Donna&Noelia

Co-Sponsor, please read && help.

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

I have a co sponsor, ( my cousin ) who is older, and married with a child.

My question is, she makes well enough money to sponsor my fiance, as well as maintain her own household however as most married couples she files her taxes jointly. Therefore the tax transcripts show her husbands income, and husbands name. We are curious, does her husband have to file a I-134 form as well ?

We know that I need to, the petitioner. Submit my I-134, employee letter, and paystubs, tax transcripts.

My co-sponsor, will submit the same as me.

What will we do about her husband? What information will they need from him since they are married, and live together?

AOS

April 18th 2014 - I-485 in acceptance.

June 26th 2014 - EAD/AP approved.

July 2nd 2014 - EAD/AP card arrived in the mail.

August 2nd 2014 - Potential Interview Waiver letter.

Jan 22nd 2015 - Submitted service request to USCIS on delay.

Jan 28th 2015 - Answer to service request that it's still being processed, and apologized for the delay.

Feb 26th 2015 - Jan 26th 2015- Sent in EAD to be renewed.

March 4th 2015- Renewal of EAD received by USCIS.

April 8th 2015 - I-485 Approved / Welcome letter sent.

April 13th 2015 - Welcome letter recieved.

April 15th 2015 - Card mailed.

***Te Amo MuCho BeBe***

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Instead of transcripts, your cousin can copy the return forms and copy the W2 forms (which only show her income) and submit those.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Timeline

My only concern with that to order w2's they are 57 dollars a piece && we will need 3.

That's why I am trying to see if anyone else who has used a co sponsor that was married.. what they did to provide proof of the income.

I can order the w2's , but if there is an easier way I'd love to do it!

I am hoping we can just use the tax transcripts, even if her husbands income is combined on the total.

She will be providing a letter from her employer which states her salary, and hours, and position so that right there is proof she makes enough...

However checking all my bases, and seeing what others have done with co sponsors whom are married.

AOS

Jan 28th 2015 - Answer to service request that it's still being processed, and apologized for the delay.

***Te Amo MuCho BeBe***

My only concern with that to order w2's they are 57 dollars a piece && we will need 3.

That's why I am trying to see if anyone else who has used a co sponsor that was married.. what they did to provide proof of the income.

I can order the w2's , but if there is an easier way I'd love to do it!

I am hoping we can just use the tax transcripts, even if her husbands income is combined on the total.

She will be providing a letter from her employer which states her salary, and hours, and position so that right there is proof she makes enough...

However checking all my bases, and seeing what others have done with co sponsors whom are married.

for K1, co sponsor u need following Docs only

I-134

Last year Tax Return

Last 3 months paystubs

Employer letter.

Edited by Mufmer

event.png

event.png

192230.gif

Timeline

for K1, co sponsor u need following Docs only

I-134

Last year Tax Return

Last 3 months paystubs

Employer letter.

Did you use a co-sponsor who was married?

AOS

***Te Amo MuCho BeBe***

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I will be using one. OK, this is what I have gathered....the person of the married couple being used will need to provide all the financial info, etc.They will also be the one using their income to qualify, and if their income ALONE is enough only they sign. Now if the married couple combined income is what covers the limit then I have no idea. My other sponsor is my stepfather, who is obviously married but he makes more than enough alone.

I could be wrong though this is what I heard.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/199871-i-134-co-sponsor-is-married-filed-taxes-jointly/

**Adjusting from initial Q1/changed to B1 then overstay, termination of removal proceedings**

(STAND ALONE i-130/TERMINATION OF REMOVAL)

First met: Totally random by asking for directions, June 2014 while on vacation at Disney World (L)

Engaged: Aug. 21, 2014

Married: Dec. 1, 2014

ICE phone contact: sometime in early Dec. 2014- Co-operated, retained attorney who advised the same.

Filed stand alone i-130: January 2015 (VSC)

ICE home visit, schedule time to go to DHS office and NTA issued, date TBD, was not detained and released on own recognizance within an hour: January, 2015.

NOA1: Feb. 20, 2015.

Transfer to CSC to balance workloads: August 2015

1)First Master Calendar Hearing: Sept. 9, 2015-Continued based on pending i-130, new court date in 6mo.

Congressional Inquiry: Dec 8. 2015

***i-130 APPROVED WITHOUT INTERVIEW: Dec. 21, 2015** :dancing:

2)Second Master Hearing: March 9, 2016- Removal proceedings terminated w/o prejudice based on approved i-130!! Remanded to USCIS to begin AOS process :dance:

(AOS AFTER TERMINATION)

Filed AOS packet: March 16, 2016.

