van1234essa

Anooother but simple (I hope) question to the I-134

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

So I got the papers from my fiancé. He sent me the original tax returns since he already had them on hand. Now my question is.. I only need the W2 and 1040? I see there are other forms as the form 8879 or IT-201??? I'm so not familiar with these documents.

And people that sent the originals did you get them back?? Or just send copies? I don't wanna chance getting an RFE for that tho.

Thank you all!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Belarus
Timeline

He can get free transcripts for the last 3 years from the IRS site. It takes less than a week. He can then scan them and send to you as an attachment.

OUR K-1 JOURNEYMET ONLINE 2011MET IN BELARUS 2012SHE SAID YES!! 2012NOA1 06/22/2012WENT TO GREECE TOGETHER 08/01/2012VISITED HER IN BELARUS 11/07/2012NOA2 VIA EMAIL 12/05/2012EMBASSY INTERVIEW 02/13/2013VISA ISSUED 02/14/2013ARRIVED IN THE U.S. 02/26/2013MARRIED 03/16/2013AOS,EAD,AP FIled 04/02/2013NOA1 04/10/2013Biometrics completed 05/07/2013EAD card sent for production 06/13/2013EAD/AP card arrived in mail. 06/21/2013AOS approved 10/21/2013Green card arrived via mail 10/31/2013Removal of conditions mailed 08/04/2015 10 year card approved 06/08/2016 <p>

Timeline

Thanks for your reply but that isn't exactly my question. I have the documents on hand already so there's no sense in getting transcripts now and then mail them.

I'm willing to give them whatever forms they want. Just need to know which ones.

Anyhow still thank you

I'm not familiar with either form 8879 or IT-201. I've also never heard it mentioned as a requirement. My understanding is that a W-2 and the 1040 form constitute a complete tax return. Or you can of course use the tax transcripts which replace the need for either the W-2 or 1040. I personally sent my fiancee the W-2s and 1040 for 2012 and the tax transcripts for 2012, 2011 and 2010.

Isaiah 49:5 - My God Shall Be My Strength rolleyes.gif

Timeline

I'm not familiar with either form 8879 or IT-201. I've also never heard it mentioned as a requirement. My understanding is that a W-2 and the 1040 form constitute a complete tax return. Or you can of course use the tax transcripts which replace the need for either the W-2 or 1040. I personally sent my fiancee the W-2s and 1040 for 2012 and the tax transcripts for 2012, 2011 and 2010.

Thank you for your answer! :) did you send original w2 and 1040 or copies?

Here is some more info which hopefully helps. I found these on the IRS website and included the links.

Tax return and it's equivalent the tax transcript:

"A tax return transcript shows most line items from your tax return (Form 1040, 1040A or 1040EZ) as it was originally filed, including any accompanying forms and schedules. In most cases, your transcript includes all the information a lender or government agency needs."

http://www.irs.gov/uac/Tax-Return-Transcripts

Further info:

"If you need an exact copy of a previously filed and processed tax return and all attachments (including Form W-2)..."

"Most needs for tax return information can be met with a computer printout of your return information called a "transcript." A transcript may be an acceptable substitute for an exact copy of a return by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services and lending agencies for student loans and mortgages."

http://www.irs.gov/taxtopics/tc156.html

Thank you for your answer! smile.png did you send original w2 and 1040 or copies?

You're welcome. For the W-2s I sent one original and one photo copy of each. For the 1040 all I did was printout the return that was filed through the site, express1040.com, which is where I submitted my return. I sent her two copies of the return.

Timeline

Ok great :) you're a big help right here. I appreciate it.

One last question.. Did you get the original w2 back? I got two for 2011 but only one from 2012. If I submit the original what are my chances of getting it back?

I can't even check your timeline on my phone so I don't see if you had the interview already. If not ignore my question :)

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

So I got the papers from my fiancé. He sent me the original tax returns since he already had them on hand. Now my question is.. I only need the W2 and 1040? I see there are other forms as the form 8879 or IT-201??? I'm so not familiar with these documents.

And people that sent the originals did you get them back?? Or just send copies? I don't wanna chance getting an RFE for that tho.

Thank you all!

You only need copies, do not bring the originals to the interview as the embassy will keep them if you do.

I don't know what an 8879 or IT-201 is... doubt its something the embassy wants.

Follow the embassy instructions letter ... exactly. Bring what is stated there.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Thank you all!

Send copies only.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.