linakajt

September 2013 I-130 Filers

4,184 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

NVC received my file yesterday! Approved March 3, received March 12. Not half bad. Now begins the wait for a case number...

Did you phone them or did you receive notification in the mail? I was approved on March 7th.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline

Did you phone them or did you receive notification in the mail? I was approved on March 7th.

I called. I believe it takes about 10-15 days to receive a case. I waited a week from my NOA2 to start calling every couple days.

Hello all ... again Congrats!! to all recent approvals ... and ... I just got my text and e-mail ........and.... not approved crying.gif Yet! Still says Initial status .... but this instead ....

On March 13, 2014, your date of birth was updated relating to your I130, IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN. Please check our website at www.uscis.gov for further updates on your case. Please wait until the end of normal processing time before calling customer service at 1-800-375-5283 for live assistance.

... ummm Should I just call anyways? when can I call? lol like what does Please wait until the end of normal processing time before calling customer service Mean? says the same thing on the site as the e-mail fyi ... In a way I'm happy that they are finally touching my case ... But is all this a positive thing? Has anyone else seen this in their case? HELP! blink.pnghuh2.gifheadbonk.gif lol

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello all ... again Congrats!! to all recent approvals ... and ... I just got my text and e-mail ........and.... not approved crying.gif Yet! Still says Initial status .... but this instead ....

On March 13, 2014, your date of birth was updated relating to your I130, IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN. Please check our website at www.uscis.gov for further updates on your case. Please wait until the end of normal processing time before calling customer service at 1-800-375-5283 for live assistance.

... ummm Should I just call anyways? when can I call? lol like what does Please wait until the end of normal processing time before calling customer service Mean? says the same thing on the site as the e-mail fyi ... In a way I'm happy that they are finally touching my case ... But is all this a positive thing? Has anyone else seen this in their case? HELP! blink.pnghuh2.gifheadbonk.gif lol

We had the exact same notification from them as we entered my birth date wrong on the I-130, but called them to correct it and all was fine. We are now approved and just waiting for the next step from the NVC.

That's a new one... has anyone else seen this message?

5/21/2016: Mailed I-751 packet to CSC

5/23/2016: NOA1

7/29/2016: Biometrics Appointment

11/22/2016: I-751 Approved!

oprahbees.gif

Got our NOA2 hard copy in the mail today. Hoping NVC receives our file soon. I'm gonna start calling next week. We were approved on the 7th.

Ok, if you thought I was confused before, you ought to see me now.

I just received my NOA2, dated March 7.

When I sent in my I-130, it was very clear from the information I gave that at the time, I was in the US and my other half was in the UK, so I was petitioning for a visa which would then be processed by USCIS and then NVC and then at the embassy in London.

The NOA2 says:

The above petition has been approved. The petition indicates that the person for whom you are petitioning is in the United States and will apply for adjustment of status. He or she should contact the local USCIS office to obtain for I-485. A copy of this notice should be submitted with the application.

If the person for whom you are petitioning decides to apply for a visa outside the United States based on this petition, the petitioner should file form I-824, Applcation for Action on an Approved Application or Petition, to request that we send the petition to the Department of State National Visa Center (NVC)

So, basically, #######?

I thought the process was that USCIS sent the application to a service centre (in my case, Texas) and once the I-130 was approved, Texas would automatically send it on to NVC, and NVC would then send it on to the US Embassy in London.

I'm now completely confused - Do I/we have to make a choice as to whether to go down the AOS route or the consular route?

As it happens, my other half is here in Florida with me now. We arrived on Tuesday, and she's here for 6 weeks, and then going back to the UK, but I'm now wondering if she should just stay here and go the AOS route, although I think it costs quite a bit more. Not that I particularly care because this entire process is getting RIGHT ON MY MAMMARIES, and I just want to get it over and done with.

So, is the NOA2 I've received the 'usual' type of NOA2? Does everyone at this point get a choice between consular processing or AOS, and if so, how the hell do I proceed? I have to start sending in more pointless forms just to have Texas send it on to NVC??

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*im at the end of my rope*

... just an update .. I did call to see on this "birth date update" ... and they say is wait for an RFE or the next update... Just give me my Approval Please! ... so I'll check in when they do.

Oh wow! I haven't see our hard copy NOA2 yet, but I'm sure ours probably doesn't say that! How very confusing!

Click below to see our Timeline

2013-09-07 Married!

USCIS

2013-09-16 - Sent i-130

2013-09-18 - Priority date

2013-09-20 - NOA1

2014-03-03 - Transferred to CSC

2014-03-07 - NOA2 - APPROVED

NVC

2014-03-18 - NVC received

2014-04-17 - NVC case number/IIN assigned

2014-04-25 - Completed DS-261 online

2014-04-25- DS-261 accepted

2014-04-28 - I-864(AOS) Bill Generated and paid

2014-04-29 - Sent I-864(AOS) Package

2014-04-30- IV bill invoiced and paid

2014-04-30 - IV packets sent

2014-05-06 - DS-260 completed online

2014-05-23 - Checklist for AOS

2014-05-24 - AOS Checklist response submitted

2014-05-28 - IV and DS-260 approved!

