11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

So I personally am going through the I-129f application for the k1 visa and I just have a question about the timelines I want to find out how accurate they really are.

I know they depend on people actually updating there timeline cause I presume people use it untill they get their good news and forget about this site that has helped them all through it and them updating there timeline will help others in the situation.

So can anybody verify these timlines are accurate with a tolerance or has anyboy experienced a better date or a significantly worse date.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Personally for me initially it wasn't very accurate then started moving around very erratically and then on the final stretch was reasonably accurate. I would say you're still too early in the game to get much sensible data from it - check on Igor's List where your service center is currently that might give you a better indication...

For us, some steps took longer and some were shorter but in the end the overall time was pretty accurate.

I-129F Sent : 2012-11-02
I-129F NOA1 : 2012-12-06
I-129F RFE(s) : 2013-5-30
RFE Reply(s) : 2013-6-10
I-129F NOA2 : 2013-6-17
NVC Received : 2013-06-28
NVC Left : 2013-07-02
Consulate Received : 2013-07-08
Packet 3 Received : 2013-07-10
Packet 3 Sent : 2013-07-25
Packet 4 Received : 2013-08-24
Interview Date : 2013-09-13
Interview Result : Approved
Visa Received : 2013-09-23
US Entry : 2013-10-25

Marriage : 2013-11-16

Filed AOS
CIS Office : Santa Ana CA
Date Filed : 2013-12-05
NOA Date : 2013-12-12

Biometrics: 2013-12-26

Interview Date: 2014-04-07

EAD Approval: 2014-02-15

EAD Received: 2014-02-26

AP Approved: 2014-02-18

AP Received: 2014-02-26

I-751 Sent: 2016-01-09

I-751 NOA1: 2016-01-11

I-751 Biometrics: 2016-02-29

Timeline

Well I think something should be done about inactive accounts as I have looked through igors for just my service centre and there at least 20 accounts that havnt been logged into since June and before.

So I personally am going through the I-129f application for the k1 visa and I just have a question about the timelines I want to find out how accurate they really are.

I know they depend on people actually updating there timeline cause I presume people use it untill they get their good news and forget about this site that has helped them all through it and them updating there timeline will help others in the situation.

So can anybody verify these timlines are accurate with a tolerance or has anyboy experienced a better date or a significantly worse date.

If you are talking about the predicted date given--it is an average so some are faster and some are slower.

A problem with Texas Service Center is many put that because they mail to a lockbox in Texas. That is only a receiving station in Texas, not the Texas Service Center. The NOA1 usually says Vermont or California as the actual service center. And when Vermont got way far behind they shipped out a load for Texas Service Center to work on, even though they normally don't do i-129Fs. Some changed their profile to TSC while others left it VSC. I would say yours being currently set at TSC is less accurate because of those issues.

As far as abandoned accounts, Capt Ewok the head admin/owner posted once that his prediction formula disregards out of date and timelines that appear abandoned. Periodically there is also a house cleaning also I believe.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Timeline

If you are talking about the predicted date given--it is an average so some are faster and some are slower.

A problem with Texas Service Center is many put that because they mail to a lockbox in Texas. That is only a receiving station in Texas, not the Texas Service Center. The NOA1 usually says Vermont or California as the actual service center. And when Vermont got way far behind they shipped out a load for Texas Service Center to work on, even though they normally don't do i-129Fs. Some changed their profile to TSC while others left it VSC. I would say yours being currently set at TSC is less accurate because of those issues.

As far as abandoned accounts, Capt Ewok the head admin/owner posted once that his prediction formula disregards out of date and timelines that appear abandoned. Periodically there is also a house cleaning also I believe.

Our case is being done through the Texas service center they have only just started doing them

Out receipt number begins with SRC followed by the file numbers, SRC is the Texas service center not the lock box. If you look on igors list you will find out that cases around our time are through Texas

Provided the system doesn't have a hiccup, you can trust the timeline. During our K-1 process there was a hiccup (VSC->TSC transfer) and we'll be 264 days from NOA1 to Interview. Many people applied far after us and are interviewing far before we are.

It is a total ####### shoot :-)

So, my advice would be to take a low ball of 6 months and a high ball of 12 months from NOA1 to Interview and plan accordingly.

ROC:

17-JUN-2016: Filed I-751

24-JUN-2016: VSC NOA

09-JUL-2016: Biometrics appointment Raleigh, NC ASC

AOS:

04-JAN-2014: POE

07-JAN-2014: Filed for SSN

18-JAN-2014: Wedding in Wilmington, NC

31-JAN-2014: Filed for AOS (lockbox received 01-FEB-2014)

05-FEB-2014: NOA1 for I-485, I-765, I-131

04-MAR-2014: Biometrics in Raleigh, NC

09-APR-2014: I-765/I-131 approved

14-APR-2014: EAD/AP Card Received (mailed 11-APR-2014)

14-MAY-2014: Notice of delay in processing, estimated completion NOV-2014 :(

28-JUN-2014: Reception in Wilmington, NC

11-AUG-2014: Card production notice! :)

15-AUG-2014: Hardcopy I-797 Approval of AOS

18-AUG-2014: Card in hand.

