johnnyv

Alien Registration Number

16 posts in this topic

I don't know what this means, if it's a sign they touched it and something good to come soon, or if it means nothing, all I know is that it made me happy to see this, that something has been done. I don't care how little that something is haha.

What does it mean and what is your experience with it in relation to approvals?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Application Type: I129F , PETITION FOR FIANCE(E)

Your Case Status: Initial Review

On August 29, 2013, your Alien Registration Number was changed relating to your I129F, PETITION FOR FIANCE(E). Please check our website at www.uscis.gov for further updates on your case. Please wait until the end of normal processing time before calling customer service at 1-800-375-5283 for live

Did you get this? This is what I just got emailed and texted to me.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I received the same message yesterday. I too hope this is a good sign. I called and talk with someone yesterday and they says it means our case has been just started to be processing. I look at it as a good sign. We will see!!!! :-)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I was emailed the same message too yesterday. I filed the I-129F on July 22, 2013. Notice date on NOA1 hardcopy is July 26. I hope this is a good sign smile.png . Btw even though VSC should be the one processing the papers, it went to TSC . The receipt number start with SRC. Also I noticed on my timeline on VJ that processing time has drastically reduced from December to October ! I just dont know how closely accurate it is.. but Im hoping for the best dancin5hr.gif

Edited by geff44

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

I had the same message. My receipt number also start with SRC.

Service Center : Texas Service Center

Consulate : Cambodia

I-129F Sent : 2013-08-02

I-129F NOA1 :2013-08-08

Your Case Status:
Initial Review

On August 29, 2013, your Alien Registration Number was changed relating to your I129F, PETITION FOR FIANCE(E). Please check our website at www.uscis.gov for further updates on your case. Please wait until the end of normal processing time before calling customer service at 1-800-375-5283 for live assistance.

Edited by 129FK1

04/26/2014 I-129F
05/01/2014 e-noticification: NOA1
05/02/2014 e-noticification: Alien registration number changed
08/08/2014 case transferred and processed at USCIS office
08/11/2014 case transferred to local office
08/16/2014 hardcopy of case transferred to CSC 2ND FL, 2400 Avila Rd, Laguna Niguel, CA 92607-0111
08/19/2014 case transferred and processed at USCIS office
09/09/2014 touch
09/18/2014 RFE

09/27/2014 Mail RFE

09/29/2014 USCIS review RFE

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K-1 Process to K-1 Progress Forum~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
I also had the same message yesterday. My receipt number also start with SRC.

Consulate : Moscow, Russia

I-129F Sent : 2013-07-25

I-129F NOA1 :2013-07-26 - email

I-129F NOA1: 2013-08-02 hard copy by snail mail

Petitions that start with SRC are the ones transferred from vermont to texas. The note saying "your Alien Registration Number was changed " means your petition is now in their system/records for processing. If you also signed up to the USCIS website to monitor your petition, your petition would be "touched" when the "last updated" date changed. This can simply mean your petition was scanned or moved to another box.

Edited by iammrsregi

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Petitions that start with SRC are the ones transferred from vermont to texas. The note saying "your Alien Registration Number was changed " means your petition is now in their system/records for processing. If you also signed up to the USCIS website to monitor your petition, your petition would be "touched" when the "last updated" date changed. This can simply mean your petition was scanned or moved to another box.

Our case went straight to the TSC no transfer at all I think ours was one of the first.

• 1 month later...
Filed: Timeline

I sent my i-129F july 24th and received noa1 shortly after. Hopefully this is a good sign gor us all.

I had the same message. My receipt number also start with SRC.

Consulate : Cambodia

I-129F Sent : 2013-08-02

I-129F NOA1 :2013-08-08

I was emailed the same message too yesterday. I filed the I-129F on July 22, 2013. Notice date on NOA1 hardcopy is July 26. I hope this is a good sign smile.png . Btw even though VSC should be the one processing the papers, it went to TSC . The receipt number start with SRC. Also I noticed on my timeline on VJ that processing time has drastically reduced from December to October ! I just dont know how closely accurate it is.. but Im hoping for the best dancin5hr.gif

I received the same message yesterday. I too hope this is a good sign. I called and talk with someone yesterday and they says it means our case has been just started to be processing. I look at it as a good sign. We will see!!!! :-)

Has anyone received any updates on their case status, since receiving the alien registration number change? I received the same email on October 16th (2 and a half months after my NOA1) and I am trying really hard not to get my hopes up about an imminent NOA2 :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I don't know what this means, if it's a sign they touched it and something good to come soon, or if it means nothing, all I know is that it made me happy to see this, that something has been done. I don't care how little that something is haha.

What does it mean and what is your experience with it in relation to approvals?

Application Type: I129F , PETITION FOR FIANCE(E)

Your Case Status: Initial Review

On August 29, 2013, your Alien Registration Number was changed relating to your I129F, PETITION FOR FIANCE(E). Please check our website at www.uscis.gov for further updates on your case. Please wait until the end of normal processing time before calling customer service at 1-800-375-5283 for live

Did you get this? This is what I just got emailed and texted to me.

I got exactly that. Maybe thats a good sign for us.

This is something that simply happens, yes it means someone touched your file, but it is not indicative of a soon-to-be approval or denial. As you can see in my signature, mine was changed Sept. 4 and 6 weeks later I got the NOA2 email.

August 5, 2013: 1-129F mailed
August 7, 2013: Received at Lockbox
August 13, 2013: NOA1
September 4, 2013: Alien Reg. # change
October 16, 2013: NOA2
October 29, 2013: Sent to DOS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

This is something that simply happens, yes it means someone touched your file, but it is not indicative of a soon-to-be approval or denial. As you can see in my signature, mine was changed Sept. 4 and 6 weeks later I got the NOA2 email.

I got a notification of alien registration changed 8.29.30. About a month later RFE was sent. At least my file is being looked at :) . Im waiting patiently for TSC to give its decision.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.