I AM NOT THAT GUY

'Boyfriend Tracker' app raises stir in Brazil

13 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

RIO DE JANEIRO (AP) Brazilians were outraged when they learned their country was a top target of the U.S. National Security Agency's overseas spying operation, with data from billions of calls and emails swept up in Washington's top secret surveillance program.

Yet when it comes to the cloak and dagger effort of catching philandering lovers, all high-tech weapons appear to be fair game at least to the tens of thousands of Brazilians who downloaded "Boyfriend Tracker" to their smartphones before the stealthy software was removed from the Google Play app store last week, apparently in response to complaints about privacy abuses and its potential to be used for extortion or even stalking.

"Brazilians are a jealous people, what can I say? Of course it's going to be popular," said Marcia Almeida, a 47-year-old woman in Rio whose marriage ended seven years ago in large part because of what she said was her husband's infidelity.

"It's a different type of spying," she said of comparisons to the NSA surveillance program. "You're checking up on somebody you know intimately, not some stranger."

The app, called "Rastreador de Namorados" (Portuguese for Boyfriend Tracker), promises to act like a "private detective in your partner's pocket."

Functions include sending the person doing the tracking updates on their partner's location and forwarding duplicates of text message traffic from the targeted phone. There is even a command that allows a user to force the target phone to silently call their own, like a pocket dial, so they can listen in on what the person is saying.

Similar apps are marketed for smartphone users in other countries, including Europe and the U.S.

http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/news-world/20130822/LT-Brazil-Boyfriend-Tracker/

If you are tempted to use such software you should just ditch the partner but some people just loves drama.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Filed: Timeline

I know a couple that uses the find my friends app for each other. Psycho.

One of the neighborhood fathers was a cameraman for CBS, doing shows like the Smother's Brothers Show and the Sonny and Cher Comedy Hour. Both Sonny and Cher each had a stenographer follow them around all day, so if there was ever an argument about what one said to the other, there was a record.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

One of the neighborhood fathers was a cameraman for CBS, doing shows like the Smother's Brothers Show and the Sonny and Cher Comedy Hour. Both Sonny and Cher each had a stenographer follow them around all day, so if there was ever an argument about what one said to the other, there was a record.

Ha, that's perfect.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

What's the problem? It's Brasil !!! Infidelity rates are high there.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

...and clearly following your partner around electronically is the answer!

It's not quite on a par with checking girls for virginity but it's in the same ballpark.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

If you are tempted to use such software you should just ditch the partner but some people just loves drama.

My thoughts exactly

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Greece
Timeline

I agree. If i'm in a situation where I feel the need to track my partner, then it's time to move on. Can't have love without trust.

greek_american_flag100.gif

Vda4m4.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Exactly.

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

Timeline

I dunno - if'n i've seen her naked, then I respect her right to implant me with a location-finder chip.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Aiyo - one just for you, but expect to see it next week also.

2mzcunl.gif