NOA1: March 21, 2016.

Biometrics: April 20, 2016.

RFE Initial evidence: April 21, 2016 for birth cert/translation and Q1/B1 i94s

RFE response received: May 10, 2016.

EAD approval: May 25, 2016- Card arrived at attorney's office! Could not pick up until May 30 because we were at Disney World again :):D

Notice of missing medical exam: July 2016 (Done on purpose to avoid expiration, we will bring it to the interview as stated in notice)

Inquiry about case status: Sept 2016- Case pending interview at local office.

Inquiry about case status again: Oct. 2016- Due to factors not related to your case, anticipate a delay in processing

HAPPY 2YR ANNIVERSARY TO US!!

Infopass #1 at local office: Dec. 19, 2016- Case pending background/security checks, advised when to renew EAD #2

Waiting on interview at local office...... :clock:

Sent EAD renewal: Feb 10, 2016

EAD#2 NOA1: March 3, 2016

INTERVIEW SCHEDULED!!: interview on March 27, 2017

Text notification, new card being produced: March 29, 2017!!!

*~*~*~*818 DAYS TOTAL*~*~*~

"A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor."

Timeline

I will be using one. OK, this is what I have gathered....the person of the married couple being used will need to provide all the financial info, etc.They will also be the one using their income to qualify, and if their income ALONE is enough only they sign. Now if the married couple combined income is what covers the limit then I have no idea. My other sponsor is my stepfather, who is obviously married but he makes more than enough alone.

I could be wrong though this is what I heard.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/199871-i-134-co-sponsor-is-married-filed-taxes-jointly/

Right, so my cousin is going to provider her employment letter, as well as recent paystubs, a birth certificate, and tax transcripts for the last 3 years.

The tax transcripts are going to show a combined income though, because she files jointly with her husband.

The employment letter will be written proof of her income, and salary... so I am hoping that the employment letter is acceptable enough because even the pay stubs will back up the salary written.

I just want as much feedback as possible from anyone who has used a co sponsor, and been approved.

To see exactly what they provided.

I feel like we are safe to use the tax transcripts even with the combined income, because the most important is the AOS however you can never be too safe!

AOS

***Te Amo MuCho BeBe***

Timeline

I found a form where you can request W2 transcripts for free, they aren't the full tax return information, but W2 transcripts are better than nothing! I am going to order them, and continue to do my research. Still looking for feedback. :)

AOS

***Te Amo MuCho BeBe***

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Do as everyone else has said but just for your information on Thursday when I went for my interview they didnt even look at the co sponsor info. They just asked me how we were going to manage financially and then I was approved!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I found a form where you can request W2 transcripts for free, they aren't the full tax return information, but W2 transcripts are better than nothing! I am going to order them, and continue to do my research. Still looking for feedback. smile.png

As Ryan mentioned, yes, she needs to prove her individual income, and a tax transcript does not do that with a joint return, A complete copy of the return with all forms, schedules and W-2s work best in that situation, or the transcript with a copy of her W-2 as a backup choice.

If she did not keep copies of her latest W-2, then this would be your best I suppose, rather than paying for them. Did she throw out her recent IRS forms so soon, or misplaced them? It is a good idea to keep tax info/copies of your returns for a few years before shredding them. Anyway, yes. Her W-2 transcript is better than nothing. That along with her letter from employer and recent pay stubs should show well enough her individual income.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

As Ryan mentioned, yes, she needs to prove her individual income, and a tax transcript does not do that with a joint return, A complete copy of the return with all forms, schedules and W-2s work best in that situation, or the transcript with a copy of her W-2 as a backup choice.

If she did not keep copies of her latest W-2, then this would be your best I suppose, rather than paying for them. Did she throw out her recent IRS forms so soon, or misplaced them? It is a good idea to keep tax info/copies of your returns for a few years before shredding them. Anyway, yes. Her W-2 transcript is better than nothing. That along with her letter from employer and recent pay stubs should show well enough her individual income.

Thanks kay jay for your detailed response!

I agree better than nothing.

She is going to take a look for them, and hopefully she can find them.

However in the mean time I am already placing an order for her w2 transcripts, just to be safe in case she can not find them.

Thanks again guys, and hopefully this conversation will shed some light on the next person who has this issue.

I wasn't able to find any backlogs in regards to this specific question, but now I feel more confident/understand so much more.

After a little research on my own, and clarification from the responses here. :) Muchas Gracias!

AOS

***Te Amo MuCho BeBe***

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.