Michael and Tania

Interview Requirements

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi VJers! I will be applying for K1 Visa and will leave Philippines with my son. I have questions regarding some of our needed requirements.Am I going to fill up the forms for my son as well? Does my fiance need to provide two separate affidavit of support for us? Do I need to pay separate fees for K1 and K2 visa? Thanks in advance for your answers.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

You don't need a seperate application for your son. Add him on your application and when asked if he will be traveling with you, be sure to state that he will. During the second phase, you will have to fill out forms for him seperately such as form DS-230 and other forms your country requires, but for the first phase it's just one application and fee. Your spouse only needs one affidavit of support for you and your son but his income must meet the guidlines for three people. i'm not sure if you have to pay a seperate visa fee, just prepare to do do because its a huge possibility. I think they charge a fee for each visa that they process

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K-1 Progress to K-1 Process Forum~

~initial K-1 process inquiry~

(organizer hat off)

Consider reviewing the DOS Nonimmigrant K-1 Fiance(e) FAQs for more information about K-2s:

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/types/types_2994.html

Good luck.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Timeline

Will they still send back to my fiance the full I-129F package because I think we need a copy of it for the interview? Thanks for all your responses!

Will they still send back to my fiance the full I-129F package because I think we need a copy of it for the interview? Thanks for all your responses!

Timeline

This is also my issue should we get approved for I129F petition. I wasn't able to make copies of my original I129F and form G325s. Are these documents really needed during the interview? Replies would be greatly appreciated.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi VJers! I will be applying for K1 Visa and will leave Philippines with my son. I have questions regarding some of our needed requirements.Am I going to fill up the forms for my son as well? Does my fiance need to provide two separate affidavit of support for us? Do I need to pay separate fees for K1 and K2 visa? Thanks in advance for your answers.

Yes you will complete forms for your son as well as yourself, details are in the embassy instructions letter. You will need duplicate I-134 and supporting documents also. Yes you will pay a separate fee fore each visa. When scheduling your interview online, once you have scheduled your interview it will ask if you would like to schedule another... this is where you schedule for the K2 (your son)

Forms needed and more information are in my link, follow the flashing arrow below.

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Will they still send back to my fiance the full I-129F package because I think we need a copy of it for the interview? Thanks for all your responses

NO you do not need a copy of the I-129F for the interview, the embassy will have the original file there.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

My fiancee files k1 visa, we have a daughter and she's already american citizen because last year we applied her CRBA on us embassy. Does she needs k2 visa?

My fiancee files k1 visa, we have a daughter and she's already american citizen because last year we applied her CRBA on us embassy. Does she needs k2 visa?

No she is a USC and is eligible to move to the USA at any time. Make sure she has a US passport.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

Yes you will complete forms for your son as well as yourself, details are in the embassy instructions letter. You will need duplicate I-134 and supporting documents also. Yes you will pay a separate fee fore each visa. When scheduling your interview online, once you have scheduled your interview it will ask if you would like to schedule another... this is where you schedule for the K2 (your son)

Forms needed and more information are in my link, follow the flashing arrow below.

Thank you so much for the useful information. It helps a lot! About the series of no. found above the beneficiary's name on the NOA2 mail notice (AXXX XXX XXX), is that the alien no? Where do we use that?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.