Flaxen

Wait or follow another process to be able to work?

8 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

I am in the US on a K! visa. I submitted my AOS at the end of July. In my home country I worked for the Salvation army and I visited them here in the possiblity they may offer me work. Well they have...

Do I wait for the EAD process to get through the 90 days.. or follow another process?

Advice appreciated.

event.png

event.png

Nothing has a stronger influence psychologically on their environment and especially on their children than the unlived life of the parent. - Carl Jung

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

I am in the US on a K! visa. I submitted my AOS at the end of July. In my home country I worked for the Salvation army and I visited them here in the possiblity they may offer me work. Well they have...

Do I wait for the EAD process to get through the 90 days.. or follow another process?

Advice appreciated.

You need the EAD to legally work.

Normally, it takes 2-3 months to get the EAD after applying for it.

If you need your EAD immediately, then you can make an Infopass appointment and ask for an expedite.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

You need the EAD to legally work.

Normally, it takes 2-3 months to get the EAD after applying for it.

If you need your EAD immediately, then you can make an Infopass appointment and ask for an expedite.

Thanks ... I have no intention of working illegally hence wanting to know options.

But its good to know there is a possibility to expedite. The employer was also talking about supporting or sponsoring me.

I have my social security number already.

I am in the midst of painting the house during my 'wait time' ... not actually 100% available yet for work! Rather I am working AT home dancin5hr.gif

Thanks for the input.

event.png

event.png

Nothing has a stronger influence psychologically on their environment and especially on their children than the unlived life of the parent. - Carl Jung

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.