linakajt

September 2013 I-130 Filers

4,184 posts in this topic

I also read someone speculating on AOS instead of waiting for IR-1 from overseas.

Is it really achievable? do we get same Greencard? I would like to see all benefits (and downside as well) AOS gives over IR-1 processing other than the fact that you could stay with spouse in the states.

It has the same result, but you can't work while waiting for an AOS. Well, you can but the paperwork for it is an additional like $600 and it takes about 6 months to process. Plus you do have to get into the country to be able to file for it. Plus it costs about $1500.

http://www.***removed***/greencard/adjustment-of-status-vs-consular-processing.html%C2'>

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : National Benefits Center

Consulate : Sydney, Australia

Marriage (if applicable): 2013-08-25

I-130 Sent : 2013-09-14

I-130 NOA1 : 2013-09-27

As far as I can tell, AOS takes longer and is more expensive - but for us, it would be much easier than having to deal with the embassy in London, plus it means we can be in the US rather than the UK, which is obviously what we want, hence applying for the visa in the first place. I'm lucky, I'm a UK citizen as well as a US citizen, so it's possible for us to do this either way without having to be apart, but as nice as the UK can be, I've been there for over 40 years, and for me, it's enough already

It has the same result, but you can't work while waiting for an AOS. Well, you can but the paperwork for it is an additional like $600 and it takes about 6 months to process. Plus you do have to get into the country to be able to file for it. Plus it costs about $1500.

Thank you for clarification, for us who's living overseas together there's no benefit unless AOS expedites the whole process, and it seems it does NOT.

IR1 applied from overseas

NOA1: 18 Sep 13 (NBC)

NOA2: 19 Mar 14 (CSC)

NVC received: 21 Mar 14

NVC case # assigned: 22 Apr 14

NVC case complete: 11 Aug 14

Interview: 2 Sep 14 (Japan)

Yeah it's around $1000 for the i485 then you have the fees for the medical and the fingerprints and the affidavit of support and basically anything else they think they can charge some money for. Not a cheap process at all.

Thank you for clarification, for us who's living overseas together there's no benefit unless AOS expedites the whole process, and it seems it does NOT.

I don't believe it does, it sounds like it actually takes a lot longer. We went for consular processing because it would drive my partner nuts not being able to work for 6-9 months

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : National Benefits Center

Consulate : Sydney, Australia

Marriage (if applicable): 2013-08-25

I-130 Sent : 2013-09-14

I-130 NOA1 : 2013-09-27

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cameroon
Timeline
bucket-off.gif
Acceptance

bucket-on.gif
Initial Review
bucket-off.gif
Decision
bucket-off.gif
Post Decision Activity
Initial Review

On March 13, 2014, your Alien Registration Number was changed relating to your I129F, PETITION FOR FIANCE(E). Please check our website at www.uscis.gov for further updates on your case. Please wait until the end of normal processing time before calling customer service at 1-800-375-5283 for live assistance..

Can someone help. What does this mean??. Thats the update i get when i try to check my case online status.

You'll need Skype CreditFree via Skype

Filed: October 6;2013

NOA2 :April 15, 2014

NVC Received: May 6, 2014

AOS Fees: June 2, 2014

Submitted DS 261: June 8, 2014

AOS Scanned: July 22, 2014

IV Invoice/Paid: August 3, 2014

IV Package shipped: xxxxxxxx

First, congrats!!! Second, yogur timeline states that you received an RFE on 3/3/2014. Was that an error?

sorry it was an error,,, and what is an RFE????? I pray for all you, we're together in this journey, i know at the end of this we'll smile and remenber this as a big NIGHTMARE,,,, HAHAHAHAHA,, GOOD LUCK AND KEEP THE FAITH UP,,,

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

On March 5, 2014, your address was changed relating to the I130, IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN that you filed. Please check our website at www.uscis.gov for further updates

on your case. Please wait until the end of normal processing time before calling customer service at 1-800-375-5283 for live assistance. what that means i am confused ?

Timeline

Did you or your partner change address??. Do you work with an attorney?, and what service center were you transfered to?. All that can give you a hint.

bucket-off.gif
Acceptance
bucket-on.gif
Initial Review
bucket-off.gif
Decision
bucket-off.gif
Post Decision Activity
Initial Review

On March 13, 2014, your Alien Registration Number was changed relating to your I129F, PETITION FOR FIANCE(E). Please check our website at www.uscis.gov for further updates on your case. Please wait until the end of normal processing time before calling customer service at 1-800-375-5283 for live assistance..

Can someone help. What does this mean??. Thats the update i get when i try to check my case online status.

You'll need Skype CreditFree via Skype

timeline.gif

Did you file for a K-1 visa or did you file for a K-3 after filing the I-130? If so, you'll want to head over to that forum as this one is for people who filed I-130 petitions for their spouse.

5/21/2016: Mailed I-751 packet to CSC

5/23/2016: NOA1

7/29/2016: Biometrics Appointment

11/22/2016: I-751 Approved!

oprahbees.gif

Timeline

I filed for both and received same notification for both of them!

Ahhh ok. I do recommend setting up your timeline on this site, though :)

5/21/2016: Mailed I-751 packet to CSC

5/23/2016: NOA1

7/29/2016: Biometrics Appointment

11/22/2016: I-751 Approved!

oprahbees.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.