nitedreamer

Undeliverable document filed.

13 posts in this topic

We had our AOS interview 11/13, and were approved. However, no welcome letter has arrived, and neither has Matt's green card. We did get the following email Nov. 30-

"Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR

TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Document returned by the post office as undeliverable.

On November 30, 2006, the post office returned our last notice as

undeliverable. Please call 1-800-375-5283 to update the mailing address.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case

status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from

USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS

Customer Service at (800) 375-5283."

We haven't moved!! Our mail was held for a couple of days after Thanksgiving, so Matt called USCIS and told them we got this email, our address is the same, and supposedly it was recent.

We got the SAME EMAIL on Tuesday. :angry: Matt called again, offered that they could send it to the Bloomington USCIS office and we would pick it up, but apparently they can't do that, and will just keep sending it regardless of how often the post office returns it.

We've gotten plenty of USCIS mail here before though, so why is it being held up now??!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

That happened to us with our RFE and NOA1's. I called several times to make sure they had the right address but that didn't help. We made an infopass appt and were able to get the RFE and make sure the address was correct. Also our names are inside of our mailbox however the mailperson still didn't deliver it so I called the post office before 8 am and asked to speak with my carrier and she told me someone had filled in for her but she made a note as to who lives at our appartment and since then we've gotten everything!

Good luck

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
USCIS mail can not be held or forwarded.... it will be returned as undeliverable.

Yes, that's very frustrating. The best advice I have for you is to call your post office ASAP tomorrow morning and ask to speak to your carrier.

I guess the worst part is that we've received a ton of USCIS mail at this address, we've never been told something was undeliverable. It's the same address as everything else arrived at, and it's the same address all our other mail arrives at (credit card bills, doctor bills, etc).

I will call the post office in the morning, but I don't understand why there is a problem!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

The problem is that you put a hold on the mail. Any mail that comes from USCIS will not be held or forwarded.

sorry this happen to you.

I guess the worst part is that we've received a ton of USCIS mail at this address, we've never been told something was undeliverable. It's the same address as everything else arrived at, and it's the same address all our other mail arrives at (credit card bills, doctor bills, etc).

I will call the post office in the morning, but I don't understand why there is a problem!

Traveled to Morocco on Aug 3rd, 2005

Got Engaged on Aug 16th, 2005

Left Morocco on Aug 19th, 2005

08-29-05 Filed I129F

01-09-06 Interview Date (9am) We were not approved today, I guess we got a 221g of the damn S. Korea Police Certificate that Casablanca said we didn't need.

03/03/06 Turn in Passport at 9am

03/15/06 Visa Issued

03/31/06 Enter USA via JFK

05/15/06 Wedding for Visa

06/10/06 Mailed AOS papers

07/06/06 Biometerics Apt

07/15/06 My offical wedding day....I know .....:-)

07/10/06 Touched

08/25/06 EAD Approvel

09/01/06 EAD in Hand

09/26/06 AOS Interview (Recommend for Approval)

10-05-06 Received Welcome Letter

10-10-06 Green Card Arrived.

We are now one9d63d28.jpg.png

It doesn't seem evenly applied though. I put my mail on hold for a week while I was on vacation in August, and my interview letter arrived during that period. It didn't get returned to sender. Might just be cards that have this issue.

I don't mind that it was sent back the first time, when our mail was being held for two days. I worry because it was sent back a second time, after the mail was no longer being held...

It doesn't seem evenly applied though. I put my mail on hold for a week while I was on vacation in August, and my interview letter arrived during that period. It didn't get returned to sender. Might just be cards that have this issue.

Same here. My fiance came to visit me for a week so he had all his mail held by the post office, and during that week he received the NOA2 letter. It can be all USCIS letters cause it was not returned to sender and we got it without problems.

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2faws.gif+3dflags-canqc1-1.gif3Dflags

Removal of Conditions: GC received on 09/17/2009

Application to replace permanent resident cards filed 3/30/2019 (I-90)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

We had the same problem. I called the USCIS office and gave them our address again. I was lucky I received it the second time because the first time I missed my biometrics appointment. The second letter was my interview date and it arrvied but it had the address hand written on it. We discovered the problema was when they typed the address. It was too long and it was not all typed so of course it could not be delivered. I was thinking it only happened to me ... but i can see it happened to others as well.

Good luck to everybody.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.