pcamaliga

k1 visa reschedule

13 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

if my fiance already set an interview can she reschedule it? does it have payment? because her medical exam and interview are dated so close and it says we should take 1 - 2 weeks medical exam before interview

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from K-1 Process forum to the Embassy/Consulate forum -- topic involves that phase. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

I did mine in a week. Give them atleast 2 days to forward the results and if she wont have any issues with her medical i think she will be just fine.

}Our Journey{

--October 22, 2010 * Started talking online "As friends"

--November 20,2010 * Became a couple (Started Dating)

--December 18,2011 * Met in person for first time @ Davao Int. Airport

--January 3,2012 * Returned to the US (saddest day of our lives)

--May 19,2012 * I-129F finally sent YAY!

--May 21,2012 * Packet 1 was received at Dallas Lockbox Facility

--May 23,2012 * First Notice Of Action (NOA1)

--May 24,2012 * $340.00 Check is Cashed By Department of Homeland Services

--May 29,2012 * Form I-797C NOA1 Received From USCIS California Service Center

--August 16,2012 * APPROVED I-129F!!! WOO! :) :) :)

--August 20,2012 * Second Notice Of Action Rcvd (NOA2 Hardcopy)

}*{Patience brings things worth waiting for}*{

if my fiance already set an interview can she reschedule it? does it have payment? because her medical exam and interview are dated so close and it says we should take 1 - 2 weeks medical exam before interview

You can reschedule it if you think it is needed. They are allowing 2x for rescheduling but after that you will be paying for a new visa appointment like what VJ members say. :)

AOS/EAD/AP

10/03/13 - package sent to Chicago Lockbox

10/07/13 - package received by S. Rodriguez

10/10/13 - Email Notification for AOS/EAD/AP

10/19/13 - NOA1 EAD

11/07/13 - BIOMETRICS APPOINTMENT

11/16/13 - USCIS Status for I-485: Testing and Interview

12/03/13 - USCIS Status for I-131 AP - Approved / USCIS Status for I-485 - Card/ Document Production

01/07/14 - INTERVIEW @ 1:00pm, USCIS Hagatna Guam -APPROVED

01/08/14 - Card Production Ordered

01/09/14 - Register Permanent Status

01/14/14 - For Delivery with USPS Tracking No.

1/24/14/ - GC on hand

ROC I-751

10/09/15 - Eligible for ROC

10/21/15 - I-751 Packet mailed via USPS (2 day Priority Mail)

10/23/15 - Delivered to USCIS California Service Center

10/27/15 - $590 charged to account.

10/29/15 - received NOA dated 10/23/15

11/06/15 - Biometrics received for 11/18/15 appointment

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

No, you should go for it, if the Embassy is open, and the flooding isn't going to be a problem. My fiancee has her interview on the 27th also! At 7:30am. We aren't allowed to reschedule anymore without paying BPI again.

They should be able to send the medical results to your interview in time. I wonder if they would allow you to hand carry them or not?

Timeline

thanks guys maybe ill just tell her to reschedule because her medical exam will be tom and the interview in the embassy is 27th i think its to tight right?

she should go,dont waste time....as long as she is healthy ur fine

Timeline

thanks guys maybe ill just tell her to reschedule because her medical exam will be tom and the interview in the embassy is 27th i think its to tight right?

She should go for it if it is tomorrow. We never know when you can reschedule. T he worst thing they can do is give a 221g if the results are not received and securing an appointment is most important with the flood going on.

Timeline

she rescheduled for september 10, im thinking that she will have her medical tomorrow and her interview is on the 27th. im thinking that the results is not ready by that time :(

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

hey i made my medical and interview within four days...go for it..dont reschedule..

July 25,2013--USCIS received my AOS packaet

July 31, 2013-Email/text notication from USCIS

August 1, 2013- Check encashed

August 5, 2013-Received NOA1's in the mail.

August 9,2013- Received my Biometric Appointment Notice in the mail.dancin5hr.gif

August 15, 2013. Done with my biometric..(walk-in in Local USCIS in Philadelphia)

October 2, 2013- Approved EAD and AP.
October 13, 2013-Recevied my Combo Card( EAD and AP) through mail.

November 14, 2013- Received a Letter of Potential Waiver Interview in the mail.

January 14, 2014- Approved Green Card date. Anniversary date of my 2-year Green Card.

January 23, 2014- Received my green card in the mailbox.

Reminder:

I have to apply for ROC of my 2 year green card within October 20, 2015 to December 2015.

Timeline

My Fiancee had hers on the 20th but they were short with Dr.'s to read the results. So they had her come back the following day for results and immunization. Her interview is on the 26th of Aug and I think she'll be fine.

You should have kept the appointment but I could see your point just to be sure. I got nervous a bit because of the Embassy being closed and all. They do hand you a CD for your xray and results.

I just hope the Embassy can receive DHL packages again, tracking my docs from NVC shows delivery will be attempted again when it opens. I know my case was part of the Aug 15th shipment. Good Luck

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

The embassy letter suggests 1 week only. If you have 5 days between the medical and interview I would not reschedule the interview. It may be close but odds are you will be fine.... worse case you would have a short delay while waiting for the medical to be reviewed at the embassy, but that would very likely be less wait time then rescheduling (especially after all the flooding and re-scheduling that has been going on).

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

...I wonder if they would allow you to hand carry them or not?

Yes, they would.

That's what people have done when their interview was a day or two after completing the medical. Just explain your situation to St. Lukes.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.