husband is Welsh and our NOA1 was 10/15 too..and we just got approval today! smile.png

My hubby is a teacher so he'll be looking to start substituting after the holidays but we'll be relieved when we can go to DMV and just get his license so he is mobile again! smile.png

Congrats on getting the approval today! It's a huge relief.

Deanna & Karl,

If you look at people's timelines you will get an idea of time between EAD card approval and arrival in mail. For us it was 6 days.

Thanks dove_r24, I was thinking it would be around a week or so.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

Great news come in this morning. the interview has been set date on Jan 16th..Good Luck everyone. The whole process is very smooth, thanks all the VJs...I will edit my timeline soon.

Timeline

If it says testing/interview you will get interview letter. If I485 goes straight to card production it means no interview was required.

Thanks! :) Is that decided my MSC when the EAD card goes into production or when it reaches the local field office - is it the local one that decides interview or not?

Congrats on getting the approval today! It's a huge relief.

Thanks dove_r24, I was thinking it would be around a week or so.

It really is a relief - thanks! :)

Great news come in this morning. the interview has been set date on Jan 16th..Good Luck everyone. The whole process is very smooth, thanks all the VJs...I will edit my timeline soon.

Congrats hb! great news - that's not far away at all - I would much prefer having the interview!! :)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

Thanks! smile.png Is that decided my MSC when the EAD card goes into production or when it reaches the local field office - is it the local one that decides interview or not?

It really is a relief - thanks! smile.png

Congrats hb! great news - that's not far away at all - I would much prefer having the interview!! smile.png

Well, as long as they can get my work done by time, I am happy about it. I am planning to travel.So I hope i can get it sooner. But i am very grateful for the process and VJ's information. I know some people waited way longer than me. Cross finger for all of us. Good luck to you J&AI, hope u guys get approved soon.

Timeline

Well, as long as they can get my work done by time, I am happy about it. I am planning to travel.So I hope i can get it sooner. But i am very grateful for the process and VJ's information. I know some people waited way longer than me. Cross finger for all of us. Good luck to you J&AI, hope u guys get approved soon.

I know what you mean hb - this board has been invaluable to me too since we first filed for the K1 - more helpful than our attorney most of the time which is a bit sad lol! I see some cases where people waited so much longer and some times it's the luck of the draw so I'm just glad ours is moving along and at least we're together. Thanks and good luck to you too!! :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.