14 posts in this topic

Hi my bf is a permanent resident, he got through last October. He is planning to come to trinidad to marry me in December and start filling for me in January

1. How long would my wait be before i get to go and meet him

2. after we pay for the filling fee are there additional fees we have to pay

3. Could i get my aunt to co sponser me if he is not making enough because he plans to go back to school, so he would not be working a full week. His school runs for 9 months and he is planning to start in January-Febuary

Responses would be appreciated. I am new to all thisgoofy.gifcrying.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hope someone that knows the process from your country correct me if i'm wrong....

In my case took in average from the fiance petition to the interview stage about 6 to 8 months... no request for more evidence nor anything to slow the process.

After the filling fee you have to pay for the issuance of the visa and process of your Consulate, medical examination and vaccines (since you are thinking in a spousal visa, and not fiance one, that you can have in the us)

After that, if you get here with your inmigrant visa, i think it comes with the conditional permanent resident card since you dont have two years of marriage... then comes the removal of conditions process that imply other fees.

I don't know if they allow foreign cosponsors, i understand is a us cosponsor, but i might be wrong.

I love you Charles forever!!

! dveMm6.png

N-400 Waiting to be schedule for Oath Ceremony 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Welcome to the forum.

:guides: (accessible at the top of the forum page). In particular, review the Marriage Based Immigration Choices chart, paying attention to the last paragraph "Note" in the Spouse Visa CR-1/IR-1 General section:

http://www.visajourney.com/content/compare

Good luck on your visa journey.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Hi my bf is a permanent resident, he got through last October. He is planning to come to trinidad to marry me in December and start filling for me in January

3. Could i get my aunt to co sponser me if he is not making enough because he plans to go back to school, so he would not be working a full week. His school runs for 9 months and he is planning to start in January-Febuary

after filing the i-130 petition it takes anywhere 3-4 years for the visa spouse of a LPR(legal permanent resident) to be approved. It all depends on how many visas are available, and how many people are applying(supply and demand). There is a fee for the i-130, the affidavit of support and the fee for the visa itself, in total about 800 usd not including any fees you pay for documents, photocopies, mailing and other expenses incurred. You aunt can only be a joint sponsor if she is a US citizen, or US LPR domiciled(living) in the US. Foreign joint sponsors are not allowed

My aunt lives in America and she is a citizen over 10 years now. So can she co sponser me.

Can we get married and start filling for me right away.................

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

after filing the i-130 petition it takes anywhere 3-4 years for the visa spouse of a LPR(legal permanent resident) to be approved. It all depends on how many visas are available, and how many people are applying(supply and demand). There is a fee for the i-130, the affidavit of support and the fee for the visa itself, in total about 800 usd not including any fees you pay for documents, photocopies, mailing and other expenses incurred. You aunt can only be a joint sponsor if she is a US citizen, or US LPR domiciled(living) in the US. Foreign joint sponsors are not allowed

Please look at the recent Visa Bulletins.

The F2a category is current for Aug and Sept which means visa numbers are immediately available to all F2a beneficiaries. The cases should take 6-12 months.

It was a 2-3 years wait last year but the PD for the F2a category made some incredible leaps.

Timeline

My aunt lives in America and she is a citizen over 10 years now. So can she co sponser me.

Can we get married and start filling for me right away.................

Yes, as a US citizen, your aunt, can be your Joint Sponsor if she meets the financial requirements of the I-864.

Timeline

Her aunt will have to full out an I-864a if she is the co sponsor and her husband will full out the I-864

If her husband and her aunt share a house, then sure she could file the I-864a as his household member.

In all likeliness, her husband and her aunt have different homes. In which case, the Petitioner/Sponsor files a I-864. The aunt as the Joint Sponsor would file her own I-864.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

- After u marry your husband needs to fill out I-130 form.

- it takes about 18 months to be accepted. If u r lucky enough it cud be faster.

- after approval your case is sent to national visa center. There It takes about 4-6 month till ur Interview where u get visa.

- there are several fees :-

:I-130

: affidavit of support checking fees

: ds- 230 ( visa application fees)

: medical fees.

- you can find these fee rates in travel.state.gov

- anyone who is lpr or citizen n who meets poverty guidelines declared by us department can sponsor. Check for I-864 p form for details.

All the best.... I have gone thru same condition n got experience.

Edited by heartlip

Timeline

- it takes about 18 months to be accepted. If u r lucky enough it cud be faster.

- after approval your case is sent to national visa center. There It takes about 4-6 month till ur Interview where u get visa.

- anyone who is lpr or citizen n who meets poverty guidelines declared by us department can sponsor. Check for I-864 p form for details.

The F2a category being current changed things. Your advice is out of date.

He is better off filing the I-130 and I-485 to adjust his wife. There is no need for them to be sepated or for her to go back to her country for an immigration visa.

Timeline

The F2a category being current changed things. Your advice is out of date.

He is better off filing the I-130 and I-485 to adjust his wife. There is no need for them to be sepated or for her to go back to her country for an immigration visa.

• 5 months later...

Did I miss something here? She said her husband came over last year and he is now a permanent resident. Not a citizen. The time frame is very much longer for permanent residents than it is for USC.

USCIS

2011/09/06 Mailed I-130 - 2011/09/16 Received NOA1 in mail - 2011/09/08 Priority date on letter - 2012/03/08 RFE Mailed
2012/04/18 USCIS received RFE responce - 2012/05/21 NOA2 APPROVED

NVC
2012/06/21 Case number and IV number received - 2102/07/06 DS3032 sent via postal mail - 2012/07/06 AOS 1-864 Bill $88 paid online
2012/07/11 AOS 1-864 bill show PAID online - 2012/07/13 AOS packet mail out - 2012/07/21 DS3032 accepted - 2012/07/21 Receive IV Bill DS-230 - 2012/07/23 Pay IV Bill DS-230 - 2012/07/24 IV Bill DS-230 show PAID online - 2012/07/24 IV packet mail out - 2012/08/03 Case  completed at NVC - 2012/09/28 Interview date. Received by email(2012/08/03)

MEDICAL/ US EMBASSY/ POE
2012/09/14 Medical Appointment - 2012/09/26 Interview / Need Co Sponsor - 2012/12/06 Acquired Co Sponsor and all relevant documents
2012/12/11 2nd Interview/ Required to submit Co.S documents along with my passport - 2012/12/11 Interview outcome APPROVED
2012/12/13 Visa in hand - 2013/01/16 POE..Miami International airport

2013/01/28 Received SS card in mail
2013/02/07 Received 2 year Green card in mail

File ROC 2014/11/18 . Appointment for fingerprints 2015/02/17, Decision 2015/05/13. 10 year Green Card in hand 2015/05/28

N-400

2018/1/27 Mail in N-400 - Chicago Lock Box - 2018/2/1 Certified mail arrived Lock Box - 2018/2/1 Priority Date - 2018/2/14 Received Receipt in mail - 2018/2/14 Received NOA to set up my online account - 2018/2/9 Online status stated appointment scheduled for bio-metrics. Bio-metrics Appointment 2018/3/1.

Timeline

Did I miss something here? She said her husband came over last year and he is now a permanent resident. Not a citizen. The time frame is very much longer for permanent residents than it is for USC.

Yes, you missed the two months where the PD for the F2a category was current and it was possible to file the I-130 and I-485 concurrently.

The PD in the F2a category is no longer current, so it's no longer possible for an LPR to file concurrently in this category.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.