Jo Së

Mail delivery in Mexico?

7 posts in this topic

How does the Juarez Consulate mail the packet to the benificiary? My fiancee is worried that because the mail system in mexico is not that great the packet might get lost. She does not have a mailing address becuase of where she lives so Im using my sister's address in Leon. Can anyone please advice! Thanks!

21 Aug 2013: I-129F Sent

11 Feb 2014: Visa APPROVED!

20 May 2014: Wedding!

--

31 Jul 2014: Mailed AOS Packet

12 Feb 2015: AOS Interview - Approved

--

22 Feb 2017: Mailed ROC Packet

08 Aug 2018: ROC Approved

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from K-1 Process forum to the Embassy/Consulate forum -- topic involves that phase. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Don't worry.

CDJ will send you both the letter.

In it, they will ask you to go ahead and schedule both your interview and ASC appointments

My fiancée lives in Mexico City and she received it.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

We just went through this two months ago. The Consulate's office in Ciudad Juarez will mail you (USC) and your finacee the invitation letter. We waited and waited. I called the Consulate's office to see if they would send a new letter. They said a new letter would be sent via overnight DHL. Wrong as that did not happen. Some background on the Consulate's office. If you call them you can expect to receive incorrect information. There are a number of people that have posted here that you can arrive at the Consulate's office early in the morning and go to the information window and they will print you the invitation letter. Anyway we waited for over a month and deceided to move forward with going to the informormation window. We already had completed the forms (DS260, DS156 and DS156K, etc). We had paid our visa fees but had not scheduled the interview. The next day not one but TWO invitation letters arrived at my home in the US. I scanned the letter and emailed it to my finacee. She went to Ciudad Juarez and was approved. We selected to have the DLH package delivered to a DHL office close to her home in Mexico City. The package arrive 6 days later. The strange thing is about three weeks later my finacee received two letters at her home in Mexico City!

Let me know if you have any questions as I think I might have most of your answers.

God Bless and God's Speed

This is coming from a Viet Nam era former Marine...thanks for your service

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Id never receive my letter at home but my fiance did, he send it to me and i use that one to make the appointment and everything else...

I love you Charles forever!!

! dveMm6.png

N-400 Waiting to be schedule for Oath Ceremony 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

The mail is terrible in Mexico. My husband never received the letter in Mexico City. They will also send the letter to the USC petitioner, but it can take it about 4-6 weeks to arrive after they mail it. You can go ahead and follow the instructions and schedule everything while waiting for the letter to arrive. If you want to research more on the Juarez process while waiting, check this post > http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/438076-what-exactly-do-we-ask-the-nvc-for/?p=6327340

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.