AFT...Ths

Visa Denied - US Consulate Mumbai

125 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I completely get that. We messed that one up bigtime!!! But we were not trying to mislead or lie, we were just trying to make our chances at success a little higher.

I was trying to explain where the other posters were coming from, sending in an I 134 from your Mother does not fall in that category.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

Boiler, you have been a member on this site for years. I am just learning. We are here because we are requesting advice, need help, or in my case completely heart-broken by the outcome of our decision. My fiance and I were trying to do everything right, but yes we made a few mistakes. Maybe what is logical to you and other senior members of this site is not often the case for us newbies.

We just need advice, we don't need to feel stupid too. Not everyone can have a perfect file.

I was not trying to.

Lets put it this way if your son went on Spring Break in (name your Central American country) and came back a week later saying he had met a lady he was going to marry and sponsor to the US, what would your reaction be?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I was not trying to.

Lets put it this way if your son went on Spring Break in (name your Central American country) and came back a week later saying he had met a lady he was going to marry and sponsor to the US, what would your reaction be?

It's more than that...this is the 21st Century. Consider this site for example, you all have been giving me great advice for the past two days now. Without this computer, or the computer your on could that happen. We live in a world of on-line this and on-line that. Our kids of today are meeting kids from all over the world using social media networking sites. Today you don't have to fly 8000 miles to see the person you love, you can log-in and see their face, you can hold a conversation, you can laugh and share, just as easily if that same person was sitting next to you. That's what I have, Months of Vonage phone bills, hundreds of pages of on-line chat, emails, short stories I've written him about us, cards, gifts, and yes we did get to meet, to touch, to hold and feel. I miss that the most, and I can't wait for us to be together again. How do I send that in a form and how does he express that through a bullet proof window.

But to answer your question, I would kill him. :-)

Rabikanta & Lisa, December 25, 2013

RabikantaAndLisaVJ.jpg

LisaThokchomPriest.jpgBonesPriest.jpgGettingReadyVJ.jpgRabiVJ.jpgFatherInLawVJ.jpg

Timeline

Unfortunately, seems mainly North Africa, there are internet cafes full of men trying to hook someone to get the a Green Card. They look on it as a family investment for a better life, modern day Pride and Prejudice. Lots of horror stories on this site, hence the term red flags you will see.

The Consulates are very familiar with what is acceptable and normal locally, which is not the same as in the US.

I am not saying this is the case here, but invariably there will be tarring with the same brush if you fit the profile.

Timeline

Unfortunately, seems mainly North Africa, there are internet cafes full of men trying to hook someone to get the a Green Card. They look on it as a family investment for a better life, modern day Pride and Prejudice. Lots of horror stories on this site, hence the term red flags you will see.

The Consulates are very familiar with what is acceptable and normal locally, which is not the same as in the US.

I am not saying this is the case here, but invariably there will be tarring with the same brush if you fit the profile.

And thank god they do.

RabikantaAndLisaVJ.jpg

LisaThokchomPriest.jpgBonesPriest.jpgGettingReadyVJ.jpgRabiVJ.jpgFatherInLawVJ.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

I completely get that. We messed that one up bigtime!!! But we were not trying to mislead or lie, we were just trying to make our chances at success a little higher.

But your man did mislead when he applied for the tourist visa !

In 2011 your man went to the consulate to apply for a tourist visa and never mentioned you, even though visiting you was the reason for applying for the tourist visa. Doesn't matter why he did that...he misrepresented his intention to visit you.

Now in 2013 you apply for the K-1 visa and tell the Consulate that you were romantically involved since 2010, well before the time that the tourist visa was applied for.....and on that 2011 tourist visa application there is no mention of you.

In effect your man told the Consulate in 2011 that he did not know you. But now, in 2013, you tell the Consulate that you two did know each other, and were romantically involved since well before the 2011 tourist visa application. So the Consulate sees that contradiction. In 2011 he did not know you, but now, in 2013, you have been a "couple" since 2010. Does not compute.

I do not know how to fix this. I see that other posters are suggesting going for CR-1 visa and certainly that is an option, but I would consult a good immigration attorney first to find out how a previous misrepresentation (on the 2011 tourist visa application) would effect the chances of a success.

