DanNNina

K1 Proof of meeting

10 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belarus
Timeline

In my I129 application I included copies of 3 visas in my passport with entry and exit stamps over the past 5 years. The last was Sept 2005. I also included a picture of Nina and me from each of the visits. Is this enough information to validate our having met in the past year?

I have a copy of my airline receipt from my last visit, but I don't have the airline stub. Do I need to forward this receipt on before an RFE is issued (I want to do anything I can so that I don't slow down the process) . Also, I gave her an ATM card so that she can pull cash for incidentals and English class, should I send the bank statements as proof of our meeting? I didn't find VJ until I had already sent my application. Any advice would be appreciated.

Patience is required for this process.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Copies from your passport pages and pictures of yourself together should be sufficient evidence. I would not send anything now unless they contact you and ask for more evidence. Hold onto the other things and you can use them at the time of interview for proofs. Good luck and patience is a virtue you learn from this process.

Mary

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
The last was Sept 2005. I also included a picture of Nina and me from each of the visits. Is this enough information to validate our having met in the past year?

A picture from September 2005 certainly would not prove you having met her in the last year. It will however help prove you met within the last two years.

YMMV

Timeline
Fwaguy,

I believe he said a photocopy of his visa from september 2005, not a photo:

I included copies of 3 visas in my passport with entry and exit stamps over the past 5 years. The last was Sept 2005.

Does it really matter? Passport page or photos, still would not prove having met in the last year.

YMMV

In my I129 application I included copies of 3 visas in my passport with entry and exit stamps over the past 5 years. The last was Sept 2005. I also included a picture of Nina and me from each of the visits. Is this enough information to validate our having met in the past year?

I have a copy of my airline receipt from my last visit, but I don't have the airline stub. Do I need to forward this receipt on before an RFE is issued (I want to do anything I can so that I don't slow down the process) . Also, I gave her an ATM card so that she can pull cash for incidentals and English class, should I send the bank statements as proof of our meeting? I didn't find VJ until I had already sent my application. Any advice would be appreciated.

In my application, I included some photos of us together and copies of passport pages showing his entries to the U.S. and mine to Canada. Our petition was approved.

Good luck! Hope it works out for you :)

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
deleted, never mind it was stupid :wacko:

Too late...... :lol:

You were right, but I just realized it after I posted :bonk: that's why I deleted it. I think I'm still under the influence of getting NOA2. Hope you get the same way very fast

The test of courage comes when we are in the minority. The test of tolerance comes when we are in the majority.

Timeline
You were right, but I just realized it after I posted :bonk: that's why I deleted it. I think I'm still under the influence of getting NOA2. Hope you get the same way very fast

Well that would be sooooo nice but I still have 60 days or so before I get to drink the NOA2 kool-aid!! :)

YMMV

Well that would be sooooo nice but I still have 60 days or so before I get to drink the NOA2 kool-aid!! :)

:blush:

goodluck

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.