K1:

25-DEC-2012: Proposal!

10-JAN-2013: Filed I-129F (lockbox received 12-JAN-2013)

16-JAN-2013: NOA1 VSC (hard copy received 22-JAN-2013)

30-MAY-2013: Transferred from VSC to TSC

24-JUN-2013: NOA2 electronic notification (hard copy received 27-JUN-2013)

16-JUL-2013: USCIS sends to NVC

22-JUL-2013: Case number assigned, sent to MTL. (called DoS instead of NVC)

24-JUL-2013: Case received at MTL. (hard copy received 27-JUL-2013)

08-AUG-2013: Packet 3 mailed to MTL via XPressPost (MTL received 12-AUG-2013)

20-AUG-2013: MTL logs Packet 3 and sends Packet 4 (happy birthday Christopher!)

28-AUG-2013: Medical (Dr. Seiden, results received 03-SEP-2013)

07-OCT-2013: Interview (Approved!)

10-OCT-2013: Visa ready with Loomis! (picked up 17-OCT-2013)

Our case is being done through the Texas service center they have only just started doing them

Out receipt number begins with SRC followed by the file numbers, SRC is the Texas service center not the lock box. If you look on igors list you will find out that cases around our time are through Texas

All I meant was some screw up the TSC data because they think lockbox=service center and never go back and change it. So TSC could have some odd extra profiles or lingering stats from the workload shift.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

It depends on what is going on.

There's not a lot of data on Texas, so the timeline for them will vary rather widely.

California will be pretty accurate, but any disaster or sudden influx of petitions can cause delays.

My case was one of the transfers to Texas and I would check my timeline estimates every day and it was constantly changing.

The timelines take the estimated processing times from the USCIS website, the data from people's timelines filing the same petitions to the same service center, and calculate an average.

If for any reason people are not updating their timelines regularly, or the USCIS website is massively out of date, or any other extenuating circumstances it will not be accurate.

But for a general idea, just check it once a week and see if it changes drastically, but don't make ANY plans or purchase tickets until you have your visa in hand.

I personally would recommend a courthouse wedding to appease the 90 day visa requirement, and then plan your BIG wedding after. No one has to know it's not the legal ceremony, and there is less stress on you without that time crunch. smile.png

Edited by d3adc0d3

~ Don't forget to 'Vote Up' useful advice from others ~

K1 Visa Journey [April 11, 2013 - August 31, 2014]
[2014-09-20] !!! WEDDING !!!
[2014-09-22] Applied for SSN
[2014-09-26] Marriage License in Snail Mail
[2014-10-22] Notification of SSC in mail, will arrive "within 2 weeks"
[2014-10-27] SSC Arrived!

2015-04-30] Mailed AOS Package!
[2015-06-16] EAD Approved!
[2015-06-16] AP Approved!
[2015-06-23] EAD/AP Card Received!

[2015-10-02] AOS Approved (No Interview)!

[2015-10-07] Greencard Mailed

[2015-10-09] Approval Notice Recieved

[2015-10-09] Greencard Recieved!

I used RapidVisa for my petition; a paperwork service. A K1 is $375.00 to use their hassle-free online application system.

Useful Links:
Igor's List | Advanced Search Tool | Q&A With a Former USCIS Adjudicator
Visa Status Checker (Once you get a Case # from NVC) | Offical USCIS Reasons for a K1 Denial

The advice offered by this user is not legal advice. You should contact an attorney to obtain legal advice.

Timeline

It depends on what is going on.

There's not a lot of data on Texas, so the timeline for them will vary rather widely.

California will be pretty accurate, but any disaster or sudden influx of petitions can cause delays.

My case was one of the transfers to Texas and I would check my timeline estimates every day and it was constantly changing.

The timelines take the estimated processing times from the USCIS website, the data from people's timelines filing the same petitions to the same service center, and calculate an average.

If for any reason people are not updating their timelines regularly, or the USCIS website is massively out of date, or any other extenuating circumstances it will not be accurate.

But for a general idea, just check it once a week and see if it changes drastically, but don't make ANY plans or purchase tickets until you have your visa in hand.

I personally would recommend a courthouse wedding to appease the 90 day visa requirement, and then plan your BIG wedding after. No one has to know it's not the legal ceremony, and there is less stress on you without that time crunch. smile.png

Oh we planned on a cheap courthouse wedding just to get the wedding done and be married and after that get the AOS going and have a bigger wedding

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.