Filed: Timeline

I agree with many of the other posters here, that a primary reason for the denial was the one short visit in what is almost four years -- with the fiancé visa being filed very quickly after that visit.

I don't mean to invade your privacy, but there is one other issue that I don't think has been mentioned here that is sometimes a problem when there is already a red flag (the lack of time spent together in person). I pose it because of the 17-year-old son. Is there a significant difference in age between you and your fiancé?

Timeline

I agree with many of the other posters here, that a primary reason for the denial was the one short visit in what is almost four years -- with the fiancé visa being filed very quickly after that visit.

I don't mean to invade your privacy, but there is one other issue that I don't think has been mentioned here that is sometimes a problem when there is already a red flag (the lack of time spent together in person). I pose it because of the 17-year-old son. Is there a significant difference in age between you and your fiancé?

8 years, I don't think that is significant.

RabikantaAndLisaVJ.jpg

Filed: Timeline

8 years, I don't think that is significant.

I think it's negligible but it ultimately depends on what is the norm for the local culture.

If it's acceptable for male Indians to marry Mothers who are 8 years older than them then it should be okay otherwise it's a flag.

Not insurmountable but will require more work/evidence.

Timeline

I suppose my file has many red flags. It's $2000 round trip flying back and forth to India. If I could afford to fly back and forth more I would have.

RabikantaAndLisaVJ.jpg

Timeline

I can't speculate any more, it's killing me. Right now the petition is in AP, on it's way back to USCIS, I will have to wait and see what it is they are looking for and hope whatever it is I can rectify or an attorney can rectify.

RabikantaAndLisaVJ.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Dear VJ users,

We do need help!

My Financee lives in Florida, I live in India. I { 32 yr old Indian man.She is an American 33 yr old. We are single (never married before)} attended the interview in Mumbai,India for my K1 visa on 11th Oct 2013. The interview officer asked me only 5 questions about

1) How we met first time despite distance? Answer: Online forum

2) Why it is with American Woman? Answer: Its nothing to do nationality to share individual views and experience.So we talked to know more about each other and we wanted to move on in our life.

3) Did she meet your family? Ans: No. During her visit to India, we travelled northern part of India together. My father only lives in Southern part of India ,who doesnt speak English. I live seperately since since my mothers death in 1998.

4) How your family feels about this relationship? Ans: Happy.

5) What about the Wedding plans? Ans: We are waiting for the visa to get married.

Then the officer gave me a letter stating that our documents are going to sent back to USCIS for the possible reviews in few weeks.

Now Me and my Fiancee are restless with this not knowing the timeline of this procedures not knowing the outcome being very anxious in our case.

What Happens When a Petition/Application is Returned to the USCIS by an Embassy/Consulate after the Interview of K1 VISA?

We are thankful for the fellow VJ users helping us in our case.

-Praghu

Dear VJ users,

We do need help!

My Financee lives in Florida, I live in India. I { 32 yr old Indian man.She is an American 33 yr old. We are single (never married before)} attended the interview in Mumbai,India for my K1 visa on 11th Oct 2013. The interview officer asked me only 5 questions about

1) How we met first time despite distance? Answer: Online forum

2) Why it is with American Woman? Answer: Its nothing to do nationality to share individual views and experience.So we talked to know more about each other and we wanted to move on in our life.

3) Did she meet your family? Ans: No. During her visit to India, we travelled northern part of India together. My father only lives in Southern part of India ,who doesnt speak English. I live seperately since since my mothers death in 1998.

4) How your family feels about this relationship? Ans: Happy.

5) What about the Wedding plans? Ans: We are waiting for the visa to get married.

Then the officer gave me a letter stating that our documents are going to sent back to USCIS for the possible reviews in few weeks.

Now Me and my Fiancee are restless with this not knowing the timeline of this procedures not knowing the outcome being very anxious in our case.

What Happens When a Petition/Application is Returned to the USCIS by an Embassy/Consulate after the Interview of K1 VISA?

We are thankful for the fellow VJ users helping us in our case.

-Praghu

Probably better if you've started your own topic to get more broad audience. Just my 2 cents:

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

Timeline

Make it 4 cents.

Is she is of Indian Heritage?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.