Dbkrantz

Petition to allow Kinder Eggs in US

110 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

are they not allowed to be taken into the States, or they just aren't allowed to be sold??

I hope they're allowed in, my kids love them. I send them a few packs regularly

August 2000: We start e-mailing. I'm in Bosnia, she's in Florida

October 29th 2000: She sends me e-mail asking if I would marry her

October 29th 2000(5 seconds later): I say yes

November 2000: She sends me tickets to Orlando for when I get back

December 6th 2000: Return from Bos

December 11th 2000: Fly to Orlando, she meets me at airport

December 22nd 2000: I fly back to UK

January 3rd 2001: She flies to UK (Good times)

Mid February 2001: Pregnancy test Positive

Mid February 2001: She flies back to US

March 2001: Miscarriage, I fly to US on first flight I can get

May 2001: I leave US before my 90 days are up

June 2001: I fly back to US, stopped at airport for questioning as I had only just left

September 2001: Pregnancy test Positive again

September 2001: She falls sick, I make decision to stay to look after her as I am afraid I may have problems getting back in.

April 16th 2002: Our son is born, we start getting stuff together for his passport

March 6th 2003: We leave US for UK as family

Early April 2003: Family troubles make her return to US, I ask Embassy in London about possibilities of returning to US

April 16th 2003: London Embassy informs me that I will be banned from the Visa Waiver Program for 10 years, my little boys first birthday

June 13th 2006: I-129f sent

August 11th 2006: NOA1 Recieved

After our relationship breaks down she admits to me that she had never bothered to start the application process

are they not allowed to be taken into the States, or they just aren't allowed to be sold??

I hope they're allowed in, my kids love them. I send them a few packs regularly

http://www.inquisitr.com/280312/kinder-egg-ban-two-men-detained-at-american-border-faced-possible-15000-fine-for-illegal-chocolate/

Definitely not allowed in. If you get caught sending them in the mail or bringing them across the border via land or air, you can be detained and fined. (EDIT: Well, I guess if you get caught sending them in the mail, you could be fined, but not detained. Whoops lol!)

Those new Choco-Surprise eggs that they sell here claiming to be similar to Kinder Surprise is not at all the same (not that I have had one or even seen them in stores) . I like the chocolate that Kinder makes and that was just as exciting to me as a child, as getting the surprise. Besides, those huge Kinder Surprise eggs are the real fun!

Not really an issue for me. So many things I love from Canada are not available here as it is, I just see it as something added to the list. I would prefer to have Caramilk Bars sold here, or just more Cadbury chocolate in general. Not a fan of Hershey at all.

Edited by canada_socks

formerly sherrybaby

ROC Process

12-13-2013 * 90 day window to apply opens

02-24-2014 * ROC package sent to USCIS Vermont Service Center

02-25-2014 * ROC package received at USCIS Vermont Service Center

02-26-2014 * NOA1 notice date

02-28-2014 * Cheque cashed

03-05-2014 * Biometrics notice date

03-28-2014 * Biometrics Appointment in Baltimore

Let's remember this is the country = A woman spilled hot coffee on herself ...sued Mcdo for not telling her the coffee was hot & won.

& ...We have a child obesity problem - the fat kids would gobble it down like Augustus Gloop...& we all know how that turned out.

augustusgloop.jpg

Damn the kids. I'm not signing anything which benefits ambulance chasing lawyers....& fat kids.

Edited by Crashed~N2~Me

Though there may be 4-5 people worldwide who can't live without Kinder Eggs this probably doesn't qualify as a hot social topic or current event. Would it be more appropriate to move this to a regional forum? Maybe - say - Micronesia?

i don't get it.

Hey guys,

As most of you know, Kinder Eggs are not allowed in the US, because they are worried that the kid could die with the little toy inside.

What kills children is guns, not toys!

Please sign this petition in order to legalise the eggs:

http://www.petitiononline.com/freeegg/petition.html

First: it's really good and second, it brings great joy to a lot of kids in the world!

Thanks!

Actually accidents , Malignant Neoplasms, Respiratory problems, Sids and congenital birth defects kill most kids.

But please continue the chocolate egg rant

AR15s that have been used in a lot of mass shootings are legal yet kinder eggs are not? that's mental!

Ar-15's killed less people last year than attacks by hands and feet, or knives.

http://www.inquisitr.com/280312/kinder-egg-ban-two-men-detained-at-american-border-faced-possible-15000-fine-for-illegal-chocolate/

Definitely not allowed in. If you get caught sending them in the mail or bringing them across the border via land or air, you can be detained and fined. (EDIT: Well, I guess if you get caught sending them in the mail, you could be fined, but not detained. Whoops lol!)

Those new Choco-Surprise eggs that they sell here claiming to be similar to Kinder Surprise is not at all the same (not that I have had one or even seen them in stores) . I like the chocolate that Kinder makes and that was just as exciting to me as a child, as getting the surprise. Besides, those huge Kinder Surprise eggs are the real fun!

Not really an issue for me. So many things I love from Canada are not available here as it is, I just see it as something added to the list. I would prefer to have Caramilk Bars sold here, or just more Cadbury chocolate in general. Not a fan of Hershey at all.

Being fined or detained for chocolate eggs? That is crazy !!

Spoiler

CR-1 visa by Direct Consular Filing in London:

July 01, 2013 Married in Wolfeboro, NH (before returning to U.K.)