2014-06-02 - AOS Checklist scanned

2014-07-08 - CASE COMPLETE!!

2014-07-10 - Interview scheduled (letter arrived 2014-07-11)

CONSULATE

2014-08-18 - Medical (completed)

2014-09-02 - Interview (APPROVED!!)

2014-09-08 - Visa in hand

2014-09-25 - POE

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS - I751

2016-07-28 - I751 Mailed

2016-07-29 - Package Received

2016-08-02 - Check Cashed

STILL NO NOA1 !!!!

Oh wow! I haven't see our hard copy NOA2 yet, but I'm sure ours probably doesn't say that! How very confusing!

I think someone in Texas must have munched one too many breakfast burritos and pushed the wrong button on their computer. The NOA2 is basically telling me 'ok, its approved, now its up to you as to how to proceed', and I don't think that can possibly be correct.

I literally have no idea where to go from here. I've been reading up on this BS for months now, and I was sure I had the whole process straight in my head, but right now, I'm back to square one.

I guess I'm going to have to speak to a tier 2 tomorrow. I fancy that as much as I fancy having a heart attack.

I think someone in Texas must have munched one too many breakfast burritos and pushed the wrong button on their computer. The NOA2 is basically telling me 'ok, its approved, now its up to you as to how to proceed', and I don't think that can possibly be correct.

I literally have no idea where to go from here. I've been reading up on this BS for months now, and I was sure I had the whole process straight in my head, but right now, I'm back to square one.

I guess I'm going to have to speak to a tier 2 tomorrow. I fancy that as much as I fancy having a heart attack.

Yup, I think that's your only option really, it would be ideal if you could just go down the AOS route and save yourselves months more of separation but has someone just made a 'ballsup' and pressed the wrong button before sending out the hard copy, who knows ........

Click below to see our Timeline

2013-09-07 Married!

USCIS

2013-09-16 - Sent i-130

2013-09-18 - Priority date

2013-09-20 - NOA1

2014-03-03 - Transferred to CSC

2014-03-07 - NOA2 - APPROVED

NVC

2014-03-18 - NVC received

2014-04-17 - NVC case number/IIN assigned

2014-04-25 - Completed DS-261 online

2014-04-25- DS-261 accepted

2014-04-28 - I-864(AOS) Bill Generated and paid

2014-04-29 - Sent I-864(AOS) Package

2014-04-30- IV bill invoiced and paid

2014-04-30 - IV packets sent

2014-05-06 - DS-260 completed online

2014-05-23 - Checklist for AOS

2014-05-24 - AOS Checklist response submitted

2014-05-28 - IV and DS-260 approved!

2014-06-02 - AOS Checklist scanned

2014-07-08 - CASE COMPLETE!!

2014-07-10 - Interview scheduled (letter arrived 2014-07-11)

CONSULATE

2014-08-18 - Medical (completed)

2014-09-02 - Interview (APPROVED!!)

2014-09-08 - Visa in hand

2014-09-25 - POE

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS - I751

2016-07-28 - I751 Mailed

2016-07-29 - Package Received

2016-08-02 - Check Cashed

STILL NO NOA1 !!!!

Well, based on this: http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/nativedocuments/2013-1114_AOS_VWP_Entrants_PM_Effective.pdf

I think we're going to do the following.

1. Fly back to the UK next month

2. Get rid of our flat in Northampton (can't wait)

3. As soon as we've done that and shipped our ####### to Florida, we'll get on a plane and fly back to Florida (one of us on a US passport, the other on VWP)

4. Apply for AOS

The End.

I can't be doing with all this. I don't think I'll even phone USCIS tomorrow...I think we will just do the AOS thingy and be done with it. Ok, so it means she won't be able to go back to the UK while the I-485 is in progress, but thats not going to cause any tears.

I've never been so fed up with anything in my entire life, apart from maybe watching a game of cricket.

Well, based on this: http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/nativedocuments/2013-1114_AOS_VWP_Entrants_PM_Effective.pdf

I think we're going to do the following.

1. Fly back to the UK next month

2. Get rid of our flat in Northampton (can't wait)

3. As soon as we've done that and shipped our ####### to Florida, we'll get on a plane and fly back to Florida (one of us on a US passport, the other on VWP)

4. Apply for AOS

The End.

I can't be doing with all this. I don't think I'll even phone USCIS tomorrow...I think we will just do the AOS thingy and be done with it. Ok, so it means she won't be able to go back to the UK while the I-485 is in progress, but thats not going to cause any tears.

I've never been so fed up with anything in my entire life, apart from maybe watching a game of cricket.

I also read someone speculating on AOS instead of waiting for IR-1 from overseas.

Is it really achievable? do we get same Greencard? I would like to see all benefits (and downside as well) AOS gives over IR-1 processing other than the fact that you could stay with spouse in the states.

IR1 applied from overseas

NOA1: 18 Sep 13 (NBC)

NOA2: 19 Mar 14 (CSC)

NVC received: 21 Mar 14

NVC case # assigned: 22 Apr 14

NVC case complete: 11 Aug 14

Interview: 2 Sep 14 (Japan)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.