geff44

Introduced by a relative: Is this a red flag?

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I was doing advance searches on VJ when I came up with topics that being introduced by a relative to a future fiance/fiancee can be a red flag. In my case I am kind of worry about this. I met my fiancee last year when I went home to the Philippines. I (USC) was introduced by my uncle to my fiancee. The next 11 months we spent the time everyday chatting online and our love developed. In April of this year I went home and spent next three weeks with my fiancee, met her family and she met mine and we got engaged during our engagement party.

Will this be an issue to the USEM that I met her via my uncle? Should I have my uncle write an affidavit about our meeting? Should I have my fiancee friend's or my coworkers write affidavit to show that our relationship is genuine?

Will the following proof be enough to prove our ongoing relationship? Hundreds of facebook chat logs, her postings and my postings on each other's facebook wall with our pictures together taken during skype sessions with date of postings showing up, skype logs, a few emails ( we dont email each other much), greeting cards I sent via LBC. Receipt of Johnny air or LBC packages I sent , flower and bear sent during Valentines day with a receipt from Paypal as well as the vendor , Facetime screen shots, some Google voice and Skype voice call logs.

We also did travel together to various places in the Philippines and we have plane stubs to proved that we were together. We have lots of pictures together from the various places we visited as well as pictures of our engagement party. There are pictures of me with her family . We went to Singapore and have passport stamps to prove our trip as well as plane boarding pass.

If needed I have xoom or western union receipts of money I sent her ,but Im not submitting this since USEM might construe this differently. And just to be sure, I am going with her to USEM during her interview.

Do you guys think we have a strong case to prove our ongoing relationship?

Edited by geff44

I was doing advance searches on VJ when I came up with topics that being introduced by a relative to a future fiance/fiancee can be a red flag. In my case I am kind of worry about this. I met my fiancee last year when I went home to the Philippines. I (USC) was introduced by my uncle to my fiancee. The next 11 months we spent the time everyday chatting online and our love developed. In April of this year I went home and spent next three weeks with my fiancee, met her family and she met mine and we got engaged during our engagement party.

Will this be an issue to the USEM that I met her via my uncle? Should I have my uncle write an affidavit about our meeting? Should I have my fiancee friend's or my coworkers write affidavit to show that our relationship is genuine?

Will the following proof be enough to prove our ongoing relationship? Hundreds of facebook chat logs, her postings and my postings on each other's facebook wall with our pictures together taken during skype sessions with date of postings showing up, skype logs, a few emails ( we dont email each other much), greeting cards I sent via LBC. Receipt of Johnny air or LBC packages I sent , flower and bear sent during Valentines day with a receipt from Paypal as well as the vendor , Facetime screen shots, some Google voice and Skype voice call logs.

We also did travel together to various places in the Philippines and we have plane stubs to proved that we were together. We have lots of pictures together from the various places we visited as well as pictures of our engagement party. There are pictures of me with her family . We went to Singapore and have passport stamps to prove our trip as well as plane boarding pass.

If needed I have xoom or western union receipts of money I sent her ,but Im not submitting this since USEM might construe this differently. And just to be sure, I am going with her to USEM during her interview.

I do not think it will be a problem. How you met is not so important. The quality of your relationship is the important thing.

-Phil

kp7cnfvctuzu.png

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Meeting through a relative or friend is not an issue at all, I know a number of couples that met that way.

You have tons of evidence of an ongoing relationship, just bring a sampling of your chat and email, copies of passport stamps and receipts and of course a few pictures, you should be fine.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

I thnk that every consulate is a little different when it comes to this issue. In some cases

it could appear that one is brokering a relationship for financial gain or other fiduciary

reasons. And, as you know this happens. But, being introduced by a relative is far

better than alot of the scams happeing with dating websites. This is just my opinion.

You read the requirements of the applications forms that were filled out. Meet those

and you will be fine. I dont think that those objectives are that hard to achieve if

your in a honest and loving relationship. Good Luck...

Timeline

Not a problem at all. My fiance's aunt (a family friend) was the one who introduced us to each other. We filed the petition March 2013 and got approved.

JAYANN & JAY

K1 VISA PROCESS

03.05.13: I-129F Sent
03.12.13: I-129F NOA1 (Vermont Service Center)
07.12.13: I-129F NOA2 (Petition approved)

08.27.13: Interview - APPROVED

09.23.13: POE to JFK

10.08.13: WEDDING DAY

AOS PROCESS

11.02.13: AOS/AP/EAD Sent

11.08.13: NOA1

12.11.13:Biometrics

01.06.14: EAD/AP combo card received

02.07.14: Received an interview waiver letter

04.18.14: Green Card received

ROC PROCESS

03.08.16: ROC Sent

03.12.16: NOA1

04.04.16:Biometrics

meeting through a relative won;t be a red flag, but the fact that you send her money could be.

Might be in Jordan, but it's pretty common in the PI. I supported my fiance, my fiance was asked about it, and the CO seemed to think it was a good thing that I loved her enough to support her and her family even before marriage.

You won't need tons of proof. A few pics, maybe an email or a chat log, her engagement ring.... My fiance took more, but the CO didn't want to see it. Remember, they only have about 3 minutes to deal with each applicant.

Might be in Jordan, but it's pretty common in the PI. I supported my fiance, my fiance was asked about it, and the CO seemed to think it was a good thing that I loved her enough to support her and her family even before marriage.

You won't need tons of proof. A few pics, maybe an email or a chat log, her engagement ring.... My fiance took more, but the CO didn't want to see it. Remember, they only have about 3 minutes to deal with each applicant.

^ ^ ^

This

The sending money issue is kind of odd, but it certainly doesn't seem frowned upon. CO didn't ask about it in our case, but she took receipts along just in case.

I agree about not needing tons of proof. I think the most important issue is making sure you have proof of meeting the financial requirements.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

^ ^ ^

This

The sending money issue is kind of odd, but it certainly doesn't seem frowned upon. CO didn't ask about it in our case, but she took receipts along just in case.

I agree about not needing tons of proof. I think the most important issue is making sure you have proof of meeting the financial requirements. :thumbs:

/\ /\ /\

And this. :thumbs:

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.