July 10, 2013 I-130 sent

July 12, 2013 Notice of Receipt (NOA1)

July 22, 2013 NOA2 approved (10 days)

August 8, 2013 Packet 3 sent but never received.

August 15, 2013 Received case number after enquiry. Booked medical and sent packet 3 forms.

August 31, 2013 Medical

Sept 18, 2013 Packet 3 forms logged into the system

Sept 24, 2013 Packet 4 received (dated September 19)

October 4, 2013 Interview *approved*

October 9, 2013 Passport received

November 12, 2013 POE Los Angeles

November 22, 2013 Social Security Number received

December 20, 2013 Green Card received.

Removal of Conditions:

September 4, 2015 I-751 sent

September 8, 2015 NOA

October 8, 2015 Biometrics

April 22, 2016 Approved

N-400 Naturalization Application:

July 5, 2018 N-400 filed (online)

July 7, 2018 Biometrics appointment letter mailed

July 23, 2018 Biometrics Appointment

OK lets stick to facts.

There has already been a white house petition that failed, because it did not get enough support

They are banned because they have a toy on the inside and kids where dying from the choking hazard

The movement started in the UK by parents who had children that died from the chocking hazard

There are a lot of things you can not bring in the US including Cuban cigars

Why would you want to bring in a product that presents a choking hazard to small children, why do you want to kill babies?

P.S. I find that usually, if you want support for your cause, tell the truth.When you start out telling people they are banned because of the chocolate, and then make a widely false claim about guns, which has nothing to do with the subject, people dismiss you as a crack pot.

NO! putting a small plastic chocking hazard in the middle off children s candy.. That is crazy.

OK lets stick to facts.

There has already been a white house petition that failed, because it did not get enough support

They are banned because they have a toy on the inside and kids where dying from the choking hazard

The movement started in the UK by parents who had children that died from the chocking hazard

Why would you want to bring in a product that presents a choking hazard to small children, why do you want to kill babies?

P.S. I find that usually, if you want support for your cause, tell the truth.When you start out telling people they are banned because of the chocolate, and then make a widely false claim about guns, which has nothing to do with the subject, people dismiss you as a crack pot.

NO! putting a small plastic chocking hazard in the middle off children s candy.. That is crazy.

You see, that's where I strongly disagree with you.

Guns are a lot more dangerous to society than little presents inside chocolate.

Then, in France, we have had Kinder Eggs for years and I have NEVER heard of such problems. So, my conclusion to this is, if the children act the same and try to put it in their mouths, then there must be an externality as to what my cause some to choke. I will not say anything more because I don't want to take the risk of offending people.

Spoiler

CR-1 visa by Direct Consular Filing in London:

July 01, 2013 Married in Wolfeboro, NH (before returning to U.K.)

July 10, 2013 I-130 sent

July 12, 2013 Notice of Receipt (NOA1)

July 22, 2013 NOA2 approved (10 days)

August 8, 2013 Packet 3 sent but never received.

August 15, 2013 Received case number after enquiry. Booked medical and sent packet 3 forms.

August 31, 2013 Medical

Sept 18, 2013 Packet 3 forms logged into the system

Sept 24, 2013 Packet 4 received (dated September 19)

October 4, 2013 Interview *approved*

October 9, 2013 Passport received

November 12, 2013 POE Los Angeles

November 22, 2013 Social Security Number received

December 20, 2013 Green Card received.

Removal of Conditions:

September 4, 2015 I-751 sent

September 8, 2015 NOA

October 8, 2015 Biometrics

April 22, 2016 Approved

N-400 Naturalization Application:

July 5, 2018 N-400 filed (online)

July 7, 2018 Biometrics appointment letter mailed

July 23, 2018 Biometrics Appointment

OK lets stick to facts.

Dude they lifted the ban on cubies!

i don't get it.

Dude they lifted the ban on cubies!

another crazed anti-gun fanatic with no facts that wants to choke kids.

You see, that's where I strongly disagree with you.

Guns are a lot more dangerous to society than little presents inside chocolate.

Then, in France, we have had Kinder Eggs for years and I have NEVER heard of such problems. So, my conclusion to this is, if the children act the same and try to put it in their mouths, then there must be an externality as to what my cause some to choke. I will not say anything more because I don't want to take the risk of offending people.

Anyone find it ironic that so many French people complain about the danger of guns in society from one corner of their mouth while every few years screaming for help from invasion (help from the barrels of guns of course) from the other corner?

From my side the humor on this issue has long since evaporated. Summary: You have now offended someone. You can however try to make up for this offense by explaining the above irony.

Then you may return to discussion of "surrender tactics of the easter bunny in France" or whatever you were talking about. My view on this and answer to your specific post is that probably the reason they are used widely in France and use is allowed in France is that If kids in France were seen to be as important as kids here then French people would at a minimum be able and willing to protect them. The candies were not banned because kids choke on the little toys however. Simple explanation. It should not come as a stunning surprise. This is the original reason they could not be sold here. The 1938 Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act contains a section highlighting that a confectionery product with a non-nutritive object, partially or totally imbedded within it, cannot be sold within the United States, unless the FDA issues a regulation that the non-nutritive object has functional value

Old law. Before our time. The FDA just re-iterated the rule in 2012 to sort of add "OH and by the way British kids choke on these toys so they are a choking hazard too". The petition is currently closed due to lack of interest, sort of like where Obamacare is going.

Anything else?

i don